Options

Berlin???

lotalota Posts: 21
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJ SwedenPJ Sweden Posts: 855
    Yes please I love that arena! beautiful sound there too.
    Stockholm 1992-06-25
    Stockholm 2000-06-28
    Boston 2004-09-28
    Arnhem 2006-08-29
    Berlin 2006-09-23
    Copenhagen 2007-06-26
    Dublin 2010-06-22
    Berlin 2010-06-30
    Copenhagen 2012-07-10
    Stockholm 2012-07-07
    Stockholm 2014-06-28
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    :o :shock: :P Oh my god! Where did you get this from? Thought the Tweet was about some possible Ed solo Europe shows?
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    Yay! :)
    I'm definitely going there.. not too far from me ;)
    :mrgreen: this is getting so exciting.
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    SpinTheBlackCircle74SpinTheBlackCircle74 Posts: 1,392
    edited April 2009
    How far away is he arena from the Berlin airport? Some cheap and nice hotels nearby?
    Post edited by SpinTheBlackCircle74 on
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
  • Options
    grr... you know... Really was hoping for a spring '10 european tour so I could go back packing.
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    bernmodibernmodi Posts: 631
    How long is this arena from the Berling airport? Some cheap and nice hotels nearby?
    I was staying at the Aparthotel an der Spree in 2006. Nice, not too expensive and just a five minutes walk to the venue. Don't know about the airport though, sorry.
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Dumb question follows...

Is this a festival or an arena? I couldn't translate the page from German to English!

EDIT::: Just read some of the posts above...you say its arena! Whahey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    I just hope the weather is going to be just as great as in 2006. That was a wonderful day to rock out.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    I just hope the weather is going to be just as great as in 2006. That was a wonderful day to rock out.

Yep - that was an amazing day. I remember we got to the park at around 1.30pm and still managed to be on the barrier in front of Stone - ah good memories!
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    WOW! I really thought the tweet was going to be for Ed, but maybe we will see the whole band playing a little Euro tour in August! Pretty cool.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Lone WolfLone Wolf Posts: 1,023
    BeerBaron wrote:
    WOW! I really thought the tweet was going to be for Ed, but maybe we will see the whole band playing a little Euro tour in August! Pretty cool.

Pretty cool indeed!
    Too bad I got a week´s vacation in Frnce planned for August 15th to 22nd....
    Never been to Berlin.....it´s high on my list along with Verona.....
    Dream the dreams of other men,...You´ll be no ones rival,...
    Dream the dreams of others then,... You will be no ones rival,...
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Pretty cool indeed!
    For all you know they could be playing in France some time during that week.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    BeerBaron wrote:

Pretty cool indeed!
    For all you know they could be playing in France some time during that week.

That would be awesome......didn´t even cross my mind!
    Thanks for lifting my spirit.....it is very much appreciated :mrgreen:
  • Options
    BenzBenz Posts: 117
    Oh Yes! What a year :-)
    Sorry for this question but it`s my first year in the tenclub. Do members get early access to tickets fo european shows? Do we get early entrance or first wave access?
    I remember in 2006 only the first in the waiting line could go into the area in front of the stage. Will tenclub members get access there too?

Can`t wait! This will be great but it will be impossible to top 2006.
  • Options
    Benz wrote:
    Sorry for this question but it`s my first year in the tenclub. Do members get early access to tickets fo european shows? Do we get early entrance or first wave access?
    I remember in 2006 only the first in the waiting line could go into the area in front of the stage. Will tenclub members get access there too?

If there´s a 10C ticket sale and you manage to get tickets you´re allowed early access.

However most European shows are GA which means no 10C tickets and thus no early access.......you have to be early to get up front....
  • Options
    HinnHinn Posts: 1,517
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Benz wrote:

If there´s a 10C ticket sale and you manage to get tickets you´re allowed early access.

However most European shows are GA which means no 10C tickets and thus no early access.......you have to be early to get up front....
    The 6 headlining shows in 07 were all GA, all with 10c allocations with early access. Obviously there'll never be 10c allocations at festivals.
    115 bucks for half a haircut by a novice? I want my money back!
  • Options
    worldsrivalworldsrival Posts: 260
    Hinn were you able to get 10C tix or were they not available for non-euro members?

if nothing is everything i would have it all
  • Options
    Hinn wrote:
    Lone Wolf wrote:
    Benz wrote:

The 6 headlining shows in 07 were all GA, all with 10c allocations with early access. Obviously there'll never be 10c allocations at festivals.

Cool, thanks for that....wasn´t sure if the headlining shows had early access for 10C members....
  • Options
    See you guys in Berlin! :) Can't believe how easy it was to score tickets!
  • Options
    NoLogoNoLogo Posts: 289
    edited April 2009
    yes! i also got my ticket pair! :D by the way, is there any restriction of how many ticket pairs you can buy? maybe i have to order an extra pair for some friends...
    okay, now I know... I just tried to order an extra pair. not possible, it´s restricted to 1 per person.

see you in berlin!
    Post edited by NoLogo on
  • Options
    Eligible Ten Club members are allowed to purchase two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets are sold.

It's the same as usual. 2 per member.
  • Options
    thanks! just found out by myself when i tried to order an extra pair..
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    NoLogo wrote:
    thanks! just found out by myself when i tried to order an extra pair..

Well, good thing is, there wasn't anything fishy in the announcement, because i, too, read it AFTER buying. :D
    Post edited by ScrapeMySky on
  • Options
    BERLIN I'M COMING!!!!!!!! :D

woohooo

(I bought tix to Rotterdam & Berlin) :mrgreen: *faints*

I'm so ******* HAPPY!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Berlin tickets are quite expensive in comparison to the others. Is it because of this?

"**Special “Early Entry” for Ten Club members at Berlin Wulheide. Details upon confirmation."

Maybe we have to pay extra, because we'll get some extras .... special early entry means ed solo pre-set? ;)
  • Options
    Maybe it means they plan on screwing up the entry like in Dusseldorf 07 and render the opening act a 10c-only show :D
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    finnannie wrote:
    BERLIN I'M COMING!!!!!!!! :D

woohooo

(I bought tix to Rotterdam & Berlin) :mrgreen: *faints*

I'm so ******* HAPPY!!!!! :D

Us too! And Manchester and London :shock: :lol: !
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    NoLogo wrote:
    Berlin tickets are quite expensive in comparison to the others. Is it because of this?

"**Special “Early Entry” for Ten Club members at Berlin Wulheide. Details upon confirmation."

Maybe we have to pay extra, because we'll get some extras .... special early entry means ed solo pre-set? ;)

The "special" part has be especially excited about this!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!