Options

REALLY GOOD NEWS...REALLY!!!

edited April 2009 in The Porch
At least now we know how the PJ pre-sales are gonna work once they release USA tour dates...

I, for one, am happy with the system they are using for the European dates...we can just buy 'em, not hope for 'em...and I know we all kinda figured as much, but still a relief to know...

WHEW!!!!!! :)
"No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    ditto
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    really? people are liking this?

I think it's really unfair to the people who are going to miss out because they werent on the computer that very minute. I think US shows will go a lot faster. this doesnt give anybody any time to plan.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    Seems to me it looks a lot like the 2006-2008 method. Do you mean they released them all at once rather than a few cities at a time? certain cities are going to sell out faster than others no matter what.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Dissident67Dissident67 Posts: 565
    non-entity wrote:

I think it's really unfair to the people who are going to miss out because they werent on the computer that very minute. I think US shows will go a lot faster. this doesnt give anybody any time to plan.

yeah last years garden shows were sold out in minutes as well as quite a few of the other east coast shows, so will the system be fair or will there be the most epic bitching and moaning this board has ever seen if they used this system in the u.s.? only time shall tell....
    "Change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks"
  • Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I like the system. We all know it's coming from the tweets; if you're not by a computer too bad.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,883
    Seems to me it looks a lot like the 2006-2008 method. Do you mean they released them all at once rather than a few cities at a time? certain cities are going to sell out faster than others no matter what.

no, I mean that on prior tours, they said here are the dates, pre-sales will happen later this week at these times.

now its, here are the dates, tickets are on sale now, go get em.

anyone in europe who wasnt sitting at the computer in the last hour is gonna be SOL. at least give us a heads up of what time these things are gonna be posted.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    vduboisevduboise Posts: 1,937
    non-entity wrote:

no, I mean that on prior tours, they said here are the dates, pre-sales will happen later this week at these times.

anyone in europe who wasnt sitting at the computer in the last hour is gonna be SOL. at least give us a heads up of what time these things are gonna be posted.

well- that is what the tweet was about. At around 10am PST is when they generally get started over at the 10C. So, I was on at that time to see whats up.
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    non-entity wrote:

i can see what you're saying but the email telling everyone to have their membership up-to-date gave yesterdays date... it's kinda given that they would then be doing something the day after...

the system appears to have worked well this time... no doubt someone will be upset but that always happens.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    non-entity wrote:

I see what you are saying, I was surprised tickets were on sale today, I thought it would just be an announcement.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    non-entity wrote:

I agree. I am not a fan of starting the ticket sales the moment you announce the shows.
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    At least now we know how the PJ pre-sales are gonna work once they release USA tour dates...

I, for one, am happy with the system they are using for the European dates...we can just buy 'em, not hope for 'em...and I know we all kinda figured as much, but still a relief to know...

WHEW!!!!!! :)

No taking off of a few days work just to order tix.This will be welcome news to me,as vacation day's are hard to come by and shouldn't have to be used to order tix.
    So i guess this means that as long as you can place an order the 1st day,you will not get shut out of tix,or at least in the first few hours onsale.
    Remember though,that these are alot of general admission shows,so tix will be easier to get and should be for sale longer.

In USA,show's will sell out of ten club tix much quicker,as almost all shows are sure to be reserved seating.
    and the ten club only gets roughly 10% of the venues tix.I assume they will be snapped up the 1st day of presale.

as long as i know what day the usa presale starts(hopefully a monday,as i have monday's off!),then i wont have a problem getting the tix i want for whatever show's i want to go to.That is unless this sites keeps crashing :o :shock:
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I would just like to plan what shows I can make it to and not before I buy the tickets... When we had a few day warning it gave me the chance to figure out my funds and if I could swin further away dates...and if I had friend who I could stay with or go to shows with.

I fear that with this way there might be a good number of un used tickets since people will buy them right away and have to plan after.

But what ever they do I am happy to have a shot at 10c tix... So I really shouldn't complain...but I did ;)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,506
    aNiMaL wrote:
    non-entity wrote:

I agree. I am not a fan of starting the ticket sales the moment you announce the shows.

Agreed, as well.

A couple of days notice would be great.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    LOV2ROCKLOV2ROCK Minneapolis/St.Paul Posts: 822
    aNiMaL wrote:
    non-entity wrote:

i think they put em on sale as soon as they announce the shows,to try and prevent tons of people trying for tix at one given time (ie.......for when they would list the exact date and time that show's would be onsale).
    This way people slowly find out about the show's and not everyone is sitting at there computer all at the same time and it boggs down or even crashes the site.
    That's just my theory :D
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    no we mean ZERO notice to see what you can or cannot do.
    so you'll end up with lots of people having bought tickets they turn out not be able to use.

do they really expect people to know within 5 minutes if they can take leave? (I can but I'm an exception since I don't have a permanent job)
    it's a stupid system.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    LOV2ROCK wrote:
    In USA,show's will sell out of ten club tix much quicker,as almost all shows are sure to be reserved seating.
    and the ten club only gets roughly 10% of the venues tix.I assume they will be snapped up the 1st day of presale.

I'm just wondering if they had more tix this time. Last tour 10C tickets for Europe did sell out in a matter of minutes (except for a couple of the 'weirder' ones - festivals). Today, they are still available after a while... makes one wonder.

I don't think it's lack of takers... just maybe a bit more tix for 10C.
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I don't wanna mention the 'R' word, but simply put, people can't afford to go anymore. I'm lucky, I have a job and I can take off whenever I want pretty much, and I've nothing else to pay for really. Also, the US folks aren't involved yet.

I have enjoyed the non-stress of buying tickets, but I don't enjoy not thinking fully about it beforehand. I knew a tour was coming up, but I was aiming for Nov-Dec time. Anyway, I ain't gonna complain anymore (hopefully!) :D
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Options
    KingJeremyDKingJeremyD Posts: 2,313
    It will be the same bullshit tour announcement as last tour...Announce a few shows...After a couple weeks announce a few more shows...It's a joke..It isn't like they don't know shows are going to happen or not?..All it is marketing techinque..

Jeremy
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    KingJeremy wrote:
    ..Announce a few shows...After a couple weeks announce a few more shows...

As long as they announce another show in London BEFORE 15th August or a show somewhere north of Rome for the last two weeks of August, I will be happy 8-)