Options

Priceline....Ed Tour

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009
edited May 2009 in The Porch
So, for the Columbia show last summer, someone posted a minimum bid on the old Pit and location for a hotel close to the show and PJ fans ended up taking over it for that night- pretty cool 8-)

So anyway, I know a lot of people are staying at the Renaissance for the Atlanta show (which I just booked myself for night 1 :mrgreen: ) but I was wondering if anyone has been successful for anything close by that would a lot cheaper.

If so, what's the location and the price you put in? Since we have plenty of time before the show and I think you can put in a price once a day (but be careful, once you get it, you can't cancel it) then I was thinking about playing around with it myself, but I don't know the location to put in. Any help from the fine people in Atlanta?

And this thread doesn't have to be all about Atlanta- if you have other info to post about Priceline hotels for the tour, help each other out and post it here.
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    :ugeek:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    I used Priceline for 6/18 in Nashville before the 1st night was announced. I got a 4-star at the Marriott at Vanderbilt for $85.00 (one person booked). Its not right next to the Ryman, but just down Broadway/West End so its a short cab ride. I probably should have waited, but oh well.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    OKay, I have not booked yet for Atlanta but am going to either through Priceline or Hotwire. Holding off to make sure it does not look like my wife will deliver baby number 2 (Liam but not after Liam Finn, even though he kicks ass and I am excited to be seeing him again) during the days of the shows. Here are some tips and suggestions about booking with either site. For both sites the best area to look at is Marietta if you want to stay close to the show and not deal with the traffic.

Hotwire
    Right now in Marietta they are showing only one hotel and it is a 3.5 start at $68. Not bad compared to what the Renaissance is going for. Additionally it is a suite so there may be more room to squeeze others in the room to save on costs. Based on some research the hotel appears to be the Sheraton Suites Galleria (this is not a guarantee!!) That hotel is going for $125 a night so that is almost 50% off. I just stayed in a Sheraton Suites in South Florida and it was one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in and it was huge.

Priceline
    Looking at Marietta you can bid on hotels up to 4 stars. The likely only place that could be is the Renaissance based on what else is around there. If you want to try for that hotel (or whatever hotels are 4 start in that area) here are some tips for going as low as possible. Choose Marietta as your only area where you want to stay for bidding and choose fours star for level of hotel. Enter your low bid (should be somewhat reasonable). Maybe $50 to start off with (could possibly try $40 or $45. Go ahead with bid even if system says bid is likely too low based on area averages. If you win your bid great. If not you will be given the option to change one thing in your reservation equation. Here are the steps to continue to shoot for the 4 star hotel while slowly increasing your price. You will have 13 chances to increase your bid while still really only trying for the same hotel in Marietta.

If you lose your bid in step 1 where you chose where you want to stay, make sure Marietta is still checked and then add area 1 (Altanta West). Increase your bid slightly and try again (maybe increase of $3 per new bid since you will have 13 chances which will make the highest bid $89 if you started at $50.)

If you lose bid two then in step 1 go ahead and add Druid Hills. Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 3 then in step 1 add Forest Park.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 4 then in step 1 add Jonesboro.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 5 then in step 1 add Kennesaw.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 6 then in step 1 add Lithonia.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 7 then in step 1 add Morrow.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 8 then in step 1 add Northlake.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 9 then in step 1 add Peachtree Corners.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 10 then in step 1 add Smyrna.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 11 then in step 1 add Stockbridge.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 12 then in step 1 add Stone Mountain.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 13 then in step 1 add Union City.Increase bid $3.

You will run through all these steps one right after another making sure that Marietta is always checked off (and it automatically should be since it was your initial bid location) and also 4 stars is your star level (again I think this is automatically checked but make sure no other levels have been checked) .

If you want to stay somewhere else in the area you can run through these same steps replacing Marietta with Buckhead, Downtown, Hartsfield, Midtown or Perimeter and always selecting 4-star.

I also thought about staying downtown but because the MARTA does not make it up to that area I decided to stay near by since traffic sucks up there in the ATL.

Let me know how it goes if anyone tries to book a room using either site. Also if you have any questions let me know. I have used priceline/hotwire a number of times and have mostly been satisfied with the places I got.

I'm feeling good Karma with this because as I finish typing Eddie with Liam Finn singing Society from one of the Berkley shows just came on in my office! Feels like a sign to me.

Peace
    u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    Check out the site www.betterbidding.com
    It can help you figure out hotels booked through Hotwire and Priceline.
  • Options
    u2gator wrote:
    OKay, I have not booked yet for Atlanta but am going to either through Priceline or Hotwire. Holding off to make sure it does not look like my wife will deliver baby number 2 (Liam but not after Liam Finn, even though he kicks ass and I am excited to be seeing him again) during the days of the shows. Here are some tips and suggestions about booking with either site. For both sites the best area to look at is Marietta if you want to stay close to the show and not deal with the traffic.

