Options

10C COME ON!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Tickets are still available! So whats the problem???? Just got mine 14 minutes ago.

What about those folks who don't have the luxury of being near a computer? For example, a nurse who works a 12 hour shift?

I'm not saying the way 10c is doing this is right, but no matter what they do, theres always going to be a group of people that are pissed off with the way theyre doing things. There's just no way to keep everyone happy.
    But there is a way to make a majority of the customers happy,and this isn't the way to do it :(
  • Options
    Wishlist5.1Wishlist5.1 Posts: 115
    I just checked on the board as I new there would be some info today. Then I saw Tickets being sold. This is a first for me....but how are people supost to plan there trip without some advance warning. And lets face it a tweet does'nt count. Is this the way its going to be this year? Why not some warning? These are lagitimate questions being that we all have been waiting for a tour for a while.

If theres an explanation for it..........then ok.

But explanations usually come before hand and not long after.

Just a bit of constructive thought for the 10C

Thank you guys love ya.
  • Options
    prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    Isn't this a good thing? By announcing shows and selling tickets without much notice, it gives the locals who don't need to make traveling plans (the ones that should be at the show) a better chance to get tickets.
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,628
    dana_b wrote:

Nurses don't like Pearl Jam.

Problem solved.

I thought I was going to nursing school so I could afford the tickets....just to find out that nurses don't like PJ...

la sigh.... :|

That's true. As soon as I graduated from nursing school, i realized that Eddie is a douche and Stone is the cause of ALL problems.

Of course that doesn't say much for me - the dumb nurse who continues to pay 10 Club dues every year. ;)

Oh you silly nurses. :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    danny72688 wrote:
    Isn't this a good thing? By announcing shows and selling tickets without much notice, it gives the locals who don't need to make traveling plans (the ones that should be at the show) a better chance to get tickets.
    Yeah that's great for the locals. What about those of us who haven't had a homestate show in 9 years (or more?). I guess we can look forward to that system when they play in our state....which will be never! So you see, Chicago might be it for a lot of people.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    edited May 2009

I know a lot of people are upset, but you can't blame Tim Bierman for "no experience." He knows what he's doing, and the sales are definitely more "streamlined" than they were back in 2000 or 2003...whether that's a good thing, who knows. Lot of us probably wish for the days of single index cards and money orders overnight mailed to Seattle... But don't bash Tim. He's good people. I met him in 2003 and he was a great guy, taking time to talk to us, fill us in on some of the fan club stuff, etc. When he's talking about the point in time of that interview, I'm guessing they figured the fan club was going to crash and burn the way it was ("losing money" etc) and it was like, well, whoever wants it can have it. Tim has done some great stuff. The ticket sales could be like U2 or some other bands where you end up not getting shit when it comes time for onsales through ticketmaster with a "unique" code....
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

• Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Yeah that's great for the locals. What about those of us who haven't had a homestate show in 9 years (or more?). I guess we can look forward to that system when they play in our state....which will be never! So you see, Chicago might be it for a lot of people.
    Then travel. If you know you must travel, which clearly you do, then be ready for it. You just don't have an option of the "better" city. Go to Chicago or wait for more dates. Maybe something will be closer, or maybe nothing will be announced. If it's that important to see them then go to this show and don't take your chances.
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    danny72688 wrote:
    Then travel. If you know you must travel, which clearly you do, then be ready for it. You just don't have an option of the "better" city. Go to Chicago or wait for more dates. Maybe something will be closer, or maybe nothing will announced. If it's that important to see them then go to this show and don't take you chances.

Oh yeah....everyone, just have hundreds of dollars ready to throw away, and just go to Chicago. Then if they end up playing multiple shows much closer that they just didn't want to tell us about at the same time, you should just be thankful you spent your money on non refundable tickets, plane tickets, hotels etc to Chicago. Great thinking there.

