Options

Quiet in here right now....

crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Had to go to the Ocean to clear my head after this week. Better now. came home and saw this ad on craigslist and made me smile.

"I will punch your boss in the face for an Eddie Vedder ticket - $1 (somerville)
Reply to: sale-751231143@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-07-11, 4:33PM EDT

I will fight your boss if you want me to. I'll punch him right in his ugly face if that's how you want it to go down. THAT'S HOW BAD I NEED A TICKET TO BOSTON NIGHT 2 - AUGUST 2ND.

I will not fight your boss if she is a woman. I do not punch the ladies. I also will not hit a female-to-male post-op transgendered individual, that's just not how I roll. But I will be happy to verbally assault them with the colorful language of your choosing, or send them a steady stream of emails containing questionable content that may catch the attention of your IT dude.

I will not fight your parents. No matter how bad they messed you up as a kid, I'm not fighting your parents. OK maybe I can be flexible on that point, I REALLY want to go to this show.

But really, I'm a lover and not a fighter. I would prefer that you sell me your ticket for Eddie Vedder on 8/2 at the Opera House in Boston for cash. Or I could do like an odd-job plus cash combo. Eh? Sounds good, doesn't it - me mowing your lawn for three straight weeks while you sip on the lemonade I made you fresh-squeezed?

Anyway, sell me your tickets. I'll give you a fair price. Thanks for reading this far."
4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
5/17/10 Boston
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Had to go to the Ocean to clear my head after this week. Saw this ad on craigslist and made me smile.

"I will punch your boss in the face for an Eddie Vedder ticket - $1 (somerville)
    Reply to: sale-751231143@craigslist.org
    Date: 2008-07-11, 4:33PM EDT

I will fight your boss if you want me to. I'll punch him right in his ugly face if that's how you want it to go down. THAT'S HOW BAD I NEED A TICKET TO BOSTON NIGHT 2 - AUGUST 2ND.

I will not fight your boss if she is a woman. I do not punch the ladies. I also will not hit a female-to-male post-op transgendered individual, that's just not how I roll. But I will be happy to verbally assault them with the colorful language of your choosing, or send them a steady stream of emails containing questionable content that may catch the attention of your IT dude.

I will not fight your parents. No matter how bad they messed you up as a kid, I'm not fighting your parents. OK maybe I can be flexible on that point, I REALLY want to go to this show.

But really, I'm a lover and not a fighter. I would prefer that you sell me your ticket for Eddie Vedder on 8/2 at the Opera House in Boston for cash. Or I could do like an odd-job plus cash combo. Eh? Sounds good, doesn't it - me mowing your lawn for three straight weeks while you sip on the lemonade I made you fresh-squeezed?

Anyway, sell me your tickets. I'll give you a fair price. Thanks for reading this far."

That's great...!!
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    somerville, nj is hardcore...... j/k it's a really quiet town with alot of face punching going on.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    simkin7074simkin7074 Posts: 249
    That might be one of the best ads ever...if I had one, I'd have to see if he would follow through on his end of the deal
  • Options
    PearlJen401PearlJen401 Posts: 233
    I know this may sound ridiculous but i was actually sitting here crying that i haven't been able to get tickets. This add made me laugh. Thank you for posting it :)
    “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
    — Lao Tzu
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    somerville, nj is hardcore...... j/k it's a really quiet town with alot of face punching going on.

I think its Somerville MA he' s talking about. I live near Somerville NJ....not a bad town....try that Alfonso's Pizza place!
  • Options
    crowpoint01crowpoint01 Posts: 209
    Yes, it was a MA listing. Funny thing is that guy will somehow get in to the show i'm sure. Makes me laugh everytime i think about it.
    4/11/94 Boston Garden 9/26/96 Augusta Maine
    8/20/98 Montreal 9/15 & 9/16/98 Great Woods 11/6/98 Karma Club 8/29 & 8/30/00 Tweeter Center
    6/6/03 Vegas 7/2 & 7/11/03 Tweeter Center
    9/28/04 Fleet Center 5/24 & 5/25/06 Boston Garden
    6/28 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
    8/1 & 8/2/08 EV Opera House
    5/17/10 Boston
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    i'd take you up on it, but my boss would most likely whoop your ass please don't take offense to this, my boss more than holds his own in MMA

just show up at the venue, you'll get in
    getting there is 83% of the battle
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    c above
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'