Options

Out West Dates

Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Just waiting ever so PATIENTLY for an announcement.

Kinda bouncin like a 2nd grader that has to pee. Could we get a little tweet. I am so tired of logging on and seeing all these happy folks in Europe, Chi-town, Hono-frickin-lulu, Toronto, yada yada yada

COME ON LITTLE BIRDIE!!! DONT BE AFRAID! ;)
"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,013

here you go:

tweety.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    LukinFan wrote:

here you go:

tweety.jpg

Weird. I tried to quote your post when it said "tweet tweet". Came up with a "sorry that post doesn't exist".

Anyway I was wondering if you had any updates/confirmation about those two Santa Barbara dates?
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

here you go:

tweety.jpg

Weird. I tried to quote your post when it said "tweet tweet". Came up with a "sorry that post doesn't exist".

Anyway I was wondering if you had any updates/confirmation about those two Santa Barbara dates?
    haha, yeah, I edited it :mrgreen:

TWO Santa Barara dates??? Haven't heard about them
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    I'm predicting a tweet either late tomorrow or early Friday with an announcement on Monday...
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    tweety.jpg

haha, yeah, I edited it :mrgreen:

TWO Santa Barara dates??? Haven't heard about them

oops.... thought it was from you. Someone on here said he had good authority that they were going to play something like Thursday AND Friday.

That would be sick!
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    drsluggo wrote:
    I'm predicting a tweet either late tomorrow or early Friday with an announcement on Monday...
    yeah, I was thinking a Tweet on Friday and an announcement on Monday as well :mrgreen:
    Wilds wrote:

oops.... thought it was from you. Someone on here said he had good authority that they were going to play something like Thursday AND Friday.

That would be sick!

Nope, wasn't from me- haven't even heard that rumor. When were the rumored dates?
    Post edited by LukinFan on
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    LukinFan wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    yeah, I was thinking a Tweet on Friday and an announcement on Monday as well :mrgreen:
    And as a bonus - unlike me you have a clue what you're talking about 8-)
  • Options
    drsluggo wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:
    drsluggo wrote:
    And as a bonus - unlike me you have a clue what you're talking about 8-)
    haha, not really- just a feeling or guess like you :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,642
    I've been trying to figure out possible scenerio's for the month between San Fran, at the end of August, and Texas at the beginning of Oct.

Even if Texas is the end of the tour, that gives alot of time/possibilities for the dates in between. (10 - 15 shows) Definately enough time to do the whole west coast, maybe even some S. American dates, then come back up to Texas.

Or would they go down the west coast, zig zag back east first and then hit Texas ????

Hmmm.... cant wait for the birdie to tweet!
  • Options
    i am crossing my fingers for Dallas 10/2, ACL 10/4, Houston 10/5, with a possible New Orleans 10/7

:roll:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    URthekey wrote:
    I've been trying to figure out possible scenerio's for the month between San Fran, at the end of August, and Texas at the beginning of Oct.

Even if Texas is the end of the tour, that gives alot of time/possibilities for the dates in between. (10 - 15 shows) Definately enough time to do the whole west coast, maybe even some S. American dates, then come back up to Texas.

Or would they go down the west coast, zig zag back east first and then hit Texas ????

here's some possibilities...

they could continue after outside lands and proceed down the west coast and across the southwest ending at acl
    or
    they could take the first couple weeks off of sept, then start a tour say in atlanta, new orleans maybe and play across the southwest (including acl) and the west coast (including bridge) and end in seattle on halloween

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    URthekey wrote:

here's some possibilities...

they could continue after outside lands and proceed down the west coast and across the southwest ending at acl
    or
    they could take the first couple weeks off of sept, then start a tour say in atlanta, new orleans maybe and play across the southwest (including acl) and the west coast (including bridge) and end in seattle on halloween

I like your option 2 much better- with Atlanta and New Orleans included, but I don't see it happening. Well, maybe NO, but I don't see them making it all the way over to Atlanta- maybe in 2010. I do see them doing the West Coast thing after ACL- surrounding Bridge.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    i am crossing my fingers for Dallas 10/2, ACL 10/4, Houston 10/5, with a possible New Orleans 10/7

:roll:
    I'd LOVE for your prediction to come true!! I've always wanted to see them in NO
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Red Rocks - Denver/Morrison, CO --- Sept/October in a driving snowstorm. Please.
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I like your option 2 much better- with Atlanta and New Orleans included, but I don't see it happening. Well, maybe NO, but I don't see them making it all the way over to Atlanta- maybe in 2010. I do see them doing the West Coast thing after ACL- surrounding Bridge.

well i was trying to throw the south a bone....i hope they do get there soon :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Here was the post from the Outside Lands Festival thread that speculated about Santa Barbara. Sounds very vague and not very grounded. :cry:
    norm wrote:
    super psyched for this, but it would be nice if we could find out the dates for all of PJ's shows this year. i've heard rumors around town that they will be playing the santa barbara bowl one, maybe two nights in early fall and i'd hate to drop a lot of money on OLF tickets, gas, hotel, etc. if they are going to be at the SB bowl the following week.

not complaining, just saying it would be nice :)

i'm with ya....olf sounds like a lot of fun but i'd rather wait and see what pj only show there are going to be...and if they're at the bowl?!?!? GAME ON!!! :D

friend of a friend said pj at the sb bowl thursday and friday night, then ben harper on saturday and someone else (similar like jack johnson maybe? on sunday). pre-party at my place!
  • Options
    So how about it sweet adeline?

Any updates about Santa Barbara?

:mrgreen: :?: :mrgreen:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

well i was trying to throw the south a bone....i hope they do get there soon :mrgreen:

thanks, bro
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    Wilds wrote:

IF we get 2 SB dates, I'll fall over. that would be so awesome :D
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,445
    Wilds wrote:

If they do 2 days in SB, I wonder if they'd be skipping L.A.?

Either way, 2 SB shows would be great!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    *fingers crossed* for a TWEET TWEET on Friday! :)
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Bump for Friday Tweet! :mrgreen:

Keep the speculation alive. Anyone got West Coast Rumors? :o
  • Options
    :ugeek:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Wilds wrote:

If they do 2 days in SB, I wonder if they'd be skipping L.A.?

Either way, 2 SB shows would be great!

I don't know how they could completely skip LA...I'll take anything though :-)
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    sweet adelinesweet adeline Posts: 2,211
    well i have heard from two separate people (that don't know each other) who both know people that sit on the sb bowl board that pearl jam will be there in "early fall". one of them said it would be a 2 night stop. ben harper usually does two nights in santa barbara when he comes here, so pj playing two shows doesn't sound too far fetched.
  • Options
    well i have heard from two separate people (that don't know each other) who both know people that sit on the sb bowl board that pearl jam will be there in "early fall". one of them said it would be a 2 night stop. ben harper usually does two nights in santa barbara when he comes here, so pj playing two shows doesn't sound too far fetched.

that makes me happy as a little girl

dieter5.jpg
  • Options
    norm wrote:

that makes me happy as a little girl

dieter5.jpg

after its officially announced you can say:

now is the time on sprockets vhen vee dance!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,852
    Don't you have to live in Santa Barbara to get tickets to the shows at the SB Bowl? I remember last tour there was a stipulation about that. Maybe it was dropped since July of 06. Info? How does Santa Barbara Bowl compare to the Gorge?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:
    Don't you have to live in Santa Barbara to get tickets to the shows at the SB Bowl? I remember last tour there was a stipulation about that. Maybe it was dropped since July of 06. Info? How does Santa Barbara Bowl compare to the Gorge?

i think maybe when you bought tickets through ticketmaster you had to show proof that you lived in the area. can't remember for sure though.

well according to ed the sb bowl feels like "a mini gorge". i'm not really sure why he thinks that, but that is what he said prior to the 2006 show.

www.sbbowl.com

its only seats about 4,600. views of the ocean, natural ampitheater setting.
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    evenflow82 wrote:

i think maybe when you bought tickets through ticketmaster you had to show proof that you lived in the area. can't remember for sure though.

well according to ed the sb bowl feels like "a mini gorge". i'm not really sure why he thinks that, but that is what he said prior to the 2006 show.

http://www.sbbowl.com

its only seats about 4,600. views of the ocean, natural ampitheater setting.

Thanks for the update Sweet Adeline.

Love this rumor and it sounds pretty legit.

yeah. Not too hard to sell out two nights with only 5K or so seats.

I'll be up for sure.

Caught the last two and they were Amazing shows.

:mrgreen: TOTD :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Wilds on