Options

If Matt Cameron resigns for some reason which drummer

jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
edited May 2009 in The Porch
would you like according to PJs style of music...

I would like:

-The drummer of Live
-The drummer of Nirvana

I think any of these guys would bring a stronger or harder drumming to PJs music...
Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    smartin9000smartin9000 Posts: 92
    I like the Nirvana guy.

Whatever happened to that dude.

;)
  • Options
    YoullseeDragonsYoullseeDragons Posts: 2,121
    Ginger Baker from Cream
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I like the Nirvana guy.

Whatever happened to that dude.

;)

Yeah that dude had some talent. Too bad we never heard from him again. :o
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I'm of the opinion that if Matt leaves, PJ will be done, but if they could get another drummer they could do worse than Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    haha i dont think dave would go back to being a drummer hes too in love with being the lead guitarist & singer in the spotlight.

I dont want Matt to leave why would he do that it would make me so sad :cry:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Evolution6579Evolution6579 Posts: 624
    I would say...the old drummer from Soundgarden. Or the guy from Hater. Or maybe the guy who drummed on the Temple of the Dog album. He is pretty good.

Or Bryan St. Pere or David Sandström. Brooks Wackerman would do. Don't know who they are? Maybe you should.
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    DPrival78DPrival78 CT Posts: 2,259
    max weinberg
    i'm more a fan of popular bands.. like the bee-gees, pearl jam
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    What about the old Genesis drummer? You know if that Nirvana guy is busy.

He already has a history with Pearl Jam. :D
  • Options
    tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    DewieCox wrote:
    I'm of the opinion that if Matt leaves, PJ will be done, but if they could get another drummer they could do worse than Steve Gorman of the Black Crowes.
    Agreed, but they might stay together if Jack is in touring shape.
  • Options
    PJ Fan est. 1990PJ Fan est. 1990 Posts: 1,788
    DPrival78 wrote:
    max weinberg

HAHA! ahhh i'm gunna miss him on conan...unless he's coming with him to the tonight show...

anywho if anyone's gunna be drumming for PJ after Matt's gone (god forbid) it's guna be ME!
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    dave krusen :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    LukinFan wrote:
    dave krusen :mrgreen:

ALL about Dave K after the redux.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Tommy Lee or Peter Criss(in full Kiss makeup of course) :D
    walk the bridges,.......before you burn them down
  • Options
    shawnsm30shawnsm30 Posts: 1
    There's no way to replace Matt, but bring back Jack Irons. He was absolutley phenominal. Where is Dave Krusen nowadays I'm sure he could use a job. Matt is irraplaceable no doubt, but PJ hasn't survived all these years based on one instrument or the other it's all based on the lyrical genius of the whole band and that will continue regardless of who the drummer is. How many have they gone through and have still percervered (sic).
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    shawnsm30 wrote:
    Where is Dave Krusen nowadays I'm sure he could use a job. .
    Dave is in a number of bands- The Kings Royal and Toy Robot- plus a few another project that I can't share with everyone- but sounds pretty sweet!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    Bad news for you..(good news if ye think Pj have been playing TOO FUCKIN FAST the last few years) MC is signed up for the Soundgarden reunion which is being announced in about 4 weeks time..you heard it here first kids..
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    If Matt leaves, I would be very depressed. Hell, if any member left, I would be very depressed. Matt has been there for 11 years, over half their career. If PJ had a drummer, it's Matt. Screw Dave, it's Matt. the only possible way they would go back from what I can see is if Jack rejoins. that would be interesting, Id like to see how he would play Life Wasted or Marker.
    eldarion75 wrote:
    Bad news for you..(good news if ye think Pj have been playing TOO FUCKIN FAST the last few years) MC is signed up for the Soundgarden reunion which is being announced in about 4 weeks time..you heard it here first kids..

I don't believe this. if it IS true, then there is NO WAY Matt quit the band, they would obviously be doing this in 2010 when PJ isnt touring. Sign me the fuck up for this one though!

Source?
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    You need to go to the SG community..
    i don't mean this in a classic Synergy/Pit style 'i/my brothers girlfriends uncles Gardener met Ed last night at a urinal and he played him 15 new songs' kinda way(though what else could you expect here..seriously)

Soundgarden are reforming and going on tour....I shit you not. We're I to beshit you, it'd be funny at least. This is happening. Put it this way...the 'baby' that someone in Pj is expecting and they can't tour because of next year is MC going back to Soundgarden..put money on it now..you'll be glad you did.
  • Options
    John Briggs 2008John Briggs 2008 Posts: 1,024
    Matt won't leave the band on an official basis. I don't see it. He would never leave his family. Matt is at home and happy with PJ. They started with him in the demos and he has been there drummer for 11 years. Even if he did a SG reunion there is no way he would leave PJ high and dry. He is an essential part of the band, comfortable and happy.
  • Options
    satanmansatanman Posts: 295
    if Matt left Ed can replace him on drums and sing ala Phil Collins :lol:
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    Steven Adler
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    No seriously, Liam Finn.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    joe russo
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    I'd be interested to see what Jimmy Chamberlin would do for Pearl Jam, he could probably get back the groove.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    edited May 2009
    Post edited by LOV2ROCK on
  • Options
    andrewbandrewb Posts: 487
    The posts get dumber ever day on this board
    PJ
    6/03/06 6/24/08 6/25/08 6/28/08 8/28/09 10/30/09 10/31/09 3/13/10 5/15/10 5/18/10 5/20/10 5/21/10 9/3/11 9/4/11 9/2/12 10/18/13 10/19/13 10/25/13 10/22/14 9/26/15 5/1/16 5/2/16 8/5/16 8/7/16 8/20/16 4/7/17

Ed Ved
    8/5/08 6/12/09 6/21/11 6/22/11

Brad
    5/23/12

Soundgarden
    7/9/11 1/23/13 8/1/14

RNDM
    3/7/16
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    I'm pretty sure if anyone leaves, PJ is done for good.
  • Options
    oneforeachdayoneforeachday Posts: 494
    pjny12289 wrote:
    The posts get dumber ever day on this board
    and with that, i nominate myself for replacement drummer. I can play every song off the first half of Ten... most without messing up. :lol:
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,879
    Fuck it , it should be BOOM. Hell he bangs those keys enough to be called a drummer anyway.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14