Options

Will Pearl Jam self release of album speed up the process?

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited April 2009 in The Porch
From what I understand, rumors/interviews, the new album is near completion..

Will Pearl Jam self-releasing this one speed up the process of getting it released? I mean, as soon as they get the final recordings done, tracklisting and artwork done, how long could it possibly take to start getting this thing out???

I'm anxious, can't you tell. :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,388
    hard to tell what they'll do...
    i know they liked what radiohead & other bands did as far as self-releasing goes. but from what i understand, it hasn't been mixed yet. that can take awhile. i hope that the holiday single will have at least one new song to hold us over until the record is released.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    redeyeredeye Posts: 620
    i cant see them rushing this out, after the overall response to pj, they must feel a little pressure to write ANOTHER great record!!
    my guess is sometime in the autumn, hopefully....
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    pjamfan91 wrote:
    i cant see them rushing this out, after the overall response to pj, they must feel a little pressure to write ANOTHER great record!!
    my guess is sometime in the autumn, hopefully....
    :mrgreen:
    Well the writing is apparently done.. It was mentioned in an interview about wether the remixing of Ten had any effect on the writing process of the new album.. its all on the mixing, production and track listing from here on out..
  • Options
    Nah if anything it would probably slow it down as there is no deadline to meet...ergo nobody (cept us) pressuring them to hurry the hell up lol.

This is probably a good thing though cause then they can release it when they feel its JUST RIGHT and not a day before.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz