Options

What Kind Of Fan Are YOU? The New System Is GREAT

McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
edited May 2009 in The Porch
So here's the deal as I see it.
1) selling tickets at a specific moment in time with tens of thousands of people all clicking at the same second really sucks.
2) The lottery was OK but a lot of people got shut out (me included - had to go ticketmaster for EV Albany)

The new method for getting tickets is great
1) when sping hits, if you are a rabid fan, ckeck the PJ site twice a day.
2) don't rely on emails from the ten club.
2) when shows are being announced, check even more.
3) if you are a rabid fan you will find the shows when they are posted and buy them
4) make travel plans later
5) if this doesn't fit your lifestyle and work/ family obligations/ geographical location / too freakin' bad for you.
6) If you really want something bad enough, you can usually make it happen.
7) It is not up to the band to design a ticket distribution system that fits your personal situation.
8) I like what someone else said on this board - my seat preference is "in the building"
9) My geographical preference is "on the continent"
10) If no fan club seats are available, find out when the local presale is, then try the public on sale, then try the PJ message board, then buy tickets for $250 each on ebay if you must.
11) stop complaining

TIP
1) put a piggy bank aside now and start saving for next years tour so you will have money for flights, tickets, flight cancellations, etc. Tweet Tweet - when the next album comes out there will be a big beautiful worldwide tour! Start divorce preceedings now if you have to! Fix up that old Datsun! Arrange a babysitter on call! What kind of fan are you? Just make it happen and enjoy the ride. FROM NOW ON - CHECK WEB SITE DAILY and STFU
PEACE

Always Remember that you are seeing the best band in all of history live and even to have that opportunity ONCE in your LIFE is beyond description.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    this is FREAKIN PERFECT...i have been thinking of posting the same thing....just didnt know how to say it in the "correct" manner...MEANING people are going to say "STOP YOUR BITCHING"

im 100% behind this post and will BUMP IT UP EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT YEAR
    mark my word
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    Im all for people to stop bitching but this thread is bitchin' about the bitchin' :roll:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    mrbakomrbako Posts: 54
    Im all for people to stop bitching but this thread is bitchin' about the bitchin' :roll:
    If that's the case, aren't you bitchin about the bitchin about bitchin?
  • Options
    Bitching is not the problem
    bitching without thinking is the problem
    :cry:
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    Bitching is not the problem
    bitching without thinking is the problem
    :cry:

ahhhh... make it stop!!!
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    mrbako wrote:

my head just exploded.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    mrbako wrote:

Not really, Im just making an observation :P throughout the years I've learned that tellin' people to stop the bitchin' doesnt really stop the bitchin', though both the bitchers and the ones who bitch about the bitchin' have the right to post whatever they want.. (gee that got confusing!) :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    I'm all for people bitchin and for people bitchin about the bitching, and I'd like to bitch about both bitchin groups.

Seriously though, people have a right to post negative and positive stuff, but alot of people need to learn to use the search button or at least look at the first page or 2.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

Seriously though, people have a right to post negative and positive stuff, but alot of people need to learn to use the search button or at least look at the first page or 2.

I've stopped bitchin' about that too! :lol:
  • Options
    mrbakomrbako Posts: 54
    mrbako wrote:

my head just exploded.
    For your computer's sake, I hope you are wearing a mask like eddie. :D
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Love this post. It should be required reading for anyone about to start 'Bitchin'. :D
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    At least this "bitchin'" post made me laugh. :lol:
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    Seriously ... I wasn't around for the Chicago ticket announcement ... and I still could have gotten tickets a day later.

I don't understand the complaining.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    Im tired of all the bitching too, but its a forum, this stuff is always going to happen. IMO there were things that warranted some complaints. That said, I am also tired of threads like this.
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    asher7asher7 Posts: 85
    haven't heard all that much complaining considering, I mean any system would mean that some ppl have to miss out/are inconvienienced.

I agree with ur post.

