Options

Next 10 Club Contest

Ukuleddie VeggerUkuleddie Vegger Posts: 494
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I think the next 10 club contest should be a battle of the bands to see who opens up for Pearl Jam. Anybody with me? Anybody? Damn I hate the Celtics- Go BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    that would be a cool contest....GO CELTICS!
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510
    JS80730 wrote:
    I think the next 10 club contest should be a battle of the bands to see who opens up for Pearl Jam. Anybody with me? Anybody? Damn I hate the Celtics- Go BULLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

So is this a bad time to ask you how you feel about Paul Pierce??? :twisted:
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    Noone wants to hear some shitty local band when they spend $75+ on a ticket.. No offense, but that would be worse than Murder City Devils or Fastbacks.. I say fuck the support act bullshit and play an extra 45 minutes!!
  • Options
    LiteTheMatchLiteTheMatch Posts: 1,179
    Go Bulls!
    A child's rhyme stuck in my head...
    It said "Life is nothing but a dream."
    I've spent so many years in question
    To find I'd known this all along.
  • Options
    bhigh901 wrote:
    Noone wants to hear some shitty local band when they spend $75+ on a ticket.. No offense, but that would be worse than Murder City Devils or Fastbacks.. I say fuck the support act bullshit and play an extra 45 minutes!!

I would hope that in a contest the shitty bands would get weeded out. There are a lot of good bands out there. I don't really care if an opening act is big or small time, as long as they are good. I imagine the logistics would be impossible, but it's a cool idea none the less.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,351
    yeah really fuck the Celtics ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    bhigh901 wrote:

Sometimes the local bands become the famous bands that everyone wants to see. If you don't want to see the opening band don't, but maybe you'll be kicking yourself one day when you skip the opening band like an ex boyfriend of mine did and it turned out to be Pearl Jam.

I think a battle of the bands would be great.
    "In the age of darkness
    want to be enlightened"