Options

Just got my 2008 annual holiday single with my copy of Deep

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Wow, the single is already almost 6 months late and confirmed to be in the mail already, and it seems like people are now salivating to hear it NOW! It's already this late, can't everyone just wait one more week and enjoy a nice surprise. I swear people don't like surprises anymore.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    rsimms3rsimms3 Posts: 13
    Large or small hole in the middle?
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353
    drsluggo wrote:
    here's a snippet of Santa Cruz...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_moia-oVI

damnit...got me. I hate you
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    The Memorial Day single!! Woohoo!! :D
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • Options
    John Briggs 2008John Briggs 2008 Posts: 1,024
    that's cool. a rip to flac would rock to. nice lossless copy so I can add it to the compilation.
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    Be Sound wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Be Sound wrote:
    this is good news! Does anyone have a rip yet?
    My dad's friend has a record player connected to his computer and he's gonna put it on a cd for me and I'll send the mp3 file to you if no one else has ripped it by then.
    Wish I had a record player so I could hear it now =(

awesome, just PM me if you can! :D

let me know too. can't wait!
  • Options
    pearljamchrispearljamchris Posts: 282
    Wow, the single is already almost 6 months late and confirmed to be in the mail already, and it seems like people are now salivating to hear it NOW! It's already this late, can't everyone just wait one more week and enjoy a nice surprise. I swear people don't like surprises anymore.

i actually agree with u there! i was the same with the ten remix, even when the songs went up on pjs myspace i wudnt click on them 2 listen 2 them, i jus wanted 2 wait 4 mine 2 come n then blast it out! its always nice avin stuff 2 look 4ward 2!
    IF YOU HATE SOMETHING,.. DONT YOU DO IT TOO
  • Options
    grungeyed wrote:

i actually agree with u there! i was the same with the ten remix, even when the songs went up on pjs myspace i wudnt click on them 2 listen 2 them, i jus wanted 2 wait 4 mine 2 come n then blast it out! its always nice avin stuff 2 look 4ward 2!

Everybody is different. Personally, I think the songs on the single suck. However, I want to have them in flac to add to the holiday compilation that I have offered over the years to the community. A new set of flacs made by JWB are what I compiled as of the last year or so with new artwork. I am excited to get these and get them remastered by him where needed so I can offer them in an updated package. Also, I wil never have this single so I am excited to hear the santa cruz song.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    grungeyed wrote:

Everybody is different. Personally, I think the songs on the single suck. However, I want to have them in flac to add to the holiday compilation that I have offered over the years to the community. A new set of flacs made by JWB are what I compiled as of the last year or so with new artwork. I am excited to get these and get them remastered by him where needed so I can offer them in an updated package. Also, I wil never have this single so I am excited to hear the santa cruz song.

Briggs, I can understand why you would want these on FLAC or MP3. You have indirectly hooked me up with bootlegs from your downloads on this site and I thank you for that. I was talking more about people who will get this, who have a record player, and are just impatient and jealous because somebody got the single before they did. Dude, you do a lot of good on this board and that comment wasn't directed at you for that reason.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    No worries, I was not offended and didn't feel it was directed towards folks like me. I was just conversating :D
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,198
    christmas single & deep coming soon?

very nice! :)
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    demetrios wrote:

smiley-greet025.gif
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

smiley-greet025.gif

huggles.gif
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

smiley-greet025.gif

huggles.gif

Where have you been for I guess the past couple of weeks, demetrios? I guess now that you are back to posting the amount of views and replies to threads are gonna jump way up.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Where have you been for I guess the past couple of weeks, demetrios? I guess now that you are back to posting the amount of views and replies to threads are gonna jump way up.

Had to cool down. Did something bad which I couldn't control.
    I'm back now, and won't let that ever happen again!

My passion for the music of Pearl Jam, is stronger then ever before! 8-)
  • Options
    Well as long as the bad thing wasn't planning on killing somebody in the band then I'm sure everybody here on the board will take ya back with open arms (no journey pun intended)
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    funnygirlfunnygirl Posts: 529
    huggles.gif[/quote]

Where have you been for I guess the past couple of weeks, demetrios? I guess now that you are back to posting the amount of views and replies to threads are gonna jump way up.[/quote]

Had to cool down. Did something bad which I couldn't control.
    I'm back now, and won't let that ever happen again!

My passion for the music of Pearl Jam, is stronger then ever before! 8-)[/quote]

Demetrios! I am so glad you have returned! I missed you! :D xoxo
  • Options
    funnygirl wrote:
    Demetrios! I am so glad you have returned! I missed you! :D xoxo

Miss you too! Well, for a few hour's, since we just posted over at Facebook! ;)

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    welcome back d, hope you're enjoying this game!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    TinyFistsTinyFists Posts: 142
    Got mine this morning. Saved opening it until I get home this evening!
    Try to tell me that you love me, throw your little punches at me...
  • Options
    StoneAmentStoneAment Posts: 393
    Ok this is my first holiday single so maybe it's not unusual to the rest of you but why the hell is the hole in the middle so freakin big?
    Mike McCready makes the energizer bunny look tired.
  • Options
    OffHeGoes132OffHeGoes132 Posts: 594
    I haven't gotten my single yet, but I'm dying to know how both songs sound. I'm not asking for someone to send me mp3s, I just wanted a brief description of how the songs are. All I've seen so far is posts the confirm whether or not you have the single, and nothing on the songs themselves. Can anyone comment on what the songs sound like? Good/Bad?? Thanks! :)
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    StoneAment wrote:
    Ok this is my first holiday single so maybe it's not unusual to the rest of you but why the hell is the hole in the middle so freakin big?

:lol:

ep-adapterpl_400.jpg

;)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    StoneAment wrote:

It's becauase you will need a 45rpm record adapter. they look like this...
    PFASA-7.jpg

or some variation therein...
    twenty45.jpg

You situate the adapter on the record player and place the record on it to play...
    puckambn4.jpg

They are commonly referenced in PJ's album artwork like here:
    e65209oa4ma.jpg

BTW I haven't seen the Christmas single yet so I've been waiting to hear someone confirm this.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    janvanderdamjanvanderdam Posts: 524
    Received mine today!! The Netherlands.
  • Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    Nothing yet in Germany :cry:
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    HeavyHands wrote:
    StoneAment wrote:
    or some variation therein...
    twenty45.jpg
    BTW I haven't seen the Christmas single yet so I've been waiting to hear someone confirm this.

If they had Pearl Jam spacers in the 10c store I would definitely buy one...HEAR THAT PEARL JAM?! I'D BUY ONE! a nice quality metal one...
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    ^^^I have the Black Crowes 3 Snakes and 1 Charm 7" boxed set and it came with a 45rpm adapter in the shape of the charm on the album cover. It's too think to actually work though.
  • Options
    pilgrim pcpilgrim pc Posts: 14
    Got mine today..Whoo hoo!!