Options

New Album will be sooner than you think...

2»

Comments

• Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    The sooner the better.
    +1
    when it comes it comes, i still believe it will be some time in autumn (fall) 09
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,554
    JJ42005 wrote:
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I have never seen a band start a tour, then release an album, then play more dates.

hmm.. PJ toured in late 05, Canada, South America, a few in the States. Avocado come out in 06. Then toured more in support of Avocado back to Canada and the States, the UK, all over Europe and then Austrailia... I am just sayin..

That was a year prior. And they had a whole new ticketing system then, that they were trying to test.

While its possible that the 4 euro dates are "warm up" shows, they woulndt need to raise money for the album, if its coming out a few weeks later. That album would already be processed and possibly shipped at that point.

Im just sayin, it could come out earlier than expected, like Avocado did.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,593
    I dont know - when I saw them at the London, Astoria in 2006, it was about 2 moths before Avocado was released! Didnt know half the set-list...They usually try out their new stuff on a smaller audience before rockin out in the states
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,554
    I dont know - when I saw them at the London, Astoria in 2006, it was about 2 moths before Avocado was released! Didnt know half the set-list...They usually try out their new stuff on a smaller audience before rockin out in the states

How many shows did they play around that time?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I am thinking July or Early August.

I see no reason why they would schedule dates in August, and not have the new album out before hand.

They would not be able to play many new songs from the album.....I have never seen a band start a tour, then release an album, then play more dates.

July is my guess, although I woulndt be totally surprised if it was even earlier than than.

Dave Matthews Band just did this this spring. They planned to have it out before the tour, but they didn't get it done. I am not sure touring and the release of an album go hand in hand.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    CrookedTom wrote:
    Didn't Ed say they couldn't tour this year, cause there is a baby on its way for one of them?

The way I see it is as follows:

These Euro shows are a warm up to the festival date in San Fran. New album out in Sept/Oct. World tour begins early 2010.

That, or the album won't be out this year, and this is just a mini tour (like South America in 05)

Your forgetting about Austin City Limits festival. They will be announced tomorrow and I bet we see plenty of dates from August to October. After that it's anyone's guess.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    JJ42005JJ42005 Posts: 119
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

That was a year prior. And they had a whole new ticketing system then, that they were trying to test.

While its possible that the 4 euro dates are "warm up" shows, they woulndt need to raise money for the album, if its coming out a few weeks later. That album would already be processed and possibly shipped at that point.

Im just sayin, it could come out earlier than expected, like Avocado did.

nope.. not a year prior.. it was 4-5 months prior...

Matter of fact.. PJ ended 05 on 12/10/05 - Palacio de los Deportes, Mexico City, Mexico.

and the first time they fully debuted Avocado in concert was 04/20/06 - Astoria, London, UK.
  • Options
    brucebruce Posts: 384

um... your math is a little off.... the London, Asoria show was Apr 20, 2006... Avacado came out 11 days later, not two months.... and it was the ONLY show where the band played those songs before the album came out.

Look folks, looks like you might get to hear one or two new songs... but i'm willing to bet my membership # that if you go to any show before the new ablum is released, you won't hear much new stuff.
    Writing checks that others pay.....

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    ninth album comes out 9/9/09

:D
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    rodent wrote:
    On August 18th 1993 I saw my first Pearl Jam concert. The majority of the songs that they played were unfamiliar to most of the audience. why? because it was songs from the upcoming album (Vs.) to be released on October 19th 1993.
    It's not out of the ordinary for these guys to play new material before an album is released.

That's true of the old days, but has kind of dwindled quite a bit on recent albums. They were touring in 2005, no doubt after a lot of Avocado had been written, but none of the songs were played until it got much closer to the release (like the club show, etc the week of release)...except Comatose I think.

Same thing with Binaural & Riot Act. Most of those songs, other than one or two at Bridge School or something, were never played "ahead of time." But Vs, Vitalogy, those albums they played lots of the songs way before it came out. I wouldn't anticipate hearing much new material unless the album release is within a month of the shows or something....maybe one song....

Maybe they ought to bring it back then. Seems to me those albums where the material was road tested were much stronger. Perhaps if they tried to play some of this stuff live before putting it on an album they'd realize how many crappy songs they stuck on the last few albums and then felt obligated to play in concert.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    norm wrote:

works for me! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,274
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    I am thinking July or Early August.

I see no reason why they would schedule dates in August, and not have the new album out before hand.

They would not be able to play many new songs from the album.....I have never seen a band start a tour, then release an album, then play more dates.

July is my guess, although I woulndt be totally surprised if it was even earlier than than.

hope so!
    danny d
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    norm wrote:

;)
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I like this 8-)
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    norm wrote:

;)
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I like this 8-)
    that would be perfect :lol:
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    norm wrote:

I like the way you think . . . :D
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Just missed Tuesday, as it's a Wednesday. So alas, most likely not on 09/09/09 :(
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

Just missed Tuesday, as it's a Wednesday. So alas, most likely not on 09/09/09 :(

if they're self releasing the album, they can release it any day they want ;):D
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    norm wrote:
    norm wrote:

if they're self releasing the album, they can release it any day they want ;):D

oooooooooooooooooooo...i really LIKE that!
    09.09.09....9th album...they should simply entitle it "9"...hahaha. hey, they already had a ten. ;)
    and then sure, full-out autumn, early winter tour!
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    brolocobroloco Posts: 1,237
    09.09.09....9th album...they should simply entitle it "9"...hahaha.

that would be awesome! for real. it's simple, classic, slightly funny: 9.
    also, possible Beatles nod.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    broloco wrote:
    well according to this site it's may 15th! ha, ha:

http://www.vanleest.nl/is-bin/INTERSHOP ... leaselijst

I REALLY hope thats true. I REALLY doubt it though.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,436
    :lol::lol::lol: someone said they need more $$$$$$$$ to finish the record :o that is some funny shit ..they need more $$$$$$ :lol::lol::lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,460
    Maybe they ought to bring it back then. Seems to me those albums where the material was road tested were much stronger. Perhaps if they tried to play some of this stuff live before putting it on an album they'd realize how many crappy songs they stuck on the last few albums and then felt obligated to play in concert.

I sure hope they come back to Europe, so close but can't attend duting August. NIN in july will have to do untill PJ returns in 2010...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    :lol::lol::lol: someone said they need more $$$$$$$$ to finish the record :o that is some funny shit ..they need more $$$$$$ :lol::lol::lol:

I hear that they're busking on the streets of Seattle and as soon as the guitar
    case has enough money in it they rush off and work on a track.

It's been slow going with all the rain out there.
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...