Options

New Pearl Jam Album .. has been heard! :)

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    AHHHHHHHHHHH

am i the only one who doesnt want to know anything about the new album???

i just want it to be a suprise when it comes out officially!

i love the hype but i want to hear it properly and itll just drive me crazy!

+1
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    I BrisK I wrote:
    Whats the big deal with Santa Cruz and Golden gate? They really arn't good songs...
    This is NOTHING to due with the topic, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your SIG.!! :)

Just to add, this has NOTHING to due with the topic, but I just wanted to say that I LOVE your avatar! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I hope this album is 12 songs that sound exactly like Santa Cruz, all named after towns in California.

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    Don't forget about the albums first single:
    "San Pedro"
    Featuring a guest appearance by Mike Watt on bass w/ Boom Gasper on Lead Vocals and Mike McCready on Electric Tuba.

I'm told that Eddie let Tim Robbins and Sean Penn write 99.9% of the lyrics.

Also...Stone Gossard doesn't even play a single note on the album until about the six song and it's mostly just light acoustic strumming.

Apparently, Jeff's bass is WAY DOWN in the mix and Matt Cammeron mostly plays with brushes rather than drum sticks.

New sound. Very Mellow.

I think they are only going to tour this album in major North American markets.
    The tour will be sponsered by Live Nation as well as the "In & Out Burger" franchise.

T-shirts will $75.00 Plain white and read:
    MERRY CHRISTMAS on the front
    and
    FUCK THE SOUTH on the back.

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.

You forgot that there are hardly any Mike leads.

oh wait... :?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    Yeah man, I´m listening the new album and it sounds like Ricky Martin!!!! Fucking Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

(* That thing about Ricky Martin and all that....forget it.....maybe is the weather here in this gay marriage....) :twisted:

PEOPLE: DON´T BELIEVE IN LIES AND TRUST IN RELIABLE SOURCES** :idea:

(** That was really me) :lol:
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    I wonder if Eddie is going to perform his "ballad" at any of his upcoming solo shows?
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    I hope this album is 12 songs that sound exactly like Santa Cruz, all named after towns in California.

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    "San Pedro"
    Featuring a guest appearance by Mike Watt on bass w/ Boom Gasper on Lead Vocals and Mike McCready on Electric Tuba.

Also...Stone Gossard doesn't even play a single note on the album until about the six song and it's mostly just light acoustic strumming.

Apparently, Jeff's bass is WAY DOWN in the mix and Matt Cammeron mostly plays with brushes rather than drum sticks.

New sound. Very Mellow.

The tour will be sponsered by Live Nation as well as the "In & Out Burger" franchise.

and

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.

Hehee, cheers, i got a great kick out of that.

And dont forget the Paddy Casey guest vocals.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

and

in & out burger! good times! :)

75 dollar for a shirt? hmm ..
  • Options
    RITFWinCORITFWinCO Posts: 217
    First, agree this album will come sooner than we think. In age of internet leaks, the longer a finished product lies around, the more potential for leakage. Not saying its done, but if this is true, then sounds like done or near done.

Second, the NME blog was more a generic description then a review of any sort. "Punchy" "raspy" "honeyed" doesn't really provide any opinion. Is punchy a good thing or bad thing? Not bashing the guy as I gather he did on the fly and he said he was still trying to digest. Just saying I couldn't too read much out of it.

Finally in the event it does have a a No Code or Yield feel that would be outstanding.
  • Options
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Gonzo1977 wrote:

Santa Cruz
    Santa Barbara
    Santa Clara
    San Dimas
    San Luis Obispo

It will be great!

Hey now!!!!
    "San Pedro"

New sound. Very Mellow.

and

Should be a hoot
    See you out there.

Hehee, cheers, i got a great kick out of that.

And dont forget the Paddy Casey guest vocals.

1 ) A R E Y O U F U C K I N G K I D D I N G M E ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

2 ) What are you smoking people?????

3) If you are smoking, I want a little...... :twisted:
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    1 ) A R E Y O U F U C K I N G K I D D I N G M E ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

2 ) What are you smoking people?????

3) If you are smoking, I want a little...... :twisted:

1) Yes, i am.

2) Whatever's within reach, mostly.

3) PM sent :D
  • Options
    CorduroyGalCorduroyGal Posts: 41
    I look forward to hearing their new song(s) on Conan, dude!!!
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I have no desire to know about the new album. Part of the joy for me is that first spin. I prefer to make up my own mind.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412

You forgot that there are hardly any Mike leads.

oh wait... :?

There's hardly any Mike leads half their albums.
  • Options
    Black-12Black-12 Posts: 249
    einatshaul wrote:
    Wait, who the hell is this person and why does HE get dibbs??? He doesn't write that well at all!!!

Ya right?
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    I've been a PJ fan for many years, and have seen many album releases, and the snippets we're hearing here, I get the feeling they will drop this album on us. This is the strangest promotion of an album up to date. (Maybe doing nothing is promotion by itself?) And I like it! :D I agree, I think this album will be here sooner than we think... And for me: I'm looking forward to the acoustic song in the middle. I love it when songs are stripped down. (In the same way I like spoken word.) I'm officially excited!!!
  • Options
    Danny2908Danny2908 Posts: 1
    Unless I'm mistaken the new album "The Lowdown" is available for pre-release on Amazon next week in the UK.

Or is this another compilation?

