Options

Gettıng from Gatwick Airport to Manchester

Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
edited April 2009 in The Porch
:?: Help Londoners!

scenario-

arriving at Gatwick Airport at 310pm on Aug 17th....can I make it to Manchester by 8pm?

How can I do it and what are the costs?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Quickest way is to get the Gatwick Express into London Victoria, then get the tube to Euston. That journey is about 1 hour, and the Express is pretty regular. Then, Euston to Manchester is 2hrs 10 mins. Be warned though, you should book your ticket in advance, as a) it's much cheaper, and b) you'll be travelling in rush hour.

I've done that journey from Euston several times at that time of day, and it can be a rather unsightly scrum/race down the platform to get a seat. Book in advance and you get a guaranteed seat. Should arrive in Manchester with plenty of time to get the tram from Piccadilly to Victoria (where the arena is), or it's about a 20 min walk.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Quickest way is to get the Gatwick Express into London Victoria, then get the tube to Euston. That journey is about 1 hour, and the Express is pretty regular. Then, Euston to Manchester is 2hrs 10 mins. Be warned though, you should book your ticket in advance, as a) it's much cheaper, and b) you'll be travelling in rush hour.

I've done that journey from Euston several times at that time of day, and it can be a rather unsightly scrum/race down the platform to get a seat. Book in advance and you get a guaranteed seat. Should arrive in Manchester with plenty of time to get the tram from Piccadilly to Victoria (where the arena is), or it's about a 20 min walk.

thanks I apprecıate ıt...where can I make these reservatıons? I looked ınto ıt but ıt seems as though they only book 3 months ın advance and we are 4 months away.
  • Options
    http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/changefor ... fault.aspx

I think you can get regular tickets now, but the cheaper ones are only 3 months in advance, you're right.