Options

Band Of Horses should open the next tour!

soonerdeadsoonerdead Posts: 117
edited April 2009 in The Porch
i hope i get my wish!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SCRIBLING C-MENTSCRIBLING C-MENT Springfield, IL Posts: 248
    soonerdead wrote:
    i hope i get my wish!

Hmmmm. interesting, this might be a good bill... I'd be down for this show!
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Ummm....yeah man! BOH is solid. I will be attending the "special acoustic" show at Carnegie in June. Can't wait to see them live. hope they do more shows in the NYC area.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,197
    their tunes don't translate over well live. just my bias. i was way disappointed.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Elderly ManElderly Man Posts: 235
    Yeah they should, and watching their videos from letterman it looks to me like they translate well live
    MSG 2 - 03
    Ed Sullivan Theater - 06
    Irving Plaza - 06
    Albany - 06
    Hartford - 06
    East Rutherford 1 & 2 - 06
    San Francisco 1 & 2 - 06
    Bonnaroo - 08
    MSG 1 & 2 - 08
    Hartford - 08
    Mansfield 1 - 08
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    my girlfriend would agree.

I do not.

I'd rather see The Duke Spirit. now THERE'S a kick ass up and coming band that would make a good opening act.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,197
    Yeah they should, and watching their videos from letterman it looks to me like they translate well live

:shock:

ok.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    their tunes don't translate over well live. just my bias. i was way disappointed.

I saw BOH live a couple of times, but i would have to disagree. Ben Bridwell's vocals may not match up with the vocals on record, but he's still solid. I'm assuming you've seen them and would totally disagree. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,623
    soonerdead wrote:

I saw BOH live a couple of times, but i would have to disagree. Ben Bridwell's vocals may not match up with the vocals on record, but he's still solid. I'm assuming you've seen them and would totally disagree. :mrgreen:

seen them twice. one was so so and the other was great.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    jimed14 wrote:

I do not.

I'd rather see The Duke Spirit. now THERE'S a kick ass up and coming band that would make a good opening act.

? :?:
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,084
    I would love to see this. Too bad I wasn't into Kings of Leon when they opened because they are one of my favorites now. I would also love to see The Killers open.
  • Options
    SavedFuckerSavedFucker Posts: 215
    i agree.

Either BOH or Built To Spill would really be good openers..esp. for outdoor shows

ill continue to dream of a Pearl Jam/Drive By Truckers tour
    i'll trade you my tee shirt for a grilled cheese
  • Options
    TMudrickTMudrick Posts: 267
    I'd be game for this...I could see why their songs dont go over well live but id still love to check them out live. Great studio band however...

Id love to see the Black Keys start up a PJ show.
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    MGMT!!!!
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    TM248419 wrote:
    I'd be game for this...I could see why their songs dont go over well live but id still love to check them out live. Great studio band however...

Id love to see the Black Keys start up a PJ show.

black keys would be good too
  • Options
    CalumCalum Posts: 635
    I saw BOH in London, standing! Got there early and was right at the front! Closest I have ever been to a band. They are great, would love them.

Eduardo.. that night at BOH, MGMT were supporting them! Wild night, front row standing woooooo :D
    London Astoria - Dublin - Wembley - Shepherds Bush - London 02
  • Options
    DillsnufusDillsnufus Posts: 1,165
    mgmt never. green river would make sense but would never happen. ummm... mmj again would rock. but someone new hmmm.... melvins or glasvegas
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

I do not.

Checking them out on myspace right now.. Not too bad.. I'm intrigued..
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i agree.

Either BOH or Built To Spill would really be good openers..esp. for outdoor shows

ill continue to dream of a Pearl Jam/Drive By Truckers tour

Built to Spill would be dangerous... don't wanna run the risk of being blown off the stage by your opener!
  • Options
    If Band of Horses open the next tour, I do believe my pants will be shat in. I love BOH!