Options

10c fans get the shaft in london!!!

jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,556
edited May 2009 in The Porch
Ok so the tickets for 10c members to the O2 gig are released 2 hours before the gig at the O2!!!

I cant believe it! so all those who are not 10c members get their tickets in the post and will queue for the venue from that morning and all 10c members will have to wait and be BEHIND those in the queue who did not get pre sale tickets.

Im sorry but this just sucks big time!!! Whats the point in getting pre sale tickets if we are the last in the venue at the back????

Come on 10c - SORT IT OUT!!! :twisted:
"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Anyone willing to queue all day needs their head sorting out.

That being said I can understand where you are coming from but it's just the way 10C do it!
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    So, 10c tickets are sold in pairs. One person queues at the door while the other leaves to collect the tickets and comes back. It's really quite simple when you've nothing better to do but sit on concrete for 10 hours.
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Jennytree wrote:
    So, 10c tickets are sold in pairs. One person queues at the door while the other leaves to collect the tickets and comes back. It's really quite simple when you've nothing better to do but sit on concrete for 10 hours.

I think for those who will queue the only problem could be that the O2 can use more than one entrance for standing and if they do they're strict about only letting you in the entrance that is on your ticket ...
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    I'm sure there'll be a system. If there are several entrances for standing maybe one entrance will be saved for 10c. All we can do is wait and see.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,556
    Jennytree wrote:

The problem with that is there are different ticket entrances for the arena! So you wont know WHERE to queue UNTIL you have your ticket!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

I think for those who will queue the only problem could be that the O2 can use more than one entrance for standing and if they do they're strict about only letting you in the entrance that is on your ticket ...
    Ah, well now that IS a different story!
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,391
    If you want to queue early and there is more than one of you, someone can wait in line while the 10c member goes to get the tickets.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    FluffyslugFluffyslug Posts: 19
    The Rock wrote:
    If you want to queue early and there is more than one of you, someone can wait in line while the 10c member goes to get the tickets.
    =/
  • Options
    Fluffyslug wrote:
    The Rock wrote:
    =/

lol, what face is that?
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:
    Fluffyslug wrote:
    The Rock wrote:
    =/

lol, what face is that?

I said that already :P
    Chime wrote:
    Jennytree wrote:

This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    ^^Apologies for stealing your thoughts.
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    I pretty much don't understand why the 10c don't just mail the tickets out in advance. I understand that the pickup makes sense when you actually get some advantages with those tix (like in Berlin) but the way it is in Rotterdam/Manchester/London the ticket pickup is pretty useless.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    The Rock wrote:

It's ok, just don't let it happen again ;)
    This is me:

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    FluffyslugFluffyslug Posts: 19
    Jennytree wrote:
    The Rock wrote:

It's ok, just don't let it happen again ;)
    awww, everyones so nice here lol. Its a wonder i didnt start using the forums sooner :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Awww yeah, everyone here is lovely.

Big hugs all round :)
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Dercheef wrote:
    I pretty much don't understand why the 10c don't just mail the tickets out in advance.

To minimize reselling at inflated prices on sites such as ebay, etc.?
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    redrock wrote:
    Dercheef wrote:
    I pretty much don't understand why the 10c don't just mail the tickets out in advance.

Why? If someones wants to sell some tickets he just go with normal tickets since those are exactly the same. It would makes sense if we would get something special with our tix but for those shows with no advantage the pickup makes no sense.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    Dercheef wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Dercheef wrote:

Why? If someones wants to sell some tickets he just go with normal tickets since those are exactly the same. It would makes sense if we would get something special with our tix but for those shows with no advantage the pickup makes no sense.

Although we don't get in early this time, I still like the pre-sale because it at least gives fanclub members the chance to get tickets instead of getting shut in the potential madness of a general sale. I feel really happy knowing I have a pair so don't have to be up early trying on ticketmaster in a couple of days.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited May 2009
    Nvm.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    edited May 2009
    Dercheef wrote:
    redrock wrote:
    Dercheef wrote:

Maybe not for standing but for seating as 10C should be getting better seats. Not having early entrance is not really the norm - usually there are perks to 10C tix, thus the general rule, I guess.
    Post edited by redrock on
  • Options
    jack_bass_playerjack_bass_player Posts: 1,126
    this is pretty stupid though to be honest

i am starting to wish that i had just waited to chance it with ticketmaster. i much prefer just having my tickets hence why i diced with ticketmaster for the NIN/JA show in july and didnt bother with the NIN fanclub which works the same was as 10C. although NIN is giving their fanclub early entry into the arena at exactly the same venues, the MEN and the 02. why is this?

if they are so intent on not mailing out tickets why can't they just open the ticket pickup booths earlier?
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options

if they are so intent on not mailing out tickets why can't they just open the ticket pickup booths earlier?

That is a sensible solution.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Where did you find this info?
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:

What info?
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    mankind27mankind27 Posts: 33
    To be fair I think having 2 hours to queue will be MORE than enough. I'm pretty sure getting in early doesn't do a lot of good anyway, go to the toilet once and you lose any advantage from getting in eary. You should get as close to the front as you want to even if you turn up as the doors open.
    'I wish i came from a country that never went to war, I wish i came from a country that took care of its poor,
    Maybe someday that will change, in the place from where we came,
    But in the mean time thanks for the example, in the mean time thanks for giving us hope...'
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

i am starting to wish that i had just waited to chance it with ticketmaster. i much prefer just having my tickets hence why i diced with ticketmaster for the NIN/JA show in july and didnt bother with the NIN fanclub which works the same was as 10C. although NIN is giving their fanclub early entry into the arena at exactly the same venues, the MEN and the 02. why is this?

Are they? We got NIN tickets throught he fanclub and I don't remember seeing anything about early entry.
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    I BrisK I wrote:

Ed - I seem to have seen a post where the confirmation e-mail from the 10C was referenced. So, if you have your confirmation, have a read... it says something about the 2 hours.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Tried to get tickets from the o2 presale for friends this morning - wasn't happening (they're now all up an ebay and other ticket resale sites :evil: ).

So on the one hand it'll be a bit shit if I don't know where I'm supposed to be queueing and end up in the wrong place - but on the other hand I'm glad I have any tickets at all!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

Are they? We got NIN tickets throught he fanclub and I don't remember seeing anything about early entry.

Q: What time should I be at the venue?

A: This entirely depends on you, the venue and the showtime. If you want to be there early and grab a couple of beers and merch then be there early depending on the show time. NIN usually takes the stage between 8:30pm and 9:00pm.

For people that bought pre-sale tickets, an e-mail will be sent to you with instructions about 'special entry' when it gets closer to the specific date of the show you'll be attending.
    2007 - London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
  • Options
    Irish AlIrish Al Posts: 6,236
    I can understand the frustration but lets be honest, we're all going to rock out to live PJ not get eddie's snots on our faces (well most of us arent). I think we should all use this as a sign to stay in the pub and hang out with fellow jammers 8-)
    I need a coffee!