Options

Fully Pearl Jam loaded ipod......

dr teethdr teeth Posts: 115
edited November 2008 in The Porch
........would anyone be interested in buying a 80gb ipod with every official boot from 2000-2008, and all the studio albums.come on.make me an offer.
jeter drinks wine coolers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Ill trade you my BRAND new 80GB. :)
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Options
    PM sent.
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    That, sir, is illegal!

Like Marihuana!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    Is the ipod fully filled? That's about 20,000 songs. I should know, I have an 80GB myself.
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    bigbadbill wrote:
    Is the ipod fully filled? That's about 20,000 songs. I should know, I have an 80GB myself.

depends on the bit rate of the songs though?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    what generation ipod are we talking about here? color, etc?
  • Options
    it is a year and a half old, black,......mint!
  • Options
    I did a poster trade with Dr. Teeth, everything worked out fine.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    dr teeth wrote:
    it is a year and a half old, black,......mint!

mint, but illegal - you are selling material with active copywrites.
    OH: You need to stop buying Pearl Jam stuff, we have no room
    Me: How about we just get a bigger house?

http://db.etree.org/DirtyStuart
    http://randomismsofa.blogspot.com
  • Options

copyrights.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    copyrights.

Thanks, i knwe i spelt it worng

• Options

kewl ;)
  • Options
    Pffff, I dont need that i got a 1tb server hooked up reciver with 1990-2008 boots plus dvds.

but a good idea
    Tour with fucking NOFX
  • Options
    I stuffed Jeff in a speaker. Not very portable though.

• Options

what's the difference in selling digital songs vs. some old CD's just laying around? aren't they both 'active copyrights' ....get a life
  • Options
    all the songs are either direct rips from the physical boots or loaded immediately from when the digital boots were bought.mint!
  • Options
    wont the songs get deleted as soon as you put it into your own itunes library though.....
  • Options
    wont the songs get deleted as soon as you put it into your own itunes library though.....
    i think you are allowed to copy an ipod into itunes twice, then you lose all the songs...not positive
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861

knew ;)

not if you have itunes set not to Synch with your ipod :D
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    No, the songs won't all get deleted as long as you have your iTunes set up to not automatically import/synch with your iPod.

However, this is VERY illegal and this thread should probably be deleted by the mods.

Selling an iPod filled with music is no different than selling bootleg CDs -- you are not selling the original music you purchased, but rather copies of this music. Even if the files are digital, only the original files that went straight to your PC are "original" -- whatever is on your iPod is copied.

I know, because I tried to do something similar before and got in trouble for it.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    No, the songs won't all get deleted as long as you have your iTunes set up to not automatically import/synch with your iPod.

However, this is VERY illegal and this thread should probably be deleted by the mods.

Selling an iPod filled with music is no different than selling bootleg CDs -- you are not selling the original music you purchased, but rather copies of this music. Even if the files are digital, only the original files that went straight to your PC are "original" -- whatever is on your iPod is copied.

I know, because I tried to do something similar before and got in trouble for it.

This ipod however would be legal to sell if it did not contain music that is still commercially available, ie 2008 bootlegs and the studio albums.

all of the other shows have download links here, and the band freely allows that so i don't see a reason why it would be illegal not to sell it. As long as there is no price being put on the content of the ipod, the sale is purely for the ipod hardware
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,

• Options
    This ipod however would be legal to sell if it did not contain music that is still commercially available, ie 2008 bootlegs and the studio albums.

all of the other shows have download links here, and the band freely allows that so i don't see a reason why it would be illegal not to sell it. As long as there is no price being put on the content of the ipod, the sale is purely for the ipod hardware

True. If you took off the studio releases, 2008 bootlegs, and anything else that is still commercially available, you should be good.

Thanks vedder_soup for pointing that out.
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • Options
    True. If you took off the studio releases, 2008 bootlegs, and anything else that is still commercially available, you should be good.

Thanks vedder_soup for pointing that out.
    that's what i will do then..........yeah.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490

The band is gracious enough to allow people to trade the boots and download them for free for you own personal enjoyment.

They have never given permission for fans to sell the bootlegs that they are nice enough to allow to be shared for free.

There is a big difference between selling the original boot CDs and selling digital copies. Once you sell the original CD boots they're gone... but theoretically someone could sell unlimited digital copies. Big difference.

To the OP... this is an amateur move and you know better.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    The band is gracious enough to allow people to trade the boots and download them for free for you own personal enjoyment.

They have never given permission for fans to sell the bootlegs that they are nice enough to allow to be shared for free.

There is a big difference between selling the original boot CDs and selling digital copies. Once you sell the original CD boots they're gone... but theoretically someone could sell unlimited digital copies. Big difference.

To the OP... this is an amateur move and you know better.

back to the point i made in a previous post...

basically Dr Teeth is saving somebody the trouble of downloading the boots and putting them onto an ipod
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    can i please ask WHY the second someone wants to sell something you all freak out....ONE its an ipod....TWO im sure he got all the music from the same site WE all got them from..if you ask me HES not goin to make any more money then what the ipod cost....if not less do to deprecation of the ipod itself.... SO LET HIM SELL IT AND SHUT UP........next you guys are goin to tell me that NONE of you EITHER BOUGHT NORE SOLD ANYTHING PEARL JAM RELATED 10% more then its face value...cause you know that is illegal too.

im sorry for going off

if any one wants an ipod FILLED WITH EVERY RECORDED PEARL JAM CONCERT/BOOTLEGG/SONG SINCE 1990.........go to [email]WWW.PEARLJ@$^^$.com[/email] and download them for yourself FOR FREE!!!!!
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    Making digital copies of the band's music and selling it is a douche bag move.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    On2Legs wrote:
    Making digital copies of the band's music and selling it is a douche bag move.

but is selling an ipod for ipod value only a douche bag move?
    the only difference is that the music is on there.
    most of it is free and digital only!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,

• Options
    dr teeth wrote:
    ........would anyone be interested in buying a 80gb ipod with every official boot from 2000-2008, and all the studio albums.come on.make me an offer.

Dr. Teeth, I am extremely interested in knowing what you are trying to accomplish by doing this? I am completely fucking mystified by how you think this is something that should be taking place on this website. Please remember that a wave is followed by another wave, and just because the first wave didn't scare you doesn't mean that the following wave won't come crashing down.

I would suggest you delete this thread and pick a new band to listen to, because we don't need you openly doing what you're doing.
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    can i please ask WHY the second someone wants to sell something you all freak out....ONE its an ipod....TWO im sure he got all the music from the same site WE all got them from..if you ask me HES not goin to make any more money then what the ipod cost....if not less do to deprecation of the ipod itself.... SO LET HIM SELL IT AND SHUT UP........next you guys are goin to tell me that NONE of you EITHER BOUGHT NORE SOLD ANYTHING PEARL JAM RELATED 10% more then its face value...cause you know that is illegal too.

im sorry for going off

if any one wants an ipod FILLED WITH EVERY RECORDED PEARL JAM CONCERT/BOOTLEGG/SONG SINCE 1990.........go to [email]WWW.PEARLJ@$^^$.com[/email] and download them for yourself FOR FREE!!!!!

ok, since we are shouting

THE STUDIO ALBUMS ARE STILL COPYRIGHTED AS ARE THE 2008 BOOTLEGS.

No one is talking about the other years, we all know they are public domain.

What the OP is advertising is effectively PIRATED material.

And we can all CAPITALIZE WORDS for EFFECTIVENESS.