Options

Confused Cold Case

shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,178
edited May 2009 in The Porch
I'm I the only one that is totally f-ing confused on the ending of Cold Case?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    edited May 2009
    Nope. My husband and I are TOTALLY confused, the ending made no sense, I love that show always watched it but this season finale episode was weird.
    Post edited by Mrs.Vedder78 on
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    They are trying to hook the pEaRl jAm fans because they know we are loyal......Bastards.
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    HATED HATED HATED the use of Release. They could have fit it in in so many other places where it would have rang true but what they did just plain sucked.
  • Options
    It did have some solid song placement though. I thought Corduroy was a good opener. Black was solid at the end even though I was completely f-ing confused.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    It did have some solid song placement though. I thought Corduroy was a good opener. Black was solid at the end even though I was completely f-ing confused.

Agreed Corduroy was awesome. I thought release wuld have fit better at the end.
  • Options
    Gremmie03Gremmie03 Posts: 502
    dammit

missed both shows

is it worth watching?
    Demented and sad, but social
    Wrigley Earthcam/Hartford 2013
  • Options
    JP262724JP262724 Posts: 9
    LOL i thought it was just me,, then i was like who gives a shit. I only watched it to see how they would insert and what songs they would use.
    Episode 1
    corduroy
    come back
    who u are
    why go
    rearview mirror
    in hiding
    indifference
    yellow ledbetter

Episode 2
    once
    alive
    man of the hour
    nothingman
    given to fly
    release
    immortality
    black
  • Options
    WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
    5882300 wrote:
    HATED HATED HATED the use of Release. They could have fit it in in so many other places where it would have rang true but what they did just plain sucked.

I completely agree! I thought all of the other songs were placed pretty well though, even Black
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    Gremmie03 wrote:
    dammit

missed both shows

is it worth watching?

Six to one half dozen to the other. Anytime you hear PJ pop up it's cool but in this situation not so sure I really liked it. If I didn't see it though I would of course watch it.
  • Options
    InMyTree33InMyTree33 Posts: 125
    I was also confused with the ending.
    9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/3/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 8/23/09 EV-6//11/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09

It's an inside job today
  • Options
    Has anyone seen Scrubs? J.D. sometimes (hehe) dreams entire episodes. Tonight she never got out of her car. She had read all the paper work last episode. While she was submerged she was playing out the investigation in her head. I didn't realize it was a dream until the end.

Looking back we were given clues. 1st- After leaving the doctor, she left and got dressed reallly fast. 2nd- The doctor never notified anyone that she didn't have any tests run. 3rd- She was starting to hallucinate at times (lack of oxygen). 4th- She saw water dripping several times throughout the episode (still in water). 5th- She saw bits of her life flash before her eyes.

At the very end, scuba divers got her out of the water. She was clutching the letter that her father had given her (I don't know when). The other detectives figured out what she already did in her dream. Lawrence attacked Kate in the shower, Ryan hit and accidentally killed her, and Moe had Ryan get a footlocker so that he (Moe) could dump her body. The detectives figured this out by finding the car that ran Lilly off the road.
    PJ: 07-16-06 ; 08-28-09 ; 10-23-10 ; 11-26-13
    EV: 04-08-08 ; 07-05-11
    Mike: 07-07-11 ; 05-20-12
    Soundgarden: 07-21-11

10C #271XXX
    Since 2002
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    dirtyfrank pretty much explained it to a T.

it was pretty fucking stupid, IMO.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    mookie_in_eugenemookie_in_eugene Posts: 1,090
    just finished on the west coast. Nice to see PJ used but I'm very ehh about the use of the PJ songs. The sound of the songs were fine in their placement, but since I know the meaning of the song, the placements seemed a little odd. For instance, Once playing while the woman is escaping the car is not right. The song's about a serial killer and sure this was an attempted murder, but it shouldn't be played during an escape from a car.

In the end, it was cool to hear PJ songs during the show.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    i pretty much got what happened, but it still seemed like a pretty hokey way to end the show.

which baldwin brother was that, btw? he looked and sounded way too much like alec, so i couldnt' even take him seriously.
  • Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    i pretty much got what happened, but it still seemed like a pretty hokey way to end the show.

which baldwin brother was that, btw? he looked and sounded way too much like alec, so i couldnt' even take him seriously.

Danny B I believe. I agree you regarding being distracted due to the Baldwin brother. Half the time I was thinking about 30 Rock.
  • Options
    jammergirljammergirl Posts: 598
    jammergirl wrote:

Danny B I believe. I agree you regarding being distracted due to the Baldwin brother. Half the time I was thinking about 30 Rock.

I know! i kept thinking of him as jack donaghy and started giggling whenever he talked. that was my first and last time watching that show, it was just so cheesy and the acting was painful in some parts. plus their portrayal of military people was just goofy. it was cool hearing some pearl jam though!
  • Options
    jammergirl wrote:
    jammergirl wrote:

I know! i kept thinking of him as jack donaghy and started giggling whenever he talked. that was my first and last time watching that show, it was just so cheesy and the acting was painful in some parts. plus their portrayal of military people was just goofy. it was cool hearing some pearl jam though!

