Options

Pearl Jam (Berlin) or Vietnam

Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,199
edited May 2009 in The Porch
So I bought faclubtickets for the Belrin show. Was planning to travel from Sweden with a few friends (who I pushed PJ onto during our 2 years of filmschool together. Animal and Even Flow turned out to be the official songs of our class).

But anyways.

Now I got an offer to travel to Vietnam with a few other young filmmakers with the Swedish Filminstitute (a national film funding institution) to show our films and have some kind of cultural exchange with young filmmakers from Vietnam. And this trip would be in the middle of August.

So, I may have to choose between theese two. And it sucks. Both are really great. Going to Vietnam for free isn't something you get to do everyday. But PJ with "real" friends and a weekend in Berlin would rock too.

Grr. Ofc I have to make this decision myself. But, any ideas?
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    if the concert falls somewhere at the beginning or at the end of the trip - meet your classmates in vietnam - fly from berlin
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Gotta say I'd probably go to Vietnam having been there, it's an amazing place. PJ will be back (hopefully) within the next year or so for a proper tour then you can make up for missing out on Berlin. Toughey though.
    My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,199
    Turns out Vietnam will be 21-28th of August. So it won't interfear(sp?) with pearl Jam.

But I am not allowed to take time off from work in August so I my have to quit it :/
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Definately Vietnam! I was there about two weeks ago, to Saigon and Hanoi, and I just wish I could have spent more time there.

Really interesting that you went to film school. What a cool thing to do.

Do you have any of your work posted online?

And don't forget, you can buy the Berlin bootleg anytime, you can't buy a Vietnamese bootleg!

nate