Options

good story - good news

LEBERT19LEBERT19 Posts: 50
edited May 2009 in The Porch
so my brother was lucky enough to have Matt Cameron come to his HS today. He met with about 30 students, parents and teachers and talked about playing the drums. Technique, ect. At the end he took some questions and my brother asked if they were playing Seattle anytime soon (that's where we live). He said that from June to the end of the year they've blocked off for touring. So hopefully they add some more US dates this fall. He also said that the album was recorded and just went through the final mix...so we should be seeing that within a few months. Anyway, he then signed autographs, took pictures and that sort of thing. Needless to say i was a little jealous that i graduated 12 years ago and not this June, but my brother got his guitar signed and his picture taken with him, so at least someone in the family had some luck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    edited May 2009
    duude thats awesome!!
    good news about he album 2, kinda sad they aint playing here soon.
    I wish he'd come to my HS. what school was it???
    Post edited by PJFAN_seattle on
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    Awesome, thanks for info. Great hearing that the album is going through its final stages!!!
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    LEBERT19LEBERT19 Posts: 50
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    duude thats awesome!!

Edmonds- Woodway HS, i guess he lives up here somewhere
  • Options
    LEBERT19 wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    duude thats awesome!!

Edmonds- Woodway HS, i guess he lives up here somewhere

lucky bastards haha. Was it a drum class or something? 30 people doesnt seem like very much, unless its a small school, my school has 2000 students and 40 per class not including the staff.
    Shows:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Good stuff- thanks for the story and the news
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    June through the end of the year booked? Interesting...
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    LukinFan wrote:

and pretty fucking cool!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,625
    Not booked, but blocked it says. Either way, friggin' awesome!!! :mrgreen:
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    LukinFan wrote:

Great news, if its true. Seems legit, but there's so much bs out there. Didn't we find out about Bonaroo in a similar fashion?

Won't they follow the geese all the way to SA and Australia for the US winter?
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,091
    That is EXCELLENT NEWS ... but June? Does Matt know what's going on? Ed solo ... ?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Lucky bastard! Matt and Ed are tied for me who I would want to meet the most. that is sick
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,571
    norm wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

and pretty fucking cool!!! :mrgreen:

I expect a full month of Left Coast dates complete with a week of Filmore residency please :D
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
    Not booked, but blocked it says. Either way, friggin' awesome!!! :mrgreen:
    yeah, I misread it- great news though!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Cool story dude. Lucky for your bro! :D
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    you should be proud your bro took an interest and asked him a question - can't see any of my siblings doing that!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,402
    LEBERT19 wrote:
    so my brother was lucky enough to have Matt Cameron come to his HS today. He met with about 30 students, parents and teachers and talked about playing the drums. Technique, ect. At the end he took some questions and my brother asked if they were playing Seattle anytime soon (that's where we live). He said that from June to the end of the year they've blocked off for touring. So hopefully they add some more US dates this fall. He also said that the album was recorded and just went through the final mix...so we should be seeing that within a few months. Anyway, he then signed autographs, took pictures and that sort of thing. Needless to say i was a little jealous that i graduated 12 years ago and not this June, but my brother got his guitar signed and his picture taken with him, so at least someone in the family had some luck.

Great!

Thank your brother for asking questions. :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    erik768erik768 Decatur, GA Posts: 117
    Great news on the album.
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Great story and good news too!

I wish he'd come and talk to either of my sons about drumming... they both play drums, too.

Uh, in hope of changing their opinion of Pearl Jam... my hubby says it's the fact that we are the parents that our oldest son "despite" and mock PJ. His little brother is just following him but is not as mean. ;)

I think he's right... because he enjoys the early grunge music including Soundgarden. *shrugs*

But I'm glad it's your brother, though. :)

Thanks for sharing!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,323
    LEBERT19 wrote:
    He said that from June to the end of the year they've blocked off for touring. So hopefully they add some more US dates this fall. He also said that the album was recorded and just went through the final mix.

:mrgreen:
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    NICE!!!!!!!!

Tell your bro he done good! :D
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    wow, what a let down

...i thought this was gonna be a post about how you saved 15% on your car insurance with Geico
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    PlanktonPlankton Posts: 692
    Amazing.

Really can't wait to find out more about the new album. Can't be too far off really.
  • Options
    Santos L. HalperSantos L. Halper Posts: 1,770
    IamMine wrote:

I wish he'd come and talk to either of my sons about drumming... they both play drums, too.

Uh, in hope of changing their opinion of Pearl Jam... my hubby says it's the fact that we are the parents that our oldest son "despite" and mock PJ. His little brother is just following him but is not as mean. ;)

I think he's right... because he enjoys the early grunge music including Soundgarden. *shrugs*

Thanks for sharing!
    If you are a good drummer, you will ALWAYS have work. Period. That's the best advice for kids who aren't sure if they want to play drums, guitar or bass. guitar/bass players are a dime a dozen.
    slh
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    damn santos....i saw you posted and thought you might add some info ;)

you're right about the drummers though :P
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I was told by someone who knows Mike that they are playing Seattle 2 nights in September. Take it for what it's worth.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,982
    Lizard wrote:
    NICE!!!!!!!!

Tell your bro he done good! :D

I say hit him instead! You know, just the older jealous brother and his cronies kind of hit. Dont need to hurt him
    ;)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    If you are a good drummer, you will ALWAYS have work. Period. That's the best advice for kids who aren't sure if they want to play drums, guitar or bass. guitar/bass players are a dime a dozen.
    slh

Cool 8-)

That's really a good advice for Noah because his oldest brother is good at both guitar and drums, but Noah only plays drums and he's good at it too. At times I can tell he feels he's not as good as Tyler because he can play guitar and he doesn't.

So I think this will be great news for him... ;) That can be our little secret to kick his brother's ass. *snickers*

If anyone thinks it's because I am a mom that I say they are good... ask idratherbe.

She hates kids and our kids won her over! She was in awe when the boys played for her when she visited us. :mrgreen:

I feel horrible for bragging now... :p

But back to great news.... :mrgreen:
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:

Thanks for sharing!
    slh

ya ever1 plays guitar and its hard to find drummers or bassists good thing im a bassist itll be easy to get work
    Shows:
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Great story and great news! :D
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 449
    Thanks for the update very cool for your brother to meet him. Pretty nice of Matt to spend part of his day talking to some high schoolers.