Options

356 Entries on Ebay for EV tix so far

CrazyMaryJPCrazyMaryJP Posts: 42
edited June 2009 in The Porch
So depressing to me to get on ebay mere hours after an onsale and see hundreds of tickets for sale for EV shows when our fellow 10C members got shut out. I hope everyone finds their way to a show one way or another!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    So depressing to me to get on ebay mere hours after an onsale and see hundreds of tickets for sale for EV shows when our fellow 10C members got shut out. I hope everyone finds their way to a show one way or another!

par for the course. as long as there is ticketbastard/livenation this will be what happens.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    i searched .. eddie vedder tickets .. & i get 184 results! :shock:

http://shop.ebay.ca/items/_W0QQ_nkwZedd ... R40QQ_mdoZ

why i said these small show's should all go to 10club, and not ticketmaster/live nation.
    oh well! no point fighting for tickets for fans, say la ve!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

why i said these small show's should all go to 10club, and not ticketmaster/live nation.
    Just searched it again and got 363 results for Eddie Vedder Tickets. The prices people are asking are outrageous!
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

What is ebay.ca? You are in Canada maybe? My search was on ebay.com. Either way...it's a shitload of tickets that should've gone to people who weren't buying them just to make a buck. Of course we live in a free market economy so if people are willing to buy there will be people there to sell.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    demetrios wrote:

What is ebay.ca? You are in Canada maybe? My search was on ebay.com. Either way...it's a shitload of tickets that should've gone to people who weren't buying them just to make a buck. Of course we live in a free market economy so if people are willing to buy there will be people there to sell.

I would totally agree with your comments about free market, but unfortuantely what has been happening at ticketmaster/ticketsnow and live nation, stubhub, etc. has not been based upon the free market.
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    demetrios wrote:

Just search Eddie Vedder, and then look on the left side where it says "even tickets" as one of the category breakdowns. It's actually up to 365 now.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

d'oh! ebay.ca does search usa tickets too. still though, that's way to high & it's just hours after the tickets went on sale.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Just search Eddie Vedder, and then look on the left side where it says "even tickets" as one of the category breakdowns. It's actually up to 365 now.

i see it for ebay.com. it's weird, i click "buy it now" and 391 came up! :shock:
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Yea. I noticed on TM that the limit was 8... fucking 8. No wonder there are so many up, people capitalizing and 10clubbers missing out.
  • Options
    What's up with the people who have the tickets going for just a few dollars but the shipping is 48? Is that some sort of scam?
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    What's up with the people who have the tickets going for just a few dollars but the shipping is 48? Is that some sort of scam?
    Probably a way of trying to get around the scalping laws some states have.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I have to say, if I had gotten shut out today I would have turned to ebay. Some people were asking only like $25 dollars above cost. Yes it sucks, yes there are people that are not fans and are trying to make $$ but that is the way of the world. If you want to see Ed, which I hope you do, then get there any way possible. You will not regret it! I would look for a reasonable price and go for it! If it makes you feel any better, I sell on ebay and it is so hard to make money there. If the ticket is $25 above cost the seller is making only about 9 or 10 dollars. I can't even see why they would waste the effort.
    Again, I would have looked to ebay if I had to. The other choices are even worse! Crazy prices that I couldn''t even imagine paying.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    there are alot on stub hub around face value for the atlanta show. I'm going to try to hold out and wait till it gets to be the last minute and try to get something under face.
  • Options
    there are alot on stub hub around face value for the atlanta show. I'm going to try to hold out and wait till it gets to be the last minute and try to get something under face.

last minute? last minute would be like buying a ticket outside the theatre the day of the show ... if you're lucky to score one.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

last minute? last minute would be like buying a ticket outside the theatre the day of the show ... if you're lucky to score one.

Atlanta didn't sell out. Worst case I'll get a ticket a day or two before the show on ticketmaster. Shows never sell out here. You can get 30.00 tickets to Springsteen's show next week, and it'll go lower the closer it gets to the show. Atlanta never sells anything out except rap and country shows.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

Just searched it again and got 363 results for Eddie Vedder Tickets. The prices people are asking are outrageous!