I've been to the O2 3 times for Linkin Park, Rolling Stones and Foo Fighters and this is the first time I've managed to get standing tickets (10club), so that says it all imo.

p.s. I wouldnt say that I check the PJ site all the time, but the 'fan' function on facebook gave me an 'update' announcement about the gig which was great!
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    McNairn wrote:
    1) selling tickets at a specific moment in time with tens of thousands of people all clicking at the same second really sucks.
    2) The lottery was OK but a lot of people got shut out (me included - had to go ticketmaster for EV Albany)

3) if you are a rabid fan you will find the shows when they are posted and buy them
    5) if this doesn't fit your lifestyle and work/ family obligations/ geographical location / too freakin' bad for you.
    7) It is not up to the band to design a ticket distribution system that fits your personal situation.
    8) I like what someone else said on this board - my seat preference is "in the building"
    10) If no fan club seats are available, find out when the local presale is, then try the public on sale, then try the PJ message board, then buy tickets for $250 each on ebay if you must.
    11) stop complaining

TIP
    1) put a piggy bank aside now and start saving for next years tour so you will have money for flights, tickets, flight cancellations, etc. Tweet Tweet - when the next album comes out there will be a big beautiful worldwide tour! Start divorce preceedings now if you have to! Fix up that old Datsun! Arrange a babysitter on call! What kind of fan are you? Just make it happen and enjoy the ride. FROM NOW ON - CHECK WEB SITE DAILY and STFU
    PEACE

Always Remember that you are seeing the best band in all of history live and even to have that opportunity ONCE in your LIFE is beyond description.

Is that you Stone?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    lostdawglostdawg Posts: 109
    McNairn wrote:

11) stop complaining

TIP
    PEACE

I love the band, but I'm not going to quit my job to see a show. Money is no object, but getting time off in the summer is. Some people have to plan ahead to get time off. Some people can't sit by a computer at work. A little notice is all most people want. We can gripe all we want, it's a free country.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    mrbako wrote:

Not really, Im just making an observation :P throughout the years I've learned that tellin' people to stop the bitchin' doesnt really stop the bitchin', though both the bitchers and the ones who bitch about the bitchin' have the right to post whatever they want.. (gee that got confusing!) :mrgreen:

Damn, that's a lot of bitches.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    No I'm not Stone (present tense)
    good one though 12345ANGST. LOL you hot the nail on the head

I thought I was praising the new system, not bitching.
    Maybe I am just a bitch
    Am I half full? or half empty?
    You know, though, when someone looks up at the blue sky, and says, "It's so grey and miserable out", I can't help but say "wait, the sky is not grey, it's blue!", and if they say "no it's grey, fuck off", I say "no it's blue, and your an idiot".
  • Options
    keep in mind WE ARE FANS.....NOT SHARE HOLDERS....NOT CEOs of the band either.....JUST BE HAPPY THEYRE TOURING ...BE HAPPY YOU GOT TICKETS........
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    No I'm not Stone (present tense)
    good one though 12345ANGST. LOL you hot the nail on the head

I thought I was praising the new system, not bitching.
    Maybe I am just a bitch
    Am I half full? or half empty?
    You know, though, when someone looks up at the blue sky, and says, "It's so grey and miserable out", I can't help but say "wait, the sky is not grey, it's blue!", and if they say "no it's grey, fuck off", I say "no it's blue, and your an idiot".

your not bitching ....your speaking your mind AND NOT ASKING FOR ANYTHING FROM THE BAND....... like others......
  • Options
    bumpity bump bump bump
  • Options
    Michelle10Michelle10 Posts: 148
    omg that was hilarious
    "Well I guess there's nothing wrong with what you say, but don't sell me there can't be better ways" ~ PJ
  • Options
    58823005882300 Posts: 813
    This time of year is the best time of year except for when the music starts. The excitement, the anticipation, the guessing, the planning, and the build up. Who cares how or where it happens as long as it happens. If ya wanna get there you will. There are so many people here on this board willing to help out with tickets, travel, and places to crash. I love being creative and trying to put the puzzle together! See ya soon! :D