Options

Just Met Mike McCready In San Diego

nocodeboynocodeboy San Diego Posts: 11
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I just met Mike McCready with his wife and daughter. They were walking along the beach on vacation. We talked for about 5 min and he said keep your ears open for some shows in April. They were so cool and showed me their kid in the stroller.
Here's the pic http://www.flickr.com/photos/23721118@N06/
I knew all the rules...but the rules did not know me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    I saw him to, we built a sand castle together, then he told me that they are only playing for rednecks this year
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    AmentsChickAmentsChick Posts: 6,969
    nocodeboy wrote:
    I just met Mike McCready with his wife and daughter. They were walking along the beach on vacation. We talked for about 5 min and he said keep your ears open for some shows in April. They were so cool and showed me their kid in the stroller.

Wow...the guys are sure making their rounds through the Pit lately! Hope he's enjoying our 80 degree weather.
    This is the greatest band in the world -- Ben Harper

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    shut up!!!

common, where are they all coming up with this stuff??
  • Options
    BrezBrez Posts: 570
    This plus the post from the guy who met Matt gets me excited.
    And before his first step... He's off again...
  • Options
    nocodeboy wrote:

did he give any hints to where? any pics?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Everybody seems to be "meeting" a band member lately. ;)
    Brian
  • Options
    covered in blisscovered in bliss chi-caw-go Posts: 1,327
    I didn't want to bother him but I -did- see him writing things in the sand with a piece of wriftwood...ROOOOO was one of them and some other dates and stuff. A big wave washed it all away before I could get a good look. :/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    nocodeboy wrote:
    That's awesome dude!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    nocodeboy wrote:

that kid has NO IDEA what SPECTACULAR kind of man it has for a father!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    that kid has NO IDEA what SPECTACULAR kind of man it has for a father!

:)
    She will
  • Options
    TheGossman wrote:
    I saw him to, we built a sand castle together, then he told me that they are only playing for rednecks this year
    That's very offensive. I live in the south. And, I am not a redneck!
    I wish I were the verb "to trust" and never let you down
  • Options
    nocodeboynocodeboy San Diego Posts: 11
    did he give any hints to where? any pics?
    He just said that he wasn't really suppose to say anything but in April for sure. His wife took a picture with my camera phone, but I have to figure how to uploaded on computer. I just kept saying sorry for asking so many questions, but they were so cool about it. It almost seemed that he was surprised that he was noticed.
    I knew all the rules...but the rules did not know me
  • Options
    Can't be!

I think no one told Mike yet what he's going to be doing and when... :)

Was the baby playing a tiny guitar?
  • Options
    nocodeboy wrote:
    He just said that he wasn't really suppose to say anything but in April for sure. His wife took a picture with my camera phone, but I have to figure how to uploaded on computer. I just kept saying sorry for asking so many questions, but they were so cool about it. It almost seemed that he was surprised that he was noticed.

ohh maaan ... i hope this is true! and i reaaaallly hope its somewhere in the new england states... connecticut, new york, mass, new jersey, rhode island....i'm there.. theres been so many rumors they'll be playin there .. they all say sumer though. i think we may get some in april and more in summer! did you happen to ask about a new album in the works? i'm gonna ask you as many questions as you asked him hahah ;)
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    vital5vital5 Posts: 5,486
    einatshaul wrote:
    shut up!!!

common, where are they all coming up with this stuff??
    They are pulling it out of their arses :eek: :p
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    BeerBaron wrote:
    April seems odd to me ... seems to contradict everything else that has been said.

That said, if April is true we could be in for much more shows than we thought this year. It's a pretty safe bet that there will be shows in June, July and September already.

I don't doubt the OP, but BeerBaron makes a solid point there.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    einatshaul wrote:
    :)
    She will
    i hope so! :D

on another note......april=the "Master McCready" showboxxx shows doesnt it? the one i miss EVERY year.......*sigh*

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    i hope so! :D

on another note......april=the "Master McCready" showboxxx shows doesnt it? the one i miss EVERY year.......*sigh*

It's in March 3rd this year! You might make it :)
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    April seems odd to me ... seems to contradict everything else that has been said.

That said, if April is true we could be in for much more shows than we thought this year. It's a pretty safe bet that there will be shows in June, July and September already.

Could be random benefits...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:

as i understood it, i assume we will hear the news about the shows in april, not the actual shows being in april.
    me you wouldn't recall, cause i'm not my former.
  • Options
    gtowngtown Posts: 5
    That's very offensive. I live in the south. And, I am not a redneck!

Then you're not invited...rednecks only!
  • Options
    nocodeboy wrote:
    Wait - Shows in April? Or announcement in April??
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i love how the band leaks stuff to build hype via fake posters with under 10 posts...

masterframer is legit all the way...

but i find it funny all of these peeps with 8 posts saying they ran into a band member and they mention new show rumors every time...

they are doing a good job getting the buzz going this way...
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Those shows are for the "elite club" don't you know? :-P
    of COURSE i know. Me and The Master are homies. :D

• Options
    shows in april..??? nice news...you are lucky!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my2hands wrote:
    i love how the band leaks stuff to build hype via fake posters with under 10 posts...

masterframer is legit all the way...

but i find it funny all of these peeps with 8 posts saying they ran into a band member and they mention new show rumors every time...

they are doing a good job getting the buzz going this way...
    i've read lots of masterframers posts along the way here, and he seems like a cool amigo. i would back him as being legit.

the people with small amounts of posts who are coming up with 'rumors' could actually be people who have lurked here for ages and never posted, but now they feel they have something they would like to contribute. (hopefully ;))
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    Pj_Gurl wrote:
    i've read lots of masterframers posts along the way here, and he seems like a cool amigo. i would back him as being legit.

the people with small amounts of posts who are coming up with 'rumors' could actually be people who have lurked here for ages and never posted, but now they feel they have something they would like to contribute. (hopefully ;))

Plausible point. Thanks for risking discovery at the rebel base on the ice-world Hoth.

A grateful republic salutes you. ;)

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    rhinomagic wrote:
    Plausible point. Thanks for risking discovery at the rebel base on the ice-world Hoth.

A grateful republic salutes you. ;)

Wampa's for dinner? ;)
    ughh gross :)
  • Options
    nocodeboy wrote:
    Sooooo cool! :):):)
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    nocodeboy wrote:

Nice work on posting the pic. Now we have two credible threads on future shows. It will be a good 08' I think. :)
    NERDS!