The ones I'm selling are for face value once you factor in fees...bought some tickets to shows, then got 2nd row to Atlanta...I'm going ALONE and paying $700+ to see Ed becaue I live in fucking Montana...nothing wrong with selling the ones I cannot use...my Ebay handle is betterthanbad and I am a Pearl Jam Fan... ;)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    it's at 380 now! :shock:
  • Options
    I was on at 959 on sat and couldnt get a single ticket to philly 2. I bought mine on stub hub for 169.00 a ticket. I hate that i had to pay that much,but guess what its a rare thing to see the lead singer do a solo tour and hes been my idol since 1991. So i would pay anything to see this concert.
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    wait it out for those who don't have tickets..... you can probably score most of the shows under face value....
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Anyone else surprised by how weak the demand for the EV shows is?

Lots of tickets posted for resale near face value but not many being bought.
    96: 10-2 Hartford
    03: 7-11 Mansfield 3
    04: 9-28 Boston 1
    08: 6-28 Mansfield 1
    09: 10-30 Philly 3, 10-31 Philly 4
    10: 5-15 Hartford, 5-17 Boston
    11: 9-3 Alpine Valley, 9-4 Alpine Valley
    13: 10-15 Worcester 1, 10-16 Worcester 2, 10-25 Hartford
    16: 4-29 Philly 2, 5-1 MSG 1, 8-5 Fenway 1, 8-7 Fenway 2
    18: 9-2 Fenway 1, 9-4 Fenway 2
    21: 9-26 Ohana
    22: 5-6 LA, 5-7 LA, 5-16 Fresno
    EV SOLO: 8-2-08 Boston 2, 6-8-09 Albany 1, 6-15-11 Providence, 6-16-11 Boston, 6-18-11 Hartford, 11-1-12 Las Vegas
    Tres Mts: 3-27-11 Boston
  • Options
    Anyone else surprised by how weak the demand for the EV shows is?

Lots of tickets posted for resale near face value but not many being bought.

Not a bit....the economy is MUCH worse than it was EV's first solo tour...this illustrates it...Ed should've charged less for the tix and the entire PJ camp should take it into consideration...I was LUCKY to scratch out 2 tix to his LA show at the Wiltern last time, but now you can score tix much easier...
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I'm surprised... maybe I shouldn't be. These solo shows are wonderful, usually getting decent reviews and whatnot, and he only does a handful of them each time. I appreciate the fact that the economy is bad, BUT it was also this way in August of '08. Lots and lots of tickets popping up for resale, and lots getting sold for face. In my opinion, these shows are something really unique. Given the popularity of the artist, the small venues, the small number of tour stops... etc, I'm surprised that these shows aren't a tougher ticket. Then again, many dates seem to be selling out fairly quick... Albany, Philly, Memphis, Nashville, Baltimore.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    demetrios wrote:

The ones I'm selling are for face value once you factor in fees...bought some tickets to shows, then got 2nd row to Atlanta...I'm going ALONE and paying $700+ to see Ed becaue I live in fucking Montana...nothing wrong with selling the ones I cannot use...my Ebay handle is betterthanbad and I am a Pearl Jam Fan... ;)

You owe sliver39 an apology and people involved in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=99239&p=2327352#p2327352
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine, i love your passion for this! my kind of style! :D

that piece of garbage won't get away from it.
    i just hope they ban & terminate his 10club membership for what he has done.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    demetrios wrote:
    IamMine, i love your passion for this! my kind of style! :D

that piece of garbage won't get away from it.
    i just hope they ban & terminate his 10club membership for what he has done.

it comes with a curse, unfortunately. I've been burnt so many times.

I'm not exactly jumping up and down... because even if 10c revokes his 10c membership and he does not redeem his behavior, he's going to continue this on ebay and who knows what else.

I really hate liars.

You want to see the worst in me.... all you need to do is to lie to me and keep denying it...the monster comes out.
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    thats why i was screaming when they put out the presale,,they said only for 10c members and only for americans and canada..and now what?why they didnt give us in europe that we are fans to buy tickets?and the people now buy from TM 8 or more with different acounts more and i have to pay to see eddie exept flights ,hotel,,from europe and a ticket that cost 77$ up to 400$..and why in ticketmaster to buy more than 2?till 8?why?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
This discussion has been closed.