Hotwire
    Right now in Marietta they are showing only one hotel and it is a 3.5 start at $68. Not bad compared to what the Renaissance is going for. Additionally it is a suite so there may be more room to squeeze others in the room to save on costs. Based on some research the hotel appears to be the Sheraton Suites Galleria (this is not a guarantee!!) That hotel is going for $125 a night so that is almost 50% off. I just stayed in a Sheraton Suites in South Florida and it was one of the nicest rooms I have stayed in and it was huge.

Priceline
    Looking at Marietta you can bid on hotels up to 4 stars. The likely only place that could be is the Renaissance based on what else is around there. If you want to try for that hotel (or whatever hotels are 4 start in that area) here are some tips for going as low as possible. Choose Marietta as your only area where you want to stay for bidding and choose fours star for level of hotel. Enter your low bid (should be somewhat reasonable). Maybe $50 to start off with (could possibly try $40 or $45. Go ahead with bid even if system says bid is likely too low based on area averages. If you win your bid great. If not you will be given the option to change one thing in your reservation equation. Here are the steps to continue to shoot for the 4 star hotel while slowly increasing your price. You will have 13 chances to increase your bid while still really only trying for the same hotel in Marietta.

If you lose your bid in step 1 where you chose where you want to stay, make sure Marietta is still checked and then add area 1 (Altanta West). Increase your bid slightly and try again (maybe increase of $3 per new bid since you will have 13 chances which will make the highest bid $89 if you started at $50.)

If you lose bid two then in step 1 go ahead and add Druid Hills. Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 3 then in step 1 add Forest Park.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 4 then in step 1 add Jonesboro.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 5 then in step 1 add Kennesaw.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 6 then in step 1 add Lithonia.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 7 then in step 1 add Morrow.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 8 then in step 1 add Northlake.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 9 then in step 1 add Peachtree Corners.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 10 then in step 1 add Smyrna.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 11 then in step 1 add Stockbridge.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 12 then in step 1 add Stone Mountain.Increase bid $3.
    If you lose bid 13 then in step 1 add Union City.Increase bid $3.

You will run through all these steps one right after another making sure that Marietta is always checked off (and it automatically should be since it was your initial bid location) and also 4 stars is your star level (again I think this is automatically checked but make sure no other levels have been checked) .

If you want to stay somewhere else in the area you can run through these same steps replacing Marietta with Buckhead, Downtown, Hartsfield, Midtown or Perimeter and always selecting 4-star.

I also thought about staying downtown but because the MARTA does not make it up to that area I decided to stay near by since traffic sucks up there in the ATL.

Let me know how it goes if anyone tries to book a room using either site. Also if you have any questions let me know. I have used priceline/hotwire a number of times and have mostly been satisfied with the places I got.

I'm feeling good Karma with this because as I finish typing Eddie with Liam Finn singing Society from one of the Berkley shows just came on in my office! Feels like a sign to me.

Peace
    u2gator
    bad ass!!!!! Thank you!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    u2gatoru2gator Posts: 94
    Check out the site http://www.betterbidding.com

Everything I included I learned from that site so no need to read too much of the details (I did all the ground work for Marietta). Looking back through a few pages of posts there were not too many discussions about Marietta. If you want to to stay in another part of the city then definitely look more closely at the details about winning bids.

Happy bidding and please keep us posted if anyone gets any wins.

Best,
    u2gator
    Oh I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands
    the ones I love,..
    Some folks just have one,
    yeah, others, they've got none, huh-uh
  • Options
    release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I am at Renaissance for both nights in Atl........
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • Options
    release30 wrote:
    I am at Renaissance for both nights in Atl........
    NICE!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    u2gator wrote:
    Check out the site http://www.betterbidding.com

Everything I included I learned from that site so no need to read too much of the details (I did all the ground work for Marietta). Looking back through a few pages of posts there were not too many discussions about Marietta. If you want to to stay in another part of the city then definitely look more closely at the details about winning bids.

Happy bidding and please keep us posted if anyone gets any wins.

Best,
    u2gator
    I really want to try it, but I also REALLY want to stay at the Renaissance. Anyone want to be the Ginnie Pig :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    LukinFan wrote:
    I really want to try it, but I also REALLY want to stay at the Renaissance. Anyone want to be the Ginnie Pig :mrgreen:

Feel like staying with two girls?
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,867
    jecica wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I AM SURE HE DOES , but his wife might not like that.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    jecica wrote:
    LukinFan wrote:

I AM SURE HE DOES , but his wife might not like that.
    haha, damn you Mickeyrat ;)

Thanks for the offer though. I don't mind getting my own room :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    I hope to see a lot of people taking advantage of great Priceline rates on this year's tour!

