Options

Venues NOT to play

2»

Comments

• Options
    yellowporchyellowporch Posts: 510

Tweeter (now the Comast Center) is also the worst parking lot to get out of. After the shows in 08 I was able to get in a wiffle ball game and a 45 minute nap, and it still took me 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot.
    Whats the environmental aspect of 15,000 cars idling for 1:30?

The parking does SUCK there. Last year it took me about 2 hours to get out of the parking lot. The cops were stupid before the show...taking everyone's beer...BUT I love when they play in Mansfield only because it is a short drive from my house.

Also, last year I was bringing in a bottle of water since it was very hot out and the lady working the entrance would not let me bring in my bottle cap...she took it and threw it away BUT they let everyone go in there with weed...no problem...some guy in front of me smoked at least 20 joints during the show...NO LIE![/quote]

yeah since it became the comcast center they've REALLY become EVEN MORE strict...but like you I'm a short distance away so I love when they play there- As for parking..I've learned that if there's any way for you to get in the right lane when going in it saves you a hell of a lot more time...if you go left they bring you about a mile back..
  • Options
    carbon436carbon436 Posts: 352
    I wouldn't say ALL amphitheaters.

Virginia Beach was one of the cleanest I've been to. HiFi Buys in Atlanta though is a different story.
  • Options
    damendamen Posts: 104
    The Gorge! Takes forever to get in or out of there. Takes forever to go get a beer.

Xcel Center in St.Paul. They asked my brother and me to leave because we were going crazy during Leaving Here during the encore. Stupid security just didn't understand!

jk!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    over_bends wrote:
    Any and all amphitheaters.
    I agree with you on that one. I don't mind the odd amphitheater show just for a change of pace, but all in all arena shows are WAY BETTER in so many ways. In '08 I thought there were a few too many ampitheatre shows.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    jecica wrote:
    NokiaTheatre LA. Small venue, they probably wouldn't play, but the speakers crackle and the place is new... What's that about?

Don't bands bring their own speakers?
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    carbon436 wrote:
    I wouldn't say ALL amphitheaters.

Virginia Beach was one of the cleanest I've been to. HiFi Buys in Atlanta though is a different story.
    i liked VA beach one.... very clean.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    jecica wrote:
    NokiaTheatre LA. Small venue, they probably wouldn't play, but the speakers crackle and the place is new... What's that about?

Don't bands bring their own speakers?

It depends on the venue, some provide sound systems in addition to what the band provide, some want you to strictly use their own, some have absolutely nothing. I think Nokia is a combo place, all their venues at that location were a disappointment.

I would also like to add the Orpheum in Boston, they have no cooling/heating system. Sucks on hot days...
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    jecica wrote:

Seems like you just read a review for the Prince performance there.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 549
    Hershey park. While there's stuff to do around the park while waiting for the show the stadium has a terrible set up for concerts. It's almost as if it is extra wide so all of the sections on the sides are really far away and get terrible sound.

Toledo sports arena. Halls are so narrow you can barely move if needing to piss eat or buy merch. Also pretty crappy sound.
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    Nissan Pavilion in Bristow, Va. is pretty awful, but I'd rather have PJ play ANYWHERE in the D.C. area than not at all. :) Plus, I like being able to see the band from anywhere than sit at the back of the floor at the Verizon Center and be stuck seeing a bunch of people's heads.

The Virginia Beach Amphitheater is awesome, but they won't hit it up two years in a row. Maybe in another 8 years!
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Dercheef wrote:
    Oh and the alcohol policy is a nightmare there. It takes the staff minutes to figure out if your ID or passport is valid or not. It's not even important to them how old you are. Wtf?

and then if you are international, did not bring your passport to the show, and have 2 forms of id showing that you are over 25, they still will not serve you!
    Exactly, it was not possible to get a beer there with my german id (which is good enough to get through airport security in europe). The second night I had to bring my passport with me in order to get a beer and even then it took ten minutes of arguing to get something with alcohol. They even checked my passport for that green visa/card you get at the airport (if that little thing had anything to do with it). It was a kinda embarrassing experience and I won't see a show at the comcast center ever again.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II