Out on 25th May.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002 ... 091_snp_dp
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    edited May 2009
    Danny2908 wrote:
    Unless I'm mistaken the new album "The Lowdown" is available for pre-release on Amazon next week in the UK.

Out on 25th May.

It's been discussed in a few other threads where consensus is that it is an unauthorized interview disk. It has nothing to do with the new album. **EDIT**
    Post edited by HeavyHands on
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    HeavyHands wrote:
    Danny2908 wrote:

Out on 25th May.

It's been discussed in a few other threads where consensus is that it is an unauthorized interview disk. It has nothing to do with the new album. A dead giveaway is that the picture of PJ on the cover is a promo shot taken around the time Yield was released (If I'm not mistaken, that is. I didn't pay any attention between 2001-2006)

That picture was taken in 2006. (March maybe?)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    TiaMijaTiaMija Posts: 597
    I hope the ballad in the middle is Unthought Known!
  • Options
    justam wrote:

K. Thanks for the clarification. :)
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    HeavyHands wrote:
    justam wrote:

K. Thanks for the clarification. :)

:)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    samnationsamnation Los Angeles, CA Posts: 277
    The reporter added this to his blog today:

http://hearyoume3.blogspot.com/2009/05/ ... in-uk.html
    You know what? Seattle was amazing - I had such an amazing time, met so many amazing people and went so many amazing places. Pearl Jam, and all the people who work with them, were brilliant. The interviews were good, as I posted the other day, the record is my favourite in years (since 'Yield' at least), and they were kind enough to invite us into their warehouse-cum-HQ, where they rehearse, run their fanclub, produce their merchandise, and keep all the stuff they've accumulated over the years (boxes upon boxes of fan letters stretching back decades, the original cut out letters from the 'Ten' sleeve, a collection of surf boards with the bands portraits on them... and I'll save the rest of the details for the forthcoming NME piece!) For a Pearl Jam fan, it's Mecca! That said, I think my favourite part of the entire trip, was when - upon leaving - Jeff Ament (who'd remembered that I'd said I was a big Black Flag fan when I was interview him) came running out of the warehouse - in an orange Venom shirt! - to give me a copy of the new record by Deranged Diction, his old/reformed hardcore band. Nice guy...
    Sam
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    samnation wrote:

You know what? Seattle was amazing - I had such an amazing time, met so many amazing people and went so many amazing places. Pearl Jam, and all the people who work with them, were brilliant. The interviews were good, as I posted the other day, the record is my favourite in years (since 'Yield' at least), and they were kind enough to invite us into their warehouse-cum-HQ, where they rehearse, run their fanclub, produce their merchandise, and keep all the stuff they've accumulated over the years (boxes upon boxes of fan letters stretching back decades, the original cut out letters from the 'Ten' sleeve, a collection of surf boards with the bands portraits on them... and I'll save the rest of the details for the forthcoming NME piece!) For a Pearl Jam fan, it's Mecca! That said, I think my favourite part of the entire trip, was when - upon leaving - Jeff Ament (who'd remembered that I'd said I was a big Black Flag fan when I was interview him) came running out of the warehouse - in an orange Venom shirt! - to give me a copy of the new record by Deranged Diction, his old/reformed hardcore band. Nice guy...

EXCITING!!!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    samnation wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BEST SINCE YIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? Holy f'in shit. Hopefully he has similar feeling about PJ albums as I.
  • Options
    samnation wrote:

...the record is my favourite in years (since 'Yield' at least)...

Can anyone qualify this guy's tastes? Cuz honestly I thought "Pearl Jam" was the bands best album since Yield.
  • Options
    HeavyHands wrote:
    samnation wrote:

Can anyone qualify this guy's tastes? Cuz honestly I thought "Pearl Jam" was the bands best album since Yield.

How could that be? Binaural came out after Yield and it's better than S/T.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    HeavyHands wrote:
    samnation wrote:

Tough to qualify anybodies tastes because we wall have different opinions.

I think Yield is better than anything they've put out since then. Binaural is close behind. Riot Act and S/T are just okay

not to mention he's probbaly only heard it 1-3 times so it's tough to really say
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Whoa..
    Now that's a game changer!!!

Saying that this album is his "Favorite since Yield" makes this excruciating wait for this goddamn album to drop even harder.

I mean, how in the Holy Skateboarding Jesus Christ are we expected to sit around and wait patiently until
    "Sometime In The Late Fall" with this kind of talk being tossed around?

This is borderline cruelty to all of us devoted fiends.

If this album is even half the size of "Yield" I'm surely going to have to commit to the fact that 2010 is going to be and expensive and grueling year of following this goddamn band all over hells half acre.

It's like 1998 all over again.

Shit.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    DewieCox wrote:
    samnation wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

BEST SINCE YIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????? Holy f'in shit. Hopefully he has similar feeling about PJ albums as I.

I wouldn't get too excited. Each of the last 3 albums has had the "hardest rocking since vs" or "best since yield" moniker. And honestly, you could say s/t was their best since Yield... and you could be right... but that doesn't mean it's a particularly great album. I'm always pretty skeptical when I read claims like this. As you acknowledge, it doesn't give much info unless you know the guy's tastes, ie. why didn't he like the last few and why does he like Yield?
  • Options
    The ChampThe Champ Posts: 4,063
    There is a new album on the way? Anyone know when it's gonna drop?
    'I want to hurry home to you
    put on a slow, dumb show for you
    and crack you up
    so you can put a blue ribbon on my brain
    god I'm very, very frightening
    and I'll overdo it'