Options

standing/seating ticket option - is that new?

drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Just curious if the two venues that have standing/seating options is a new thing? Looks like the layouts are similar to venues like the United Center or any arena in the US but in the US they just have seating for the floor area.

I'm kind of hoping they don't do standing here just for the sake of getting good TC tickets :)

Plus I was thinking they would never do that again, but obviously its a much smaller and more controlled environment than festival shows.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    yes, I believe this is the first time 10C has offered this option. I think it's a great idea for GA arena shows. hopefully the US shows are still assigned seating.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    non-entity wrote:
    yes, I believe this is the first time 10C has offered this option. I think it's a great idea for GA arena shows. hopefully the US shows are still assigned seating.
    Agreed; I HATE GA shows.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    non-entity wrote:
    Agreed; I HATE GA shows.
    Yeah... GA shows are just... well... unpredictable. Sometimes you're near people who actually want to listen to the concert and then others you spend most of your time fending off elbows/pushing/idiots who just want to be in the middle of a crowd trying to see who can top each other in being the worlds biggest douchebag.

I can't think of the last time I saw a PJ show in an arena that was not seated though, so I'm guessing they would still go that route.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    non-entity wrote:
    At least you have an option now. Although with no early entry for 10c tickets GA doesn't seem as appealling :o
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    jecicajecica Posts: 954
    Yes, PJ realizes that their fans are getting older and most of us can't stand for a couple of hours. See they listen and think of the fans. :)
    Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.... (Voltaire)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    drsluggo wrote:
    non-entity wrote:
    Agreed; I HATE GA shows.
    Yeah... GA shows are just... well... unpredictable. Sometimes you're near people who actually want to listen to the concert and then others you spend most of your time fending off elbows/pushing/idiots who just want to be in the middle of a crowd trying to see who can top each other in being the worlds biggest douchebag.

I can't think of the last time I saw a PJ show in an arena that was not seated though, so I'm guessing they would still go that route.
    euh...but when it's GA and you find yourself near some idiots you CAN move...with seated you're stuck!
    GA rules
  • Options
    surforiasurforia SoCal Posts: 346
    Sorry, but GA is what it's all about... When they play Lukin, I wanna see the pit go off... If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen (ie - move back 3 - 6 feet)... Nothing worse than people defending their 2.5 feet of floor space when other people want to move around and start it up... Not all of PJ fans are too old to go to still be going to punk shows... When PJ plays their punk songs, the crowd should be able to react like a punk crowd (with security concerns, of course)... Just because the floor is moving doesn't mean you're not gonna get picked up if you fall down... this isn't NuMetal.
    9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 8/18/00, 10/8/00, 10/9/00, 4/28/03, 6/22/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/2/04, 10/5/04, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/28/06, 6/20/08, 6/25/08, 10/27/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/22/16, 9/26/21, 10/1/21, 10/2/21, 5/3/22, 5/6/22
  • Options
    surforia wrote:
    Sorry, but GA is what it's all about... When they play Lukin, I wanna see the pit go off... If you can't stand the heat, get outta the kitchen (ie - move back 3 - 6 feet)....
    i guess... although I would wonder why the people that want to get a pit going can't do it 3-6 feet back so you're not trying to interfere/displace/hit/annoy/whatever the people that are watching the concert.