Options

PJ TO HEADLINE ACL IN OCTOBER?

weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
edited April 2009 in The Porch
A close friend of mine who is a cop with the City of Austin PD told me that PJ is headlining ACL next October. Aso soon as I find out WHERE he got this info from, I'll update this post. Makes sense though since a fellow 10C member I met last year said they were due to headline in '08, but had to back out because of a baby that was due....

Anyone else in Austin, or Texas in general, heard anything about this?
:D
~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
Henry David Thoreau
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JK129204JK129204 Posts: 4
    I just bought 2 tickets. If you visit the ACL website they have a hint for headliners that is two pearls in clam cars running into each other (PEARL JAM)!!!!!! Also rumors they will be taping an episode of austin city limits on PBS.
  • Options
    Oh, THAT'S what that is supposed to be? Pretty lame. Just the same, I'm SO GLAD about the news!!
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    No way! I haven't heard anything about this the past 3 weeks multiple times. :lol:

Sorry, just being a sarcastic dick. It has been discussed at length around here lately.
  • Options
    Thanks all. Yeah, I've definitely been out of touch the past couple of weeks. Lots of shit going down. This is one bit of news that makes it all better though.
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    Confirmation by cartoon? We’ll take it. This has been posted on the ACL Fest Web site. Pearl Jam will also do a taping of the fest’s namesake TV show while they’re in town.

The band’s last appearance in Austin was in 1995 at Southpark Meadows.

Austin Music Source was the first to write that the Seattle rockers were the likely headliner, based on information from a C3 Presents insider. Other names revealed in March were Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon and Ghostland Observatory.

Meanwhile, Beastie Boys and Sonic Youth are both doing a tapings of “Austin City Limits” during the fest, so you can go ahead and put them on the list. Charles Attal of C3 would neither confirm nor deny those acts would be playing at Zilker Park Oct. 2- 4.

C3 may have timed today’s cartoon confirmation as to not be overshadowed by this morning’s announcement that Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys and Dave Matthews Band are headlining San Francisco’s Outside Lands Festival in late August at Golden Gate Park. Although Eddie Vedder and company don’t sell many records anymore, they’re a HUGE concert draw, the Grungeful Dead.

The lineup will be officially revealed April 28.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all