Options

I am in love with Santa Cruz! (Lyrical Spoiler Alert)

edited May 2009 in The Porch
this song is just one of those that makes you feel all warm and sentimental inside. the line about neil young on the stereo...goes wherever i go (something like that) hits so close to home. such a mature song...i'm just a little younger than ed so this journey that we've all been on together for the past 18 years is growing and evolving and i hope we can continue it for some time to come. i like when ed writes these kinds of songs...just accepting and loving life. pj is really heavy sometimes. :D

thanks for the song guys...i can't wait for some more new stuff.

and ed, PLEASE play this on the solo tour.
If nothing is everything, I'll have it all
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cippociappocippociappo Posts: 692
    Santa Cruz is SO GOOD!!!!
    Maybe they have chosen to put this in the Christmas single because of "Santa"?? :P
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • Options
    Santa Cruz is SO GOOD!!!!
    Maybe they have chosen to put this in the Christmas single because of "Santa"?? :P

and a love letter to cali.

santa cruz and golden state. :D
  • Options
    dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    I love this song! Glad I am not the only one..........
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • Options
    Hope for more No Codeish on the new album.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    I just got mine in Phoenix and it was perfect timing since I am off to Santa Cruz tomorrow to visit my father for his B-day. I have played the record 4 times already and I am sure I will jam it a few more times while packing. Hearing these songs make me want to pick up my guitar and jam-n- sing...."Up in the Northwest we got it good....a little soggy but we got it good!"
  • Options
    I just got mine in Phoenix and it was perfect timing since I am off to Santa Cruz tomorrow to visit my father for his B-day. I have played the record 4 times already and I am sure I will jam it a few more times while packing. Hearing these songs make me want to pick up my guitar and jam-n- sing...."Up in the Northwest we got it good....a little soggy but we got it good!"

awesome!

i played it for my dad last night--we've seen neil many times together. i was really surprised that he liked the soggy northwest line better than neil young on the stereo part. he's a pretty cool 64-year-old.
  • Options
    EdVedHedEdVedHed Posts: 100
    my husband and I are leaving Seattle this fall to move to Santa Cruz. when I heard this song, I got goosebumps. it was too appropriate. great lyrics, ed.

:D
    And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.......Nietzsche
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,150
    sounds like it could have been on ITW. this could be the different direction stone alluded to a few months back in RS.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    As someone fortunate to have seen the first two live performances of this song, I can only say I got chills listening to the full band version. So good! Just facinating to see how it changed a bit from 4/5 Santa Cruz to 4/8 Berkeley -- yet alone the changes to the Xmas Single! Can't rightfully recall, but I think he tweaked the lyrics more for the xmas single -- the "familiar route" line I think.

And the "I can see the wide horizon new" or whatever he says there, that shall remain a mystery I guess (wide horizon view?) But hey, wouldn't be an Ed song if we could grok every single word on first pass!

But yeah, I was hoping for the Sean Penn Roast, "Bad Acting Hack...." nice consolation prize though or the Golden State!
    [sic] happens
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    sounds like it could have been on ITW. this could be the different direction stone alluded to a few months back in RS.
    Yeah, I got a ITW feeling out of the songs. Two thumbs up!
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    acutejam wrote:
    As someone fortunate to have seen the first two live performances of this song, I can only say I got chills listening to the full band version. So good! Just facinating to see how it changed a bit from 4/5 Santa Cruz to 4/8 Berkeley -- yet alone the changes to the Xmas Single! Can't rightfully recall, but I think he tweaked the lyrics more for the xmas single -- the "familiar route" line I think.

And the "I can see the wide horizon new" or whatever he says there, that shall remain a mystery I guess (wide horizon view?) But hey, wouldn't be an Ed song if we could grok every single word on first pass!

But yeah, I was hoping for the Sean Penn Roast, "Bad Acting Hack...." nice consolation prize though or the Golden State!

damn! you are lucky! i completely forgot about these performances and i have the berkley show...gotta find it. thanks for the reminder.