Options

PJ ACL TV Show taping details?

mpavmpav Austin, TX Posts: 9
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Anyone know how to attend an ACL TV taping? It would be cool if the rumor was true and there was a Ten Club hookup!

Rumor on Austin newspaper site: http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/music/entries/2009/03/24/did_lickona_confirm_pearl_jam.html
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    it's hard. for a taping like this i'm guessing it will be at least 90% season ticket holders, who donate a lot of money to become season ticket holders. they give away space available tickets at random locations in austin a week or two before a show but most of those won't get in for PJ, i'm guessing. I've been to 4 tapings and it is amazing but i've given up hope on getting in for them and i even know someone that works there.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    How can I get tickets to a taping?
    Please call the KLRU Hotline at (512) 475-9077. The recorded message will detail the artist, taping date, time and which radio station(s) to listen to for the ticket distribution announcement. One or two working days before the taping the station will make the announcement stating the location of the ticket giveaway.

When you hear the announcement, go immediately to the location of the distribution to pick up a pair. Tickets go *very quickly*, sometimes within five minutes of the announced giveaway time. The free tickets are distributed by KLRU staff on a first-come, first-served basis. Two tickets per person are allowed. A ticket does NOT guarantee admission to a taping. KLRU will admit as many ticket holders as our capacity limit allows. That limit is set by the State Fire Marshal and is strictly enforced. In order to be assured of a full house for the taping, KLRU distributes tickets in excess of our capacity to account for "no-shows."
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    It will be damn near impossible to get into that taping.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    Insiders only pretty much.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options

Yeah, starting to sound like it. I didn't know virtually all the people at ACL tapings were sponsors, and not fans.. I thought it was the other way around. The festival is gonna be great, and I'm looking forward to it!!

Maybe we need to up the stakes to get a small venue show/tour at some point? I'll pay for the band's parking and buy the first round for everyone if we could get a Ten Club show downtown Austin! I'll need someone else to kick in for catering and lodging, though.. ;-)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    mpav wrote:

Yeah, starting to sound like it. I didn't know virtually all the people at ACL tapings were sponsors, and not fans.. I thought it was the other way around. The festival is gonna be great, and I'm looking forward to it!!

Maybe we need to up the stakes to get a small venue show/tour at some point? I'll pay for the band's parking and buy the first round for everyone if we could get a Ten Club show downtown Austin! I'll need someone else to kick in for catering and lodging, though.. ;-)
    stubbs baby and you never know about the taping PJ did get 10c tix for storytellers
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    stubbs would be awesome. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    Stubb's gets my vote as well.
  • Options
    I am beginning to wonder if we might see an Eddie solo show at Stubbs. That would be awesome and then maybe full on PJ in San Antonio. Stubbs would be ridiculous for Pearl Jam. That would just be wrong. I just saw Springsteen at the Erwin Center and I would not want to subject them to that horrible building.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    I am beginning to wonder if we might see an Eddie solo show at Stubbs. That would be awesome and then maybe full on PJ in San Antonio. Stubbs would be ridiculous for Pearl Jam. That would just be wrong. I just saw Springsteen at the Erwin Center and I would not want to subject them to that horrible building.

+1 Erwin Center is awful. Austin Music Hall, Stubbs or The Long Center.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    stubbs has a larger capacity than the vic

10C only show at stubbs, c'mon guys!