Options

~the "LIVE" thread!!!!!!~

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    StinkfootStinkfoot Posts: 546
    I really love it when you get the early boots with such good sound quality (compared to say New Yoik NY Eve show for example which is a great show but the sound is....meh).

Great Oceans by the way :)
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    Damn it. I got pulled away from my desk and missed Mike's solo in E.Flow....I'll have to go back to that one. I'm loving the echo on Eddie though :p
    "I get into a state of consciousness that I can't explain. It is about feeling and not thinking. I get positive chills and insight into things that I can't get to any other way. It is Healing of the Soul." - Mike McCready
  • Options
    All I can think whilst listening to this SOLAT is....How much I would have loved to BE IN THAT CROWD!! The whole band is going crazy!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    All the little improvs in this gig are just sheer class...

Love you hate you.........Fugazi (Suggestion)....James Taylor (Shower the People)....Pretenders (including the "Peaceful times have come and gone...it's time to fuckin' kill someone" lyric change :p)

...and the way that the rest of the band just wraps itself around whatever direction Ed chooses to go in....pure genius I say. GENIUS!!!!
  • Options
    ...and the sheer joy when the crowd hears the intro to Alive....not like now, where the cheers are of recognition of a classic, but the cheers of hearing what was still a relatively new song at the time and a classic in the MAKING!

Quality solo as well Mike!

....and the little intro to Once...with that scream at the beginning. THAT SCREEEAAAMMM. I don't think I've ever heard him start it so....aggressively.
  • Options
    "Our governments, our parents, our teachers our friends....they all put leashes on us....drop the leash drop the leash..."

You don't need any more for an intro than that!

without doubt, this is the best live version of Leash I've ever heard. I remember a friend of mine got this boot many many years ago (it must have been around 94 because I remember around the same time as she got this was when Cobain died because she had tickets for the show in the UK Nirvana were meant to be doing - I wonder if she kept them tickets? I'll have to ask) and I used to just listen to this song over and over and over and over.....
  • Options
    Now THIS is an amazing Porch!

I like it when Mike kicks into some Jimi on Porch...
  • Options
    A little mention for Dave A as well. He's going NUTS!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    How fitting that in Garden Ed sings:

"I just question....President George Bush"

..and he's still singing the same thing 16 years later. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The slow build into RITFW works so well....
  • Options
    All in all, a show which fully justifies it's place as 'one of the classics'.

I just love this show, maybe more so than Den Haag? It was a blast listening to it again....hopefully next time they'll be a few more of you joining in the fun :p

Peace and Pearl Jam. The only two things this world really needs.

:cool:
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Having a nice little conversation with yourself there, Stinkfoot? :p
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    JboogieJboogie Posts: 34
    I was revisting the Dave era yesterday,the 2 shows from Italy 1993 & he was putting a killing on those drums.
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    Damn it. I got pulled away from my desk and missed Mike's solo in E.Flow....I'll have to go back to that one. I'm loving the echo on Eddie though :p

WHAT??!! u cant miss The FLOW solo!!!! you KNOW THIS!!!!! :D
    And i have not heard this show yet! i need to!!!! Right now im listeing to The Master tear sh*t up in West Palm!!!!! *rocks out*
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    Stinkfoot wrote:
    All in all, a show which fully justifies it's place as 'one of the classics'.

I just love this show, maybe more so than Den Haag? It was a blast listening to it again....hopefully next time they'll be a few more of you joining in the fun :p

Peace and Pearl Jam. The only two things this world really needs.

:cool:

oh and here *runs and hugs* good seeing you in here big bro!!! :)
    I'll be here nexxxt time!!!!
    p.s.....how do you feel about cameron drum soloing during the FLOW?! *I* dont dig it......

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    Murderers wrote:
    Having a nice little conversation with yourself there, Stinkfoot? :p

yes because thats what we used to do in the old thread. If nobody was here, we STILL rocked the shows to represent & discussed it later. :) Besides, its a LIVE thread, people read the posts!!! :D

* i dig when Ed changes lyrics to EVENFLOW and says 'summers on its way' :D

• Options
    Jboogie wrote:
    I was revisting the Dave era yesterday,the 2 shows from Italy 1993 & he was putting a killing on those drums.

The Dave era indeed was a great one!!!!

• Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    SENROCK! wrote:
    yes because thats what we used to do in the old thread. If nobody was here, we STILL rocked the shows to represent & discussed it later. :) Besides, its a LIVE thread, people read the posts!!! :D

* i dig when Ed changes lyrics to EVENFLOW and says 'summers on its way' :D
    Ahh cool. :D:p
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Pittsburgh 2003!!!!

• Options
    JboogieJboogie Posts: 34
    Porto Alegre,Brazil (Nov. 28,2005)(Matt's Bday)

Got this show going on my Ipod this morning & the version of Alive on here is crazy,love how Mike goes into a riff from Black Sabbath's War Pigs during his solo.
  • Options
    msg 1 08

up to why go. love this song early in the set

and yea that brazil show is crazy. love that boot alot
    PLAY THE GORGE IN 08 YOU PUSSIES

On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spent apart alone
    I need to get back home
    To cool cool rain

LONG LIVE THE WHO! BE DEAD OR ALIVE

i'll ride the wave where it take me, i'll hold the pain release meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  • Options
    Jboogie wrote:
    Porto Alegre,Brazil (Nov. 28,2005)(Matt's Bday)

Got this show going on my Ipod this morning & the version of Alive on here is crazy,love how Mike goes into a riff from Black Sabbath's War Pigs during his solo.

THAT is a great show!!!! I remember being able to watch the one 2 days prior LIVE online. It was me best birthday gift!!!! :D

The PORCH from pittsburgh 03 is freakin ILLEGAL its so good!!!!!!

Right now-"Alpine Valley" 2003.

• Options
    1/2 full

love the bush line and the solo is just awesome
    PLAY THE GORGE IN 08 YOU PUSSIES

On the dry and dusty road
    The nights we spent apart alone
    I need to get back home
    To cool cool rain

LONG LIVE THE WHO! BE DEAD OR ALIVE

i'll ride the wave where it take me, i'll hold the pain release meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee