Options

GEN ADMISSION SHOWS??

parrotheadparrothead Posts: 101
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I thought they said they would never do gen admission shows after what happend in 2000?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    parrothead wrote:
    I thought they said they would never do gen admission shows after what happend in 2000?
    Weird; they have done some for festivals though
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    parrothead wrote:

San Francisco was G.A. in 2006 ... I know Munich was G.A. in 2007 as well ...

There are improvements made to prevent what has happened in the past, new fencing (which has a center section jutting into the crowd for easier access by security) ... also, that was a festival, WAY more people. Heck, they play festivals all the time.

Also, the band was pretty vigilant during the show ... calming the crowd down, threatening to play slower tunes if people didn't cooperate with one another (I kow they did this in SF in 06).

They have the seated option if you're afraid of the floor.

I think they are doing plenty.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    parrothead wrote:

Other than maybe 2 shows all the shows in Europe in 2006/7 were GA (and with 10c you didn't have an option to buy seats) ... in Europe it's pretty unusual for a rock show to be all seating,
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    jaw72jaw72 Posts: 28
    any idea if the tenclub standing tickets will be sectioned off from the other floor tickets.
    i think theres normally a crowd barrier behind the fanclub (as in dublin 2006) or is it going to be a free for all :shock:
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    where have you been? :? :?:
    both the 2006 and 2007 euro tours were GA, as were a handful of small venue US dates.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    jaw72 wrote:
    any idea if the tenclub standing tickets will be sectioned off from the other floor tickets.
    i think theres normally a crowd barrier behind the fanclub (as in dublin 2006) or is it going to be a free for all :shock:
    Maybe, no telling. We have no early entry (except Berlin), but they could give us a golden circle wristband if there is a golden circle. Or it might be a free for all :?
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    fowls wrote:
    jaw72 wrote:
    Maybe, no telling. We have no early entry (except Berlin), but they could give us a golden circle wristband if there is a golden circle. Or it might be a free for all :?

i've seen pj 8x in europe, all with 10c tix...and only once was there ever a barrier dividing 10c from other fans: dusseldorf. otherwise, 10c usually got 15 minute early entry, and then everyone mixed together.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    doesnt look like we getting early entry this time either, cant see why..
    not looking forward to the q to get tickets at venue, early entry would make it bearable :D:D
    still we have a tour at last!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol: