Options

Gorge Show or Shows in Late July?

LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I have been told to expect an announcement about a gorge
show or shows to take place sometime in july (probably late july).
Yes,this will be before the european shows! Not after the outside
lands festival and before the acl festival when you think it would take
place,since there is over a full month of open dates available.
I have no link for anyone to check info on.
This is just one of those "someone who knows someone in missoula
that knows Jeff" posts.

So i'm running with it,with the possibility that i could
end up with egg on my face and look like a complete heel.
But if i'm right,come back to this post and give me a big thank
you for getting this info out to you guys on May 12th!!!
Hopefully i am right on this one. :)
Its not exactly groundbreaking news,as we know they are
probably playing west coast shows. But it hopefully gets people
excited and turns out to be true.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Gorge in late july? that'd be sweet!

Hope its true.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,087
    Gorge is cool & all, but there are other great places in the beautiful state of Washington to host a Pearl Jam show.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    demetrios wrote:
    Gorge is cool & all, but there are other great places in the beautiful state of Washington to host a Pearl Jam show.

You are probably right big D :)
    Its a long drive from sea-tac.
    Key Arena must not be an option,huh?
    They can make more dead presidents by being
    able to sell more tickets to the gorge than key
    arena. Plus they like the beautiful gorge scenery.
    Am i close tim (rubysdad)?
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I think I remember reading in an article that the band doesn't like playing at the Key Arena.
  • Options
    EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I think I remember reading in an article that the band doesn't like playing at the Key Arena.

From what I understand Key Arena is owned by a group who oppose Gay marriage.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    My birthday is at the end of July, how sweet would that be?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    Huh..... :geek:
  • Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Hes right. All but confirmed... :D:D:D
  • Options

source?
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    edited May 2009
    Worst news I've heard all year... I can't do late July.
    Post edited by SolarWorld on
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    Looking at the Gorge schedule only the 31st is open in late July. Every weekend before then besides the 4th is booked (unless they decide to play only one night). Looking in August the only weekends open are the 1st - 2nd and the 22nd - 23rd. Outside lands is the last weekend in August. If they really are going to play the Gorge it would make the most sense to me to play in August on the 22nd and 23rd.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    SolarWorld wrote:
    Looking at the Gorge schedule only the 31st is open in late July. Every weekend before then besides the 4th is booked (unless they decide to play only one night). Looking in August the only weekends open are the 1st - 2nd and the 22nd - 23rd. Outside lands is the last weekend in August. If they really are going to play the Gorge it would make the most sense to me to play in August on the 22nd and 23rd.
    This would make a lot of sense since they already play in Toronto and Chicago on this weekend. :roll:
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    if this was going to happen, wouldn't they have to announce it soon?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089

source?
    Seriously ... do you have a source?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    LukinFan wrote:
    if this was going to happen, wouldn't they have to announce it soon?

I would think they would have made an announcement already if this was in August.
    Gorge in late July sounds like hell! LOL HOLY CRAP! on 2006 I thought I was going to melt at the show :lol:

I do think that they will play WA in the fall though, whether it's the Gorge I don't know (would be nice) but for sure they are playing WA, THEY HAVE TO! :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

source?
    Seriously ... do you have a source?
    I think with the smiley faces afterwards he's saying that "it's but confirmed" - like all future shows are "all but confirmed". Am I right, Doug? Or do you know something?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Late July would mean warm up shows, so it is not entirely out of the question to make an announcement in late May even ... if I remember correctly, the 05 Gorge show was announced after the Canadian tour shows were announced, wasn't it?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Interesting...if this is true we should be getting a "tweet" very soon.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    SolarWorld wrote:
    I am curious, Why would it have to be a weekend? Does the park only allow concerts Friday though Sunday?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Late July would mean warm up shows, so it is not entirely out of the question to make an announcement in late May even ... if I remember correctly, the 05 Gorge show was announced after the Canadian tour shows were announced, wasn't it?

Good point. Still dont think they'll do Gorge on Jule though :P
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    My birthday is at the end of July, how sweet would that be?

My wife turns 40 on the 30th and we are going to Vegas the weekend of 30th-Aug 2nd...My luck the show will be that weekend!!
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    SolarWorld wrote:
    I am curious, Why would it have to be a weekend? Does the park only allow concerts Friday though Sunday?

No rule....Just seems as though the Gorge USUALLY does shows fri sat sun. There have been other lesser name folks that play on other days, but for the bigger, it seems to be the norm. Seems to me I have seen some on other days, but now that I am put on the spot, I'll be damned if I can remember!! lol
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Interesting...if this is true we should be getting a "tweet" very soon.
    even if this is not true, I think we're gonna get a Tweet soon :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    The Gorge is so damned hard to get to for anybody flying in. I think that's why they do the weekends for large shows like PJ. Driving from Seattle requires taking two days off of work in order to get there early, stay overnite and drive back the next day (tired and slightly hungover). But IMHO, it's THE BEST place. Not just because of the scenery, but because of the acoustics. No walls or roof to fuck up the sound. God I wish this would happen......
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    I want to go out west and see a show or 2 at the Gorge, but I want to see the whole west coast schedule before I get tickets. July may be too early for me to be able to get out west.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    July may end up being too early for me too, but I would do my best to get out there, even if it's just for The Gorge. It's well worth the trip! It's sooooooo different from any other concert experience - especially for fans from the East Coast. The only "outdoor" venues on the East Coast are the few amphitheaters that exist here and there and The Gorge is way better. I've never been to Red Rocks but I hear it's awesome as well.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    SolarWorld wrote:

The Gorge is a 2.5 hour drive from Seattle in the West and Spokane in the East, in the middle or no where, so it's not too convenient to have a show mid week since most couldn't just get off work and drive out there and then drive home, so they usually only do it on the weekends so the fans can actually get to the show and back.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    So, I have had time to think about this and yeah, if this becomes a reality I will be really excited....but a little nervous too as this is a very money tight year and not sure if I can find enough people to go and camp and whatnot. Also, not sure how I will afford it - but where there's a will there's a way. So, I would be a trooper and head out for another PJ/Gorge excursion. Though I would have to scrape and save, and find a dog sitter for that time as I do not think i can work it out to bring my black lab along - especially if everyone who goes is also going to the show, Gravy will have to stay back. Plus, we always like to go rafting when we are over there and I do not think it would be a good idea to take her in an inflatable raft.....at all. So that will be that.

Having said that....I still am truly hoping for a couple actual Seattle or Puget Sound area shows this time around. Much cheaper, no dog sitter required, and can sleep in my own bed at night for no extra charge.
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    aNiMaL wrote:
    So, I have had time to think about this and yeah, if this becomes a reality I will be really excited....but a little nervous too as this is a very money tight year and not sure if I can find enough people to go and camp and whatnot. Also, not sure how I will afford it - but where there's a will there's a way. So, I would be a trooper and head out for another PJ/Gorge excursion. Though I would have to scrape and save, and find a dog sitter for that time as I do not think i can work it out to bring my black lab along - especially if everyone who goes is also going to the show, Gravy will have to stay back. Plus, we always like to go rafting when we are over there and I do not think it would be a good idea to take her in an inflatable raft.....at all. So that will be that.

Having said that....I still am truly hoping for a couple actual Seattle or Puget Sound area shows this time around. Much cheaper, no dog sitter required, and can sleep in my own bed at night for no extra charge.
    Yea, my problem is that if I go, im sure I would be by myself. I would have to meet some people to hang out with. Id be nervous going all the way out there by myself.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    aNiMaL wrote:

Yea, my problem is that if I go, im sure I would be by myself. I would have to meet some people to hang out with. Id be nervous going all the way out there by myself.

Nah, you could sell your second ticket to someone in 10C and meet them out there. That's what I did and I had a blast. It's always fun to go to new places by yourself and experience things without the benefit of your pals. Besides, you'll make new friends once you get there. ;)
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau