Options

Trading EV Tix for PJ Stuff

TJS117TJS117 Posts: 4
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Are we allowed to trade one of our EV tix for a PJ Vinyl, Poster, or other memorabilia?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    why not? what shows are you looking to unload and what are you looking for in return? you're not gonna get a benaroya vinyl for tickets but you might get a solid poster
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Trading your extra ticket for PJ stuff is great in my opinion. I'm sure it would also be acceptable to take cash for the purchase value of your extra ticket seeing as you had to buy in pairs. I think the reselling rule is there to stop scalping... someone buying tix with the intent to resell for a profit. I'm confident that no one in PJ, the 10C, or PJ management would expect you to eat the cost of your second ticket to conform to the rules.

Peace
    Just me
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    I think they (the 10c) just started to have issue with it for (i think) the Vic show when people were offering up packages of all kinds of goodies and "things"... including airfare and hotel rooms... which started clearly encouraging scalping. I don't think trading a great poster or laptop bag for a ticket... or even paying face and throwing in a pick or something (*wink*wink*) is breaking the rules...

If it is... can you tell us, guys? ;)
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Zanne wrote:
    Trading your extra ticket for PJ stuff is great in my opinion. I'm sure it would also be acceptable to take cash for the purchase value of your extra ticket seeing as you had to buy in pairs. I think the reselling rule is there to stop scalping... someone buying tix with the intent to resell for a profit. I'm confident that no one in PJ, the 10C, or PJ management would expect you to eat the cost of your second ticket to conform to the rules.

Peace
    well, if you're trading for something that would have cost you more to buy at current market price than the EV ticket price, then it is technically scalping (i.e. making a profit).
    now since posters or vinyls original price was much lower than EV price, you're probably ok.
  • Options
    More CoffeeMore Coffee Posts: 591
    I have an extra Easy Street poster.
    support The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
    http://giving.chop.edu/site/PageServer?pagename=give_GiveTheGift
  • Options
    JS49184JS49184 Posts: 21
    I am a big Pearl Jam fan and have been to 13 shows (14 if you count the Ed Vedder solo stint) since 1998. I love them like no other band. I have 2 issues, though.

1) Unfortunately, every time they go on tour, I have trouble finding people with whom to go. Most of my friends haven't seen the light, and for those who have, they are only fans enough to go to 1 or 2 shows per tour. That leaves me with 2 - 3 shows per tour to go to with a quasi-fan, a less-than-ideal situation. While I would never go with someone who just knows Ten or their radio hits, these quasi-fans are familiar with the more popular 3 - 5 songs on each studio album, and a few rarities. They like the music, but don't necessarily love it. They don't know the lyrics to 90% of the songs. So it works, but not as hot as going with a true fan.

2) I joined the 10c in mid-1998, and my member number is 188XXX. I have damn good seniority, but not good enough to net me seats any closer than the 20th row (I did not win the lottery either last tour). I am dying to sit much closer. I want to see Mike's fingers move on that guitar.

I am therefore looking to solve both issues in 1 shot. I am looking for someone who similarly would like to go to a show on their next tour with a fellow *true* fan, and who has an even more spectacular membership number than mine. Of course I will pay face for my ticket.

This is for any upcoming PJ tour (hopefully soon!), for which you can just e-mail/PM me now so we are in touch when the time comes. This is ALSO for the Ed solo tour. I lost the random drawing, so I instead bought Ticketmaster tix to the Baltimore Lyric Opera House. I would love to unload those for face on cragslist and instead go with a 10c member (will pay face of course) instead.

I am 25 years old in the DC area, but travel to VA, NY, NJ and even as far as Chicago to see them. Please let me know if you're interested, and we'll figure out if the dates/locations work out.

Please contact me at jason.schoenbrun DELETE at CAPITALS gmail

Thanks!
    Jason
  • Options
    OffMeGoesOffMeGoes Posts: 483
    JS49184 wrote:
    I am a big Pearl Jam fan and have been to 13 shows (14 if you count the Ed Vedder solo stint) since 1998. I love them like no other band. I have 2 issues, though.

1) Unfortunately, every time they go on tour, I have trouble finding people with whom to go. Most of my friends haven't seen the light, and for those who have, they are only fans enough to go to 1 or 2 shows per tour. That leaves me with 2 - 3 shows per tour to go to with a quasi-fan, a less-than-ideal situation. While I would never go with someone who just knows Ten or their radio hits, these quasi-fans are familiar with the more popular 3 - 5 songs on each studio album, and a few rarities. They like the music, but don't necessarily love it. They don't know the lyrics to 90% of the songs. So it works, but not as hot as going with a true fan.

2) I joined the 10c in mid-1998, and my member number is 188XXX. I have damn good seniority, but not good enough to net me seats any closer than the 20th row (I did not win the lottery either last tour). I am dying to sit much closer. I want to see Mike's fingers move on that guitar.

I am therefore looking to solve both issues in 1 shot. I am looking for someone who similarly would like to go to a show on their next tour with a fellow *true* fan, and who has an even more spectacular membership number than mine. Of course I will pay face for my ticket.

This is for any upcoming PJ tour (hopefully soon!), for which you can just e-mail/PM me now so we are in touch when the time comes. This is ALSO for the Ed solo tour. I lost the random drawing, so I instead bought Ticketmaster tix to the Baltimore Lyric Opera House. I would love to unload those for face on cragslist and instead go with a 10c member (will pay face of course) instead.

I am 25 years old in the DC area, but travel to VA, NY, NJ and even as far as Chicago to see them. Please let me know if you're interested, and we'll figure out if the dates/locations work out.

Thanks!
    Jason

Would you like the person to make you a sandwich too?
    Formally known as Tackalac before being formally known as Vedderwt,,,,....release my old name and posts....

I saw a wino eating grapes, I said, "Dude, you have to wait"
  • Options
    JS49184 wrote:

Thanks!
    Jason

my number is in the 240s and I can't get closer than the 20th row of the second section back... i'd kill for 20th row overall.
    -one thing to remember, always have a good time, all the time