Options

Was the soldier field Lp ever reprinted?

zappa99zappa99 Posts: 285
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I have been watching this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0306672886

for the past week and I know I already asked a question on the signature. But I have read a couple of posts on the soldier field lp that it was re issued by the maker. Is this true?

This is a huge investment for me so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Wilds I sent your boots out yesterday thanks for your help before, sorry to off the topic.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    zappa99 wrote:
    Wilds I sent your boots out yesterday thanks for your help before, sorry to off the topic.

Thanks! Hope you win it or I'll feel guilty. :mrgreen: :oops: :mrgreen:

P.S. Don't know much about the vinyl.
  • Options
    tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    There used to be two vintage vinyls in the st. louis area. One in the loop and one in Granite City on the Illinois side of STL... The Granite City one closed down about 2 years ago. They had roughly 50+ copies of the vinyl and 50 copies of the cd left over at close. So the other location has been selling them on ebay for a while. Back in the day they had 50 copies of each... I got a copy of the cd for breaking a window at the Granite City playing wiffle ball with the employees. I got my VInyl last year

Rawk!

Hole this helps...
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    Were the ones they were selling 1 of the 500 originally issued? I know making copies vinyl lps is near impossible (especially marbled).
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    I have a question. I looked at this package on ebay and noticed the Epic tickets printed for Tad Gormley. The date on tickets is July 4th 1995. That show was Sept 17th. Did I miss something? I was at that show and it was back in the day when you had to pick your one show from the fan club letter and mail in for tickets. I don't remember a July 4th possibility but it was 14 years ago and I am old and senile now.
  • Options
    I asked the same question , the seller told me that if you had tickets from Epic that they accidentally printed them as the day of the concert as they day you requested them.
  • Options
    zappa99 wrote:
    I asked the same question , the seller told me that if you had tickets from Epic that they accidentally printed them as the day of the concert as they day you requested them.

Ya never know it could be true but that sounds a little odd to me. Why on earth would you ever do that? I am interested to know what the story is here.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    edited May 2009
    The Tad Gormley show was originally scheduled for July 4th and got postponed.. If my memory serves correctly I believe we had to return our tickets and get new ones.. So the ticket in this auction was probably never returned for a reprint or it was dug out from the Tenclub ticketing trash I suppose.. It is also mis-dated on the fanclub single Sonic Reducer with Joey Ramone.. I was at that show and also have the Dogs At Play boot.. Same version.. So somehow they put the wrong date on the single.. Always thought that was strange.. Still have the ticket stub somewhere.. Will try to dig it out and confirm that it has the september date on it..
    Post edited by OceansMagnet on
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    i'm calling that it will be reprinted with the vitalogy reissue.
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    I'm calling for a Vinyl Issue of the New Orleans show.. I believe the band would want to keep the Soldier Field Lp limited.. Since Ed is a vinyl collector.. He appreciates the elusiveness.. Wish I had one.. One day I will find one at a flea market for $20.. One day.. Unless someone has one to trade for a sealed Into The Wild :)
  • Options
    1368 dollars wtf? really?
  • Options
    bhigh901 wrote:
    The Tad Gormley show was originally scheduled for July 4th and got postponed.. If my memory serves correctly I believe we had to return our tickets and get new ones.. So the ticket in this auction was probably never returned for a reprint or it was dug out from the Tenclub ticketing trash I suppose.. It is also mis-dated on the fanclub single Sonic Reducer with Joey Ramone.. I was at that show and also have the Dogs At Play boot.. Same version.. So somehow they put the wrong date on the single.. Always thought that was strange.. Still have the ticket stub somewhere.. Will try to dig it out and confirm that it has the september date on it..

Was it July 4 or July 2 originally? I am just curious because I went too and can't remember how it all went down.