Better than a beer with Vedder? (Pics)

2»

Comments

• WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Hey All,

I worked for Magic Hat Brewing Company for three years when I got out of college. I was the Boston, Portsmouth, and NYC Brewery Rep.

It is an awesome company and they (we) totally love(d) Pearl Jam.

The owner is a completly down to earth, nice guy. My highlight working for them was A.) Brewing a giant batch of Bob's 1st Ale with Bob Johnson, the other founder and original brew master B.) Being a small time sponsor for Phish's The Great Went and getting to swill Magic Hat out of the Keg with Mike Gordon and the crew and C.) Riding for Team Magic Hat for two Boston to NYC Aids Rides.

I'm in California now and miss the beer so much, although a lot has changed. They no longer sell the greatest beer of all time 'Heart of Darkness'. Fucking love(d) it.

I used to come across those Eddie Vedder caps quite a bit. In fact we had a meeting where we threw out funny sayings.

I'd love to claim that Eddie saying as being mine..... but I don't really remember.

I think I have a few glasses and t-shirts laying around somewhere....
    I used to give tons of this stuff away at Brew Festivals, Beer Dinners, and at promotions.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Wilds wrote:
    Hey All,

I worked for Magic Hat Brewing Company for three years when I got out of college. I was the Boston, Portsmouth, and NYC Brewery Rep.

It is an awesome company and they (we) totally love(d) Pearl Jam.

The owner is a completly down to earth, nice guy. My highlight working for them was A.) Brewing a giant batch of Bob's 1st Ale with Bob Johnson, the other founder and original brew master B.) Being a small time sponsor for Phish's The Great Went and getting to swill Magic Hat out of the Keg with Mike Gordon and the crew and C.) Riding for Team Magic Hat for two Boston to NYC Aids Rides.

I'm in California now and miss the beer so much, although a lot has changed. They no longer sell the greatest beer of all time 'Heart of Darkness'. Fucking love(d) it.

I used to come across those Eddie Vedder caps quite a bit. In fact we had a meeting where we threw out funny sayings.

I'd love to claim that Eddie saying as being mine..... but I don't really remember.

I think I have a few glasses and t-shirts laying around somewhere....
    I used to give tons of this stuff away at Brew Festivals, Beer Dinners, and at promotions.

You know Brittany, the Atlanta Rep from SC?
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    No. I worked there from 1996-1999.

We had not expanded outside of New England, except for Brooklyn and Manhattan and Baltimore. Baltimore was a test market at first and then grew into a regular territory.

Then we went through Brooklyn Breweries to expand into New York. I got to open that market for around 4 or 5 months, then I moved to South Korea to teach ESL.

Now I think they are in upstate New York and into the south.
  • AtlantaJammerAtlantaJammer Posts: 2,611
    Wilds wrote:
    No. I worked there from 1996-1999.

We had not expanded outside of New England, except for Brooklyn and Manhattan and Baltimore. Baltimore was a test market at first and then grew into a regular territory.

Then we went through Brooklyn Breweries to expand into New York. I got to open that market for around 4 or 5 months, then I moved to South Korea to teach ESL.

Now I think they are in upstate New York and into the south.

Gotcha. I worked for a budweiser distributor an we recently gotMagic Hat back in Feb of 08' I think. Good beer. Did really well here in Atlanta for the first 6 months or so then died off. Georgia just got Yuengling Jan1 of 09' so Im sure that had something to do with it...
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    funnygirl wrote:
    As a huge beer fan...I wanted to find out how easy it might be to find one of these...I wrote into Magic hat here is their response:

Hello, Lani!

Thanks for writing in. We don’t discriminate when it comes to bottle caps and beers. It’s completely and wonderfully random which caps get placed on which bottles. This means you might have to drink a lot of Magic Hat to get that Vedder cap. We here in the Magic Hat Marketing Department are HUGE Pearl Jam fans, so you have our full support in your quest to find this cap. We wish you the best. Let us know when you’ve found it!

Cheers,
    The Voice

I'm gonna be drinking this all summer now! My quest begins! I love beer, so I won't be an issue! :lol:

LOL!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • pjbugs007pjbugs007 Posts: 1,235
    I just scored one last night:) yippie!!!!!!!!!
  • orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    too bad magic hat tastes like feet.
    Jam out with your clam out.
    long red wrote:
    too bad magic hat tastes like feet.

prolly vedders feet?
  • jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    i just recently worked my liver into a frenzy drinking this stuff over the past two weeks... still no ed cap...not only does all my money go to this band, but now my liver too
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
    keep drinking...then you can become an alkeeee...then you can sue pj and magic hat!!:) then you can retire!!
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    The MH Brewery is in Burlington, VT, so if you're ever near there, stop by. We did years ago and had a beer tasting of all their beers. It was a great place to visit. :D
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I wish i could find some of this beer
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis