Options

Trading Places..

CalumCalum Posts: 635
edited April 2009 in The Porch
I just wanted to know out of curiousity....

Is there anyone you would like to replace Eddie in PJ (just for a few songs not for good), but to just see a PJ classic with a different voice. I would have liked to see Dave Matthews / Kurt Cobain / Jeff Buckley sing a few songs.

I would have equally liked to hear a few Nirvana tracks but with Eddie singing instead.

And the one song I would love to hear Eddie is sing is.... Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan :-)

I dont want anyone to replace Ed, let me make that clear :-) I love PJ but just was talking about this subject with a friend last night :D
London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    memememe Posts: 4,693
    I would only allow Jeff Buckley to sing in a couple of songs.
    Oh wait...
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    was always curious to hear what thom yorke would sound like in front of pj and what ed would sound like in front of radiohead.....7 worlds collide with phil selway and ed o'brien on parting ways was brilliant.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Rourke24 wrote:

Is there anyone you would like to replace Eddie in PJ (just for a few songs not for good), but to just see a PJ classic with a different voice. I would have liked to see Dave Matthews / Kurt Cobain / Jeff Buckley sing a few songs.

I would have equally liked to hear a few Nirvana tracks but with Eddie singing instead.

And the one song I would love to hear Eddie is sing is.... Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan :-)

I dont want anyone to replace Ed, let me make that clear :-) I love PJ but just was talking about this subject with a friend last night :D

Sounds like an awful idea.Dave Matthews SUCKS
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    When done correctly

I find it enjoyable when songs that I like are covered by other bands
  • Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Rourke24 wrote:

Nope
  • Options
    I think it'd be fun/strange to hear another artist take on a song. As I would like Ed to sing some off the other amazings songs in the world, that wasn't done by PJ.. Like Grace or Crush :D

DMB rocks! :oops:
  • Options
    Rourke24 wrote:
    I think it'd be fun/strange to hear another artist take on a song. As I would like Ed to sing some off the other amazings songs in the world, that wasn't done by PJ.. Like Grace or Crush :D

DMB rocks! :oops:

covers are tough, they can be so good, but oh so bad. but do you mean putting other singers WITH pearl jam? not sure that's a good idea ... covers are best when switched up a bit to fit the performer, in my opinion ... like dave matthews with pj backing? no way. DMB covering PJ is a bit different, but -- and I'm a DMB fan too -- I NEVER want to hear Dave Matthews sing a Pearl Jam song ... well maybe there are a few he could manage ... but no ... I think that best be left alone ... I'd be interested to see Eddie sing Bartender ... i know people (lots of DMB haters around here) may jump on me for that, but i think his voice would totally change the song for a better/darker way ..

Jeff Buckley is one of my favorites so .. interesting idea ... what songs though? ... but unfortunately ...

Kurt Cobain/Eddie swap: not a bit interested.
  • Options
    GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    Rourke24 wrote:

Is there anyone you would like to replace Eddie in PJ (just for a few songs not for good), but to just see a PJ classic with a different voice. I would have liked to see Kurt Cobain / Jeff Buckley sing a few songs.

i don't think this will never happen
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • Options
    Dave Matthews? Seriously?

No, there's no one that I would want to replace Ed in Pearl Jam...even for just a few songs.

Hey...how do I add a signature to my post like some of you have? If you know, PM me please.
  • Options
    Rourke24 wrote:

Is there anyone you would like to replace Eddie in PJ (just for a few songs not for good), but to just see a PJ classic with a different voice. I would have liked to see Kurt Cobain / Jeff Buckley sing a few songs.

i don't think this will never happen

No shit! :o