I agree with you regarding the quality of the show. When I've watched the show in the past, it was much better. It's too bad that the story/script wasn't better especially because of the use of PJ. :(
  • Options
    At the very end, scuba divers got her out of the water.

Yeah but how the F did the divers get to her that fast. Were they looking for Hoffa then splash a car goes over bridge? Also, I am getting tired of these dreams sequences in movies and shows as of late. It's seems it’s the new thing to do. To me it's an easy way out of writing a script. It's like, they will sit you down for two hours then at the last two minutes if the movie/show they say what we just showed you was bullshit. She was sleeping the whole time and dreamed it.

Thought Alive was the best song used for a scene.
  • Options
    DesignVHLDesignVHL Posts: 297
    shadowcast wrote:

I am getting tired of these dreams sequences in movies and shows as of late. It's seems it’s the new thing to do. To me it's an easy way out of writing a script.

I am too - it's become WAY too cliche' and predictable....it definitely does feel like writer's are getting lazier and lazier these days.
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    Danny B I believe. I agree you regarding being distracted due to the Baldwin brother. Half the time I was thinking about 30 Rock.[/quote]

I know! i kept thinking of him as jack donaghy and started giggling whenever he talked. that was my first and last time watching that show, it was just so cheesy and the acting was painful in some parts. plus their portrayal of military people was just goofy. it was cool hearing some pearl jam though![/quote]

I wasn't alec baldwin (the one on 30 rock) it was Billy Baldwin, I think :-)
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    It's definitely Danny B. My fiancee thought it was Stephen B. though for the first part of the show...but I kept arguing with him that it was not him....so we looked it up on the DTV info listing, and it was Danny B. Definitely not Billy either! :P
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    shadowcast wrote:

Yeah but how the F did the divers get to her that fast. Were they looking for Hoffa then splash a car goes over bridge? Also, I am getting tired of these dreams sequences in movies and shows as of late. It's seems it’s the new thing to do. To me it's an easy way out of writing a script. It's like, they will sit you down for two hours then at the last two minutes if the movie/show they say what we just showed you was bullshit. She was sleeping the whole time and dreamed it.

Thought Alive was the best song used for a scene.

Let's see..... assuming she held her breath for three minutes, then was unconscious for three minutes...... the scuba divers had about six minutes to get there, get their gear on, locate the vehicle, and pull her out. Yeah right.

I always thought that show was so goofy. I liked the first few episodes, then I realized that EVERY SHOW was going to end with the detectives interviewing the people involved, and with some prodding they all tell the truth and the guilty one confesses. They never go to trial or have to solve a mystery. They just interrogate people and solve a crime that couldn't be solved years earlier with the same techniques.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    dirtyfrank pretty much explained it to a T.

it was pretty fucking stupid, IMO.

Agreed
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    DesignVHL wrote:
    It's definitely Danny B. My fiancee thought it was Stephen B. though for the first part of the show...but I kept arguing with him that it was not him....so we looked it up on the DTV info listing, and it was Danny B. Definitely not Billy either! :P

Yup you're right, couldn't remember the other baldwins name!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    I know right! There's just too many of them to keep track of! :D
    | valerie |

EXPAND YOUR ELEMENT!
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Long Road was very cool and well placed in scrubs but I didn't understand why or how PJ songs were even used in this episode. I hate this show and now even more. What a waste of an hour last night.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    eyecanwalkeyecanwalk Posts: 707
    regardless of what you all think the band must have liked it or it would have never happened?

whats next bitch about rock band
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,032
    haven't even yet watched last night's episode! :shock:
    was having such an amazing night celebrating the bruins win! :D
  • Options
    nthngsms2flynthngsms2fly Posts: 121
    This seems very timely with the rerelease of Ten. A very odd product placement indeed; just wish it would have been in a better show.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    JP262724 wrote:
    LOL i thought it was just me,, then i was like who gives a shit. I only watched it to see how they would insert and what songs they would use.
    Episode 1
    corduroy - Vitalogy
    come back - Pearl Jam
    who u are - No Code
    why go - Ten
    rearview mirror - Vs.
    in hiding - Yield
    indifference - Vs.
    yellow ledbetter - B Side/Lost Dogs

Episode 2
    once - Ten
    alive - Ten
    man of the hour - other
    nothingman - Vitalogy
    given to fly - Yield
    release - Ten
    immortality - Vitalogy
    black - Ten

The commercials to both of these episodes made it seem as if most of the songs were to have been from Ten. Only 5 out of 16 were. Even so, it was cool to finally hear Pearl Jam in actual episodes of a drama series.

Ten - 5
    Vs. - 2
    Vitalogy - 3
    No Code - 1
    Yield - 2
    Binaural - 0
    Riot Act - 0
    Pearl Jam - 1
    Lost Dogs - 1
    Other - 1

Well, I guess according to the tally I made, Ten did get the majority, so I shouldn't complain.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09