Options

Always go with 10C seats??

jlarson75jlarson75 Posts: 113
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Are 10C tickets ALWAYS preferable to general public tickets?? I have a pretty high number (joined 4/08), so I'm just trying to figure out if it's even worth it (apart for the lottery issue). Thanks!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Does the fact that not ONE of the 75 people who looked at this thread mean that I shouldn't even bother?? I obviously don't feel entitled to anything and wouldn't buy 10C tickets if I would be worse off than buying them during the general public sale. Come on guys, a little help!!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i'll talk to ya ;)

but i don't have much to tell ya....i've only got 10c tix for pj once ('06) and i was on the floor even with the soundboard...number # 324xxx so do with that what you will.... :D
  • Options
    Thank you, norm. I was starting to get a complex.
  • Options
    LongRoadLongRoad Posts: 421
    Always depends on venue.
    A number like that will put you pretty far back in most places, but then again if they start on the floor (in seated venues) and then move up to the sides you can get lucky and get a good side view seat.

I'd still go with 10C seats, I doubt you will get anything better at general public sale.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    jlarson75 wrote:

no prob :)

and as longroad said, it does depend on the venue....boston/ny....shit seats

Albuquerque....probably good seats

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Here is a post I made about a possible show in Atlanta and how I would compare Ten Club seats with Ticketsheyster seats.
    Wilds wrote:

3. For a regular Pearl Jam show, GA is not very common anymore in the states. If you score Ten Club seats they will generally be really good, but not 2nd row good. This depends on two factors (as of the last tour).

1st thing is seniority. The better your Ten Club number the better your seats. Here is a wild guess about where you seats might be if Pearl Jam came to the ATL. (Being that it will be a pretty hot show based on geographic location, lack of recent shows in the ATL, and because the reputation of shows in that city is good.

Ten Club #10,000 - 3rd row center stage.
    Ten Club #100,000 - 5th row Mike's Side
    Ten Club #200,000 - 11th row or in an arena perhaps in the lodge 1st 5 rows Stone's side close to stage.
    Ten Club #300,000 - 17th row or in an arena perhaps in the lodge center ice.
    Ten Club #400,000 - In the building. :D (these will be pretty good too.....)

The 2nd thing is the random lottery. During the last tour EVERYONE had a shot at sitting in rows 1,2,9, and 10.

So if you hit the lottery you could be right up front with out some 6 foot 3 sweaty dude riding your backside and another giant in front of you blocking your view, and then without three of their buddies joining them and pushing you back from the spot you grabbed by being 1st in line. And you can leave to use the bathroom and when you come back your seat is waiting for you. So better than GA IMO.

Have a great time.... and there is a VERY good chance that the seats will be even better than I'm guessing. It all depends on how many 10 Clubbers go to the show and how good those #'s are.

Might give some indication of what you ask?
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    jlarson75 wrote:

no prob :)

I actually found that I had better seats in NY than I did in Toronto. I thought for sure it would be the other way around. Different tour though, so that probably made all the difference.
  • Options
    That helps...thank you! I was actually at Boston 2 in 1998- bought tickets from TM and thought they were pretty good...so maybe my definition of "good" will lead to a pleasant surprise if I can manage to get 10C tickets.
  • Options
    I always go 10 club, but that's because I have a decent number. In your case, you would most likely be able to score better seats through TM if you were to buy single tickets.
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I always go 10 club, but that's because I have a decent number. In your case, you would most likely be able to score better seats through TM if you were to buy single tickets.

Yeah.... If going for a single ticket your chances of scoring a pretty good TM ticket is high.

but for pairs I think Ten Club is the way to go. Plus..... if you try to get 10 Club seats and get shut out, TM becomes your 2nd chance, not your 1st.
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Was everyone automatically in the lottery when they bought tix?? Did it cost extra? someone please explain? :geek:
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    norm wrote:

Ha ha, I was in the front row in Albuquerque back in 2000! Different seating strategy/guidelines back then... but yeah, the smaller cities have less people get ten club tickets to them.

However, you are assuming that they would actually PLAY in Albuquerque...which they haven't since...2000. :(

But pretty much any venue I think HAS to be better than your ATTEMPT at going through Ticketmaster. Yes, shows like MSG have lots of ten clubbers wanting to attend. But even back in 2003, I believe the ticket instructions said something along the lines of "Ten Club has the best seats in the house, starting in front of the stage and going back." They will also have great close seats in the side sections. I had side tickets at State College that were awesome (about 3 rows up from the floor, but elevated, could see everything).

IF you can score Ten Club tickets, even with high numbers, I think your chances at decent seats has gotta be a lot better than TM. Maybe that's why no one replied at first....they don't want to compete with you buying tickets... ;)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Ha ha, I was in the front row in Albuquerque back in 2000! Different seating strategy/guidelines back then... but yeah, the smaller cities have less people get ten club tickets to them.

However, you are assuming that they would actually PLAY in Albuquerque...which they haven't since...2000. :(

But pretty much any venue I think HAS to be better than your ATTEMPT at going through Ticketmaster. Yes, shows like MSG have lots of ten clubbers wanting to attend. But even back in 2003, I believe the ticket instructions said something along the lines of "Ten Club has the best seats in the house, starting in front of the stage and going back." They will also have great close seats in the side sections. I had side tickets at State College that were awesome (about 3 rows up from the floor, but elevated, could see everything).

IF you can score Ten Club tickets, even with high numbers, I think your chances at decent seats has gotta be a lot better than TM. Maybe that's why no one replied at first....they don't want to compete with you buying tickets... ;)

Maybe! I'm in California...thankfully not the East Coast!