I got some ridiculous deals using Priceline in '08 - Tampa, NYC, DC, Hartford and Boston!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I hope to see a lot of people taking advantage of great Priceline rates on this year's tour!

I got some ridiculous deals using Priceline in '08 - Tampa, NYC, DC, Hartford and Boston!
    ditto for the Columbia show- first time using it
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    :ugeek:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    I want to stay at the Renassaince, but damn, they are pricey. I need the room for 2 nights. Lukin, tell me how to work this priceline thing. Tried to figure it out last night and just really couldn't. I need help, as u already know...ha ha ha

:oops: :lol::lol:

VedderFreak
    New Orleans 1993, Birmingham, AL 1998
    Birmingham, AL 2003, Columbia, SC 2008
    ED Solo Washington DC 1 & 2 2008 EV Solo Baltimore,MD nite 1 & 2 2009
    EV Solo Atlanta, GA. nite 1 & 2 2009
    Chicago, IL nite 1 & 2 2009
    Philly nites 2,3 & 4 2009
    Hartford 5/15/10 Boston 5/17/10 Newark 5/18/10 MSG 1 & 2 5/20-21/10
    Alpine Valley PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    lucylou wrote:
    I want to stay at the Renassaince, but damn, they are pricey. I need the room for 2 nights. Lukin, tell me how to work this priceline thing. Tried to figure it out last night and just really couldn't. I need help, as u already know...ha ha ha

VedderFreak
    Basically you select the area of town that you want, then select the number of stars of the hotel that you want, then you enter in a price. If they accept the bid then you are locked in. You can not cancel it. They bill you right then. So if there is another 4 star hotel in that particular area, then you might get that one. I really want to stay at the Renaissance so I'm not sure if I want to risk it. Last year for the Columbia show, someone here posted the bid price and the area to bid on and a ton of Jammers got that one hotel for VERY cheap. Four star hotel for like $60 or something like that.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    iandesktop.jpg
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Edit: Nevermind
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    :lol:

i had a bit of a confused smile when i saw the title of this thread .... in australia, priceline is a chain of makeup, haircare and health supplies

img-logo.gif
    content_beauty.jpg

i was thinking - at least you'll all be looking nice at the show
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    lucylou wrote:

VedderFreak
    Basically you select the area of town that you want, then select the number of stars of the hotel that you want, then you enter in a price. If they accept the bid then you are locked in. You can not cancel it. They bill you right then. So if there is another 4 star hotel in that particular area, then you might get that one. I really want to stay at the Renaissance so I'm not sure if I want to risk it. Last year for the Columbia show, someone here posted the bid price and the area to bid on and a ton of Jammers got that one hotel for VERY cheap. Four star hotel for like $60 or something like that.

I went ahead and booked for 2 nights. Yeah, it's pricey, but it's going to be worth it!!! How many Jammers are going to be at this hotel? Are we taking over the place yet?!!!!!
    Thanks for your help Lukin....
    And is there anyway I can change my name on here? My sister gave me this name when she started me on this page, LucyLou was a nickname, I just want my normal name~~VEDDERFREAK~~~

:D:D:D
    New Orleans 1993, Birmingham, AL 1998
    Birmingham, AL 2003, Columbia, SC 2008
    ED Solo Washington DC 1 & 2 2008 EV Solo Baltimore,MD nite 1 & 2 2009
    EV Solo Atlanta, GA. nite 1 & 2 2009
    Chicago, IL nite 1 & 2 2009
    Philly nites 2,3 & 4 2009
    Hartford 5/15/10 Boston 5/17/10 Newark 5/18/10 MSG 1 & 2 5/20-21/10
    Alpine Valley PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    lucylou wrote:
    I went ahead and booked for 2 nights. Yeah, it's pricey, but it's going to be worth it!!! How many Jammers are going to be at this hotel? Are we taking over the place yet?!!!!!
    Thanks for your help Lukin....
    And is there anyway I can change my name on here? My sister gave me this name when she started me on this page, LucyLou was a nickname, I just want my normal name~~VEDDERFREAK~~~

:D:D:D
    Sweet! Can't wait!!!!!

And yeah, I think you just go to edit profile and there's an option on there to change it. If you need help, just let me know
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    zenith wrote:

i had a bit of a confused smile when i saw the title of this thread .... in australia, priceline is a chain of makeup, haircare and health supplies

img-logo.gif
    content_beauty.jpg

i was thinking - at least you'll all be looking nice at the show
    www.RLMcDaniel.com