Options

IF THERE'S A PANDEMIC, I'M OPENING MY SEALED VINYL

yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
edited May 2009 in The Porch
If we are all told to stay in our homes, and not to come into contact with others and are forced to stay indoors, I just realized it would be the end of the world as we know it, and I'm definitely opening all my PJ vinyl that are still sealed, including Into the Wild...I have an extra Riot Act sealed also. Since Massachutes just passed their martial law bill, this might be more of a reality than we think. I just know I have 9 beautiful sealed pieces of vinyl ligned up by my record player..
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
info@wishlistfoundation.org
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    yahamita wrote:
    If we are all told to stay in our homes, and not to come into contact with others and are forced to stay indoors, I just realized it would be the end of the world as we know it, and I'm definitely opening all my PJ vinyl that are still sealed, including Into the Wild...I have an extra Riot Act sealed also. Since Massachutes just passed their martial law bill, this might be more of a reality than we think. I just know I have 9 beautiful sealed pieces of vinyl ligned up by my record player..

Id open em anyways. What good are they unplayed? Unless you plan to sell them they are absolutely useless...
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Peel them open! Unless they are just currency to you.. What a waste.. Like a book amongst the many on a shelf.. Like a piece of jewelry locked away and unappreciated.. Those records LONG to be played!!
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    yahamita wrote:

What do you want for that Riot Act? I neeeeds it.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    TombourineTombourine Posts: 139
    Why...why...why have vinyl and not open them? If I give you a replica box, will you give me the vinyl?
    Hey hey it's okay...
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Lisa can do whatever the heck she wants with HER vinyl. Why do we always judge if people have them sealed. Who the heck cares.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    vinyl is not meant to remain sealed...

open them and play them... besides, they are re-releasing the catalog on vinyl like everyone else because it is getting cool again and people want to spin, spin, spin... 8-)
  • Options
    lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    I think you should open them whether you listen to them or not.

Not sure if there is truth to this or not, but I heard that overtime, shrink wrap will shrink further and possibly cause slight warping to vinyl if unopened. As the plastic ages it contracts slightly and becomes more brittle.
    My opinion: leaving them sealed is not doing anyone any favors.
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,765
    lukin14 wrote:
    I think you should open them whether you listen to them or not.

Not sure if there is truth to this or not, but I heard that overtime, shrink wrap will shrink further and possibly cause slight warping to vinyl if unopened. As the plastic ages it contracts slightly and becomes more brittle.
    My opinion: leaving them sealed is not doing anyone any favors.

thats true with a standard vinyl, but double gatefold or boxset vinyl won't end up that way
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    Lisa can do whatever the heck she wants with HER vinyl. Why do we always judge if people have them sealed. Who the heck cares.
    I'm waiting on Patrick to come to oregon to help me carefully peel back the plastic covering! which one should we open first??..I'll pack a bowl of this killer Ramulin(skunky,tasty, sweet!) and we'll stay up all night and jam! Whatcha say, P????

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Sounds like a party worth crashin there^^

I definitely think vinyl should be opened and played, but nobody should have a problem with the owner keepin it locked up. It's worth lotsa money whether you wanna think about it like that or not.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Open up all your vinyl and play them!! There is no need to keep them sealed unless you plan on flipping them on e-bay. All of mine have been opened and spun. I don't care if their "value" is decreased because of this.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    yahamita wrote:
    I'm waiting on Patrick to come to oregon to help me carefully peel back the plastic covering! which one should we open first??..I'll pack a bowl of this killer Ramulin(skunky,tasty, sweet!) and we'll stay up all night and jam! Whatcha say, P????

Let's start with No Code and then go from there. :)

That Oregon trip sounds better and better Lisa. :D
  • Options
    Well P, it looks like we might have to wait til Fall to open that vinyl. Looks like the gov't didn't scare enough people into believing there was a pandemic, this was just a trial run to see how quickly it would spread. I bet shit really hits the fan when actual flu season does get underway...get your ticket now to come out!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-