Options

Please play "Smile" for hippiemom at ACL!

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 14,002
    wolfbear wrote:
    I truly miss her. Such a great person! :)
    no truer words have ever been spoken on here than this. i used to love those late night chats with her on that gabbly chat. i used to kid around alot with her bout how much bob dylan sucked. she was gonna cd me his entire catalog on burnt cd's and a dvd or 2. i never gave her my addy cause i said I'd get around to it. so when i found out she died, i felt like shit and still do this day.

PLEASE PLAY SMILE AND ALL ALONG THE WATCHTOWER FOR HIPPIEMOM

btw-cool post iammine
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    you know laura never made it out to acl. she was set to one year, but some band decided to tour canada and she decided her money was best spent there. we all know that was the best choice. but she was always there with me. texts. phone calls during her fav artists so she could hear. phone calls to keep me company during set changes. lol. "hmama, i have to pee!" heck, at the end of each night, id go home, flip on the computer, turn on msn messenger, and id tell her EVERYTHING about my day at acl. we'd stay up to 3 or 4am even though i was dead tired and sore, much like i am now. i remember in 2006 i saw the raconteurs for the first time. when they were done, i immediately called her and proclaimed "its the best live show ive ever seen!". yes, she asked the obvious question and i wont get into my answer. lol. the very next day, i saw ben harper for the second time, he opened with voodoo child slight return that year, i called her immediately afterwards and proclaimed "dats the best live show i have EVER seen!". her reply was something like "wow, i wonder what jack feels like right about now". im rambling...

it just isnt the same. she should be sitting in my living room right about now. having wine. fighting with Moca(the cat). talking about how great Dave was tonight.

:(

i just realized tomorrow is gonna be emotional whether they play that stupid song or not.

thread/
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    you folks are so sweet,
    bumping this for hippiemom, it should be on the first page~
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    metsfan - I understand how you feel. I was going to write her a letter when she was having one of the worst times with her treatment...but life caught up with me and by the time I thought about really doing it, she was already gone. I felt so horrible and hated myself for it.

She and I didn't agree on some things, but I always admired how she carried herself in discussions and she was one of the most intelligent and educated women.

I took it offensive when she called us, the SUV drivers, stupid... and other names, I think. I was pretty pissed.

But now I laugh and say she's right.... and right now that SUV truck's transmission is shot with flat tire sitting in our driveway for at least a year and a half. In this neighborhood, it looks so ghetto!

Sometimes I catch myself going, "Shut up, Laura! I know what you are thinking! Hahaha..." :D

TheLostSoul - ((hugs)) - I hope you are not going alone....but be surrounded by friends tonight.

I may not hang around for the ACL setlist tonight... I am having some issues with someone working there tonight and it just gets under my skin, i can't help it... so hubby may take me to see Supersuckers tonight to get my mind distracted for a while. I'll check the thread when I get home tonight, if I go....

Try to have a good time, Charlie....she would be upset if you didn't!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Try to have a good time, Charlie....she would be upset if you didn't!

:D
    I miss you hippiemom.
  • Options
    hippies smile
  • Options
    aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Time differences suck.....
    Its still the arvo there....

Bump.. :)