mayor will wynn confirmed it today on 101X

hoo rayyyyy
mean people suck!
but nice people sw****w

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Nice ! BTW, I've met him before and he's a douchebag.
  • Options
    http://krox.com/Promos/ACL09/RumorMill.aspx
    this is on the krox website.

i am way stoked.

and well, they mayor isnt going to be mayor for very long.

i'm hoping leslie gets it.... j/k

thank god im moving back to austin and buying a home.
    i think pj was just waiting for me ;)
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    http://krox.com/Promos/ACL09/RumorMill.aspx
    this is on the krox website.

i am way stoked.

and well, they mayor isnt going to be mayor for very long.

i'm hoping leslie gets it.... j/k

thank god im moving back to austin and buying a home.
    i think pj was just waiting for me ;)

Hehehe... Leslie would be entertaining wouldnt he ??!!
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    If you're moving back, be sure to check the property taxes on any home you think about purchasing. The already ridiculous taxes are going to be raised again because of some so-called "shortfall" in the city/county budgets. I'd sure like to study the ledger sometime because Austin's streets, schools and police response time SUCK. Where's all that money going.......hmmm??????? :o
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    yeah, we actually bought a house up in cedar park. taxes are pretty high, but apparently not as bad as other places.

I already told my wife that i might ditch her on sunday and sit by the main stage all day.

glad i already have wristbands
    mean people suck!
    but nice people sw****w

• Options
    DDtxDDtx Posts: 21
    I'm so ridiculously stoked - this is about the only thing that will make me brave ACL again (choked on the dust last time! :lol: 14 years is WAY too long to go without Peal Jam in Austin! Countin the days...
  • Options
    DDtx wrote:
    I'm so ridiculously stoked - this is about the only thing that will make me brave ACL again (choked on the dust last time! :lol: 14 years is WAY too long to go without Peal Jam in Austin! Countin the days...

I had no idea it's been that long. I moved from the East Coast where there were pretty much shows galore. They better damn well show Texas some love on the tour and not just leave us with ACL and all those non-hardcore jammers in the crowd. I don't mean that there aren't lots of PJ fans around here, but I'm used to large concert crowds being NOTHING BUT.... :D
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,590
    weenie wrote:
    DDtx wrote:

I had no idea it's been that long. I moved from the East Coast where there were pretty much shows galore. They better damn well show Texas some love on the tour and not just leave us with ACL and all those non-hardcore jammers in the crowd. I don't mean that there aren't lots of PJ fans around here, but I'm used to large concert crowds being NOTHING BUT.... :D

It's been 14 years since they've played atx and 6 since they've played in the state of TX so don't plan on getting spoiled like in the NE. Their last show in Austin was my first PJ show and now literally half my life later they are finally coming back. Can't wait and I hope we get more TX shows along with ACL.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Thats cool. My wife and I have already got our tickets and a place to stay. Although the rumors of the other bands don't really have me that excited. I am thinking we should have chosen to go to Outside Lands instead. The only band rumored so far that is not at Outside lands that I would want to see again is Sonic Youth.
    When FASCISM Comes To America
    it will be wrapped in the FLAG and
    carrying a CROSS.
  • Options
    ComeToTX wrote:
    weenie wrote:
    DDtx wrote:

It's been 14 years since they've played atx and 6 since they've played in the state of TX so don't plan on getting spoiled like in the NE. Their last show in Austin was my first PJ show and now literally half my life later they are finally coming back. Can't wait and I hope we get more TX shows along with ACL.

Well, they say they'll play the "west", and to me, that's Texas. Some folks like to include TX in the south.... huh?
    If Texas is indeed in the "west" as far as PJ goes, I'm figuring Houston and Dallas at the least? I'm actually from Florida where they would usually play West Palm Beach, Tampa and Orlando, then on up to Atlanta. I read that when they did the Riot Act tour and played Dallas, that people got up and walked out. I feel certain that Dubya's presence in the White House is what kept them away from here. Man, I love it here...and the weather suits a former Floridian just fine. :D
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    DDtxDDtx Posts: 21
    Ya, ironic that Austin's slogan is "Live Music Capitol of the World" yet, we get almost no big ticket bands. Will be nice to get some PJ love along with some of the other bands at ACL. The official lineup is set to be released tomorrow :P
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    it'll be cool to see what other bands are playing. so far it's:
    Pearl Jam
    Kings of Leon
    B-52's
    John Legend
    Sonic Youth
    Mos Def
    Thievery Corporation
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    i am just awaiting the *official* ACL announcement so we NAs can get our own *tweet* for some US shows!
    *fingers crossed *
    :mrgreen:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i am just awaiting the *official* ACL announcement so we NAs can get our own *tweet* for some US shows!
    *fingers crossed *
    :mrgreen:

well, i'll be up late mixing. so i'll be checking the ACL boards regularly & as soon as it goes up, i'll try to post a link (if i'm awake!). i seem to recall the announcement coming right around midnight the last couple of years.

i hear ya..i'm ready for another tweet as well! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Oh man I hope there is a Dallas and Houston show (Fingers crossed). I would also like to see Kings of leon or Sonic youth open those shows if they happen. I'm trying to remain optimistic, so I'm thinking since Texas didn't get any Ed solo shows, and we know the ACL is a go hopefully another Texas date or two.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12