I actually can't go anyway. I'm a teacher and the Chicago show would mean I would miss the 2nd or 3rd day of my school year. Probably not a professional way to start of the year you know? But if there were other shows before or after, I could probably make them, and would be willing to travel. The point is we just don't know if there's anything else or if Pearl Jam has decided to stop touring, play one show in the middle of the country, and expect their fans to tour to see THEM. :)

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I am the first to speak up when PJ/10C does something I disagree with, and I dont like this method at all, but is it at all possible that they got more than the standard 10% of tickets for these 6 shows, and they dont expect the pre-sales to sell out, and that is why they used this method?

if so, then I think this method would have been fine IF they would have told us that is the case in the first place. I am lucky that one of these shows is in my backyard, but I feel bad for people who want to travel to these shows but dont have time to plan at all.

10C could easily avoid all this backlash by just communicating with the fans, but they have refused to for several years now, which I think is the main problem. I hope that changes.

looking forward to 8/23...
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    danny72688 wrote:
    Then travel. If you know you must travel, which clearly you do, then be ready for it. You just don't have an option of the "better" city. Go to Chicago or wait for more dates. Maybe something will be closer, or maybe nothing will announced. If it's that important to see them then go to this show and don't take you chances.

Oh yeah....everyone, just have hundreds of dollars ready to throw away, and just go to Chicago. Then if they end up playing multiple shows much closer that they just didn't want to tell us about at the same time, you should just be thankful you spent your money on non refundable tickets, plane tickets, hotels etc to Chicago. Great thinking there.

I actually can't go anyway. I'm a teacher and the Chicago show would mean I would miss the 2nd or 3rd day of my school year. Probably not a professional way to start of the year you know? But if there were other shows before or after, I could probably make them, and would be willing to travel. The point is we just don't know if there's anything else or if Pearl Jam has decided to stop touring, play one show in the middle of the country, and expect their fans to tour to see THEM. :)
    If you don't have the money to spend to see Pearl Jam in another city, then what is the problem? Don't go, or possibly when a local show gets announced which is affordable, go to that one. If they don't stop by it's not like knowing the full tour stops would have made any difference since you couldn't afford it or make that show in the first place (in your case of being professional and responsible).
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    Poncier wrote:

I shake my fist at all of the powers that be.
    angry_fist.jpg

Looks like she's practicing something else! :o :shock:
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I know a lot of people are upset, but you can't blame Tim Bierman for "no experience." He knows what he's doing, and the sales are definitely more "streamlined" than they were back in 2000 or 2003...whether that's a good thing, who knows. Lot of us probably wish for the days of single index cards and money orders overnight mailed to Seattle... But don't bash Tim. He's good people. I met him in 2003 and he was a great guy, taking time to talk to us, fill us in on some of the fan club stuff, etc. When he's talking about the point in time of that interview, I'm guessing they figured the fan club was going to crash and burn the way it was ("losing money" etc) and it was like, well, whoever wants it can have it. Tim has done some great stuff. The ticket sales could be like U2 or some other bands where you end up not getting shit when it comes time for onsales through ticketmaster with a "unique" code....

You are 100% right and I shouldn't have posted that. I actually went back and edited my post. It's one thing to bash the process but bashing the people is a dick thing to do.
  • Options
    kid canadakid canada Toronto Posts: 440
    It's been about 8 hours and 10c seats for Toronto and Chicago are still available. It's not like they announced a small seat venue with zero notice...
    '96: Toronto / '00: Toronto, Montreal / '03: Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal, NYC I & II, Hershey / '04: Toledo, Grand Rapids / '05: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto / '06: Toronto I & II / '07: Chicago (The Vic), Lolla / '09: Toronto / '11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II / '13: London ON, Wrigley, Buffalo, Brooklyn I & II / '16: Toronto I & II, Fenway I & II / '18: London UK I, Wrigley I & II, Fenway I
  • Options
    Contractions please....

Your is possessive.. Shows ownership..
    Ex) Your car,
    Ex) Your house,
    Ex) Your Pearl Jam tickets

You're is a contraction of "You" and "Are"
    Ex) "Now you're going backwards..."
    Ex) "You're making things worse..."
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147

You are 100% right and I shouldn't have posted that. I actually went back and edited my post. It's one thing to bash the process but bashing the people is a dick thing to do.

but isn't bierman in charge? are you saying he should take responsibility for the club he runs?
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    i got screwed outta 10c Chicago sale by getting the email two days later and ive been working two jobs lately so i havent been around...oh well what can you do