Options

Ed in Atlanta tomorrow 4/16; Zinn film premiere

2»

Comments

• Options
    Staceb10Staceb10 Posts: 675
    kcherub wrote:
    I'll be there! Thanks for the "dress code" question...I was stressing on it!!!

Look for me--I'll be wearing a bright purple dress thing and black pants. Not white! ;)

Cool I'll have on black pants and a gray shirt with pink/purple flowers on the left shoulder. Bright yellow purse.

Colorful huh? ;)
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    Any cool stories to come from this from anybody who attended?
  • Options
    It was great. After the movie they did a Q&A with Zinn and Chris Moore and Eddie and the other contributors. A guy (pj fan but not sure who) asked Eddie a question so he finally spoke and then after that he signed autographs. I shook his hand and he signed my composition book from the boxset. I have a couple of pics so I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.
  • Options
    Wow, that would've been amazing to see! I SO would have gone if I didn't just buy tickets to the show! I hope everyone who got the chance to go had a great time. Let us know what we missed out on!
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Staceb10 wrote:
    It was great. After the movie they did a Q&A with Zinn and Chris Moore and Eddie and the other contributors. A guy (pj fan but not sure who) asked Eddie a question so he finally spoke and then after that he signed autographs. I shook his hand and he signed my composition book from the boxset. I have a couple of pics so I'll try to get them posted tomorrow.

That is awesome! Please post some pictures!!!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    That is really cool.

I went and saw beer wars last night instead.... goddamn saving money suck (beer wars was cool though, but not as cool as meeting ed!)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    I was a little disappointed that Ed didn't walk the red carpet with the other "talent" but he did show up after the movie (came from backstage). They had taken the last question and then they said they would do one more which came from a Pearl Jam fan. Ed just looked uncomfortable in the spotlight. I videoed his answer so I'll have to figure out how to post it. But he did sign autographs for those of us that stayed. But, as I was walking out, I saw Mike McCready. I got my picture with him and chatted him up for a couple minutes. He said they are all in Atlanta working on the album and will be touring starting September. Didn't say where or give any details but said they are going out! I can't wait! I saw a couple other people talking with him later so maybe they got more info out of him but he was so nice! It was a great night!!
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    so eddie didn't play any songs right??
    there are a few pics on wireimage of the night
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    No songs. Just answered the one question.
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    stateesha wrote:
    But, as I was walking out, I saw Mike McCready. I got my picture with him and chatted him up for a couple minutes. He said they are all in Atlanta working on the album and will be touring starting September. Didn't say where or give any details but said they are going out! I can't wait! I saw a couple other people talking with him later so maybe they got more info out of him but he was so nice! It was a great night!!

Awesome!! So, some shows through September, shame I won't be able to do any of them :( But soooooo phsyched about the new Album!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    I was there last night. Ed signed some things after the Q&A while on the stage then he went backstage and stayed there for an hour or so. When he came out to leave through the back entrance, there were a group of us, approx 10 people waiting. He had already signed my Into the Wild cd sleeve inside, so although I could have gotten something else signed, I didn't becuase that would have been tacky. In this group, there were a few autograph hounds who had gotten 4 or 5 things signed already, but still proceeded to get him to sign other gear. Although he owes me nothing, I requested he allow my wife to take a picture of he and I, and he just wouldn't do it. It was strange, but like I said, he's certainly is not required to do any of it. I say this not to be critical of Ed, but to praise Mike. While Ed and Jeff were back stage, Mike was out with the common folk at the after party. He could not have been more down to earth and approachable. He allowed autographs, and allowed me and my wife to get seperate photos with him. It was so refreshing to have invested so much time and money in a band (which I feel has been a bargain for me) and when the occasion came to finally meet the lead guitarist, he wasn't a tool. It was just a few minutes of his life, but it helped me feel more comfortable about my support and love of the band. Overall, it was a cool experience. The movie had more of a college lecture feel to it than documentary/motion picture.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Damn it I missed Mike!!!! I didn't think any of them were out there so I didn't really look.

I know what you mean about people being getting multiple things signed. I wasn't even going to ask him to sign anything if others didn't. I only had the one thing and wouldn't have tried to get a bunch signed.

Was it just me or was the movie LOONNNNGGGG... It was right at 2 hours but for that kind of movie it just seemed so long.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    No, you didn't imagine that, it was long.
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,612
    stateesha wrote:
    I was a little disappointed that Ed didn't walk the red carpet with the other "talent" but he did show up after the movie (came from backstage).

isn't it understood that Ed would avoid the spotlight and attention that comes with walking the red carpet?
    Noload wrote:
    I was there last night. Ed signed some things after the Q&A while on the stage then he went backstage and stayed there for an hour or so. When he came out to leave through the back entrance, there were a group of us, approx 10 people waiting. He had already signed my Into the Wild cd sleeve inside, so although I could have gotten something else signed, I didn't becuase that would have been tacky. In this group, there were a few autograph hounds who had gotten 4 or 5 things signed already, but still proceeded to get him to sign other gear. Although he owes me nothing, I requested he allow my wife to take a picture of he and I, and he just wouldn't do it. It was strange, but like I said, he's certainly is not required to do any of it. I say this not to be critical of Ed, but to praise Mike. While Ed and Jeff were back stage, Mike was out with the common folk at the after party. He could not have been more down to earth and approachable. He allowed autographs, and allowed me and my wife to get seperate photos with him. It was so refreshing to have invested so much time and money in a band (which I feel has been a bargain for me) and when the occasion came to finally meet the lead guitarist, he wasn't a tool. It was just a few minutes of his life, but it helped me feel more comfortable about my support and love of the band.

Ed will very rarely stop to take a photo at a function like this, but as you pointed out "he owes me nothing" yet he still took the time to sign multiple autographs for you (a loyal fan) and a number of autograph whores, so is it right for you to feel somehow cheated that he didn't want your wife to take a photo of you and him together? has your loyalty and passion for Ed's/PJ's music taken a hit as a result? it seems as though, based on your comments, that perhaps it might have. is that a fair reaction on your part?. Mike has always been more approachable in public, primarily because he's otherwise unrecognizable and as such likely isn't mobbed where ever he goes, which explains why he's often more comfortable "in the trenches".

don't mean for you to find this personally offensive, but how a fan chooses to invest his/her time and money in any given band is their choice, but for that fan to feel jaded because a member of said band declined a photo-op while appeasing the fan with a signature is (with all due respect) selfish. since you've indicated that both Ed and Mike provided you with signatures, one must assume that your experience with Ed was soured and your experience with Mike was enhanced purely from a photo or lack there of. would a photo with Ed have "helped me feel more comfortable about my support and love of the band" more so, and why does a photo with any or all members of a band that you've loved and supported justify your investment in that band? is Ed a tool in your eyes for turning down your request?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Noload wrote:
    No, you didn't imagine that, it was long.

So, this is you guys' review of the film? :lol: