Cage the Elephant

It_Wasnt_My_SurfaceIt_Wasnt_My_Surface Posts: 851
edited May 2009 in Other Music
So I got invited to go see Cage the Elephant this Friday and I'm pretty broke. Like possibly dipping into my overdraft broke. My question is A) Have any of you seen these guys live and B) Is it worth it?

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    They just came thorugh San Francisco, playing at a small club up the street from my place, and my girlfriend's friend's band was on the bill ... so we went.

I thought they were a lot of fun ... high energy ... songs were a mix of G.Love meets Beck ... lead singer was giving off a David Johansen/Iggy Pop vibe.

Again, a lot of fun, kept you moving all set long.

Can't imagine it's that much to get in ... we only paid $8 or $10 when they were here.

Go out for dinner one less time next week and go out and enjoy the show.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • jimed14 wrote:
    They just came thorugh San Francisco, playing at a small club up the street from my place, and my girlfriend's friend's band was on the bill ... so we went.

I thought they were a lot of fun ... high energy ... songs were a mix of G.Love meets Beck ... lead singer was giving off a David Johansen/Iggy Pop vibe.

Again, a lot of fun, kept you moving all set long.

Can't imagine it's that much to get in ... we only paid $8 or $10 when they were here.

Go out for dinner one less time next week and go out and enjoy the show.

G.Love was one of the best shows energy-wise I've ever been to. Glad to hear it. Thanks

• restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,896
    they opened for QOTSA two years ago here, got a meh from me, though it was terrible sound all night.
    Van 98, Sea I+II 2000, Sea 01, Sea II 02, Van 03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm 2005, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II 2006, DC, NY I+II 2008, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV 2009, Indy 10, Cal, Van 2011, Lond, Van, Sea 2013, Memphis 2014, RRHOF 2017
  • So I cracked and ended up going. All honesty aside I wish I hadn't gone. They were all over the place. Nothing sounded like it was suppost to, and they just kept saying the Celtics were going to go all the way. (now if they don't I have to blame Cage the Elephant)

• BlackThirteenBlackThirteen Posts: 423
    So I cracked and ended up going. All honesty aside I wish I hadn't gone. They were all over the place. Nothing sounded like it was suppost to, and they just kept saying the Celtics were going to go all the way. (now if they don't I have to blame Cage the Elephant)

That's disappointing to hear. I was gonna try and see them at apw. Hopefully they were just having an off night
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 3,679
    I was actually at the show Saturday, too. I knew nothing about them going in (my friend had an extra) and thought they sounded great and put on a hell of a show. I really don't see a G.Love/Beck comparison at all...definitely punkier. I'd say they're absolutely worth checking out.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitarPosts: 8,638
    Well, I guess they turned out ok.....
    Chicago 1&2-18 Cork-EV-17 Chicago 1&2-16 Miami-16 Ft. Lauderdale-16 New York City(Colbert,Sound Check,Show)-15 Moline-14 Detroit-14 Amsterdam 1&2-14 Chicago-13 Noblesville-10 Grand Rapids-06 Grand Rapids-04 Auburn Hills-00 Auburn Hills-98 Toledo-96

Life is hard, that's why no one survives

• FifthelementFifthelement LotuslandPosts: 5,890
    Well, I guess they turned out ok.....
    Lol. Yep.  They did.  Waiting for them to head back to my region.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop