Options

The psychological effects of losing the lottery..

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited April 2009 in The Porch
upon applying for 2 shows and not getting either i started to get pissed...WTF!! how can this be God?! why?why?WHY?!!! I've been a good boy..what about good Karma for being a giving loving person? GRRRR..fuck everyone!! i hate you all!!.....I started to snap at my wife and kid...i kicked my cat in his little mocking ass!!meow that asshole!........then the anger gave way to depression....why God? don't you like me any more?

Maybe it's a conspiracy! yeah that's it! Ed saw my anti-Obama posts and said "Ummmmm..Ahhhhhh..Make sure that fucking guy doesn't get tickets!" yeah that's it!!.. Ed you prick! how could you? after all we've been through, through the years!...or maybe it was Kat/Sea/Santos....yeah..that's it! for that time i returned that thin ass hoody! WTF?! I buy almost every poster you sell..doesn't that count for something?!!FUCK!!

so now here i am at work the next day feeling gloomy as shit...no 10c tix for me!...no chance at front row for me! Ticketbastard is my only hope and i hate to even have to say that!! I keep hearing Ed's lyrics in my head "Oh, and twisted thoughts that spin round my head I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning How quick the sun can, drop away" :cry: man..those lyrics have spoken to me like never before!

so dr.feelgood has prescribed me many bong hits per day to be taken with beer (after work) till Saturday when i get to wreath in pain again...fucking Ticketmaster!!! I know you don't like us PJ fans! but don't fuck with me..i'm on the edge!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: hee,hee,ha,ha,ho,ho...thery're coming to take me away! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Somebody take this man's belt and shoelaces away...
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    :lol: It's good/healthy to be honest with your feelings.

baby steps....baby steps... 8-)
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Step back and put the Bong down sir . . . . :mrgreen:
    NERDS!
  • Options
    like.echoeslike.echoes Posts: 582
    Oh, no.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Wow! I did not realize getting a ticket was a life or death situation... :o
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    edited April 2009
    Oh where oh where can my ticket be, the lord took it away from me.....
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Options
    talk it out, talk it out :lol:
  • Options
    :lol: It's good/healthy to be honest with your feelings.

baby steps....baby steps... 8-)

What about Bob!! i love that movie!!

Wow! I did not realize getting a ticket was a life or death situation... :o

well now ya know! :P :P ;):mrgreen:
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    now i feel guilty i got the shows i wanted.. :cry:
  • Options
    skyeriverwinterskyeriverwinter Posts: 1,894
    edited September 2009
    Post edited by skyeriverwinter on
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    This is like not even being picked for the kickball game(rather than just the last chosen) ....pure dejection!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    embrace wrote:
    This is like not even being picked for the kickball game(rather than just the last chosen) ....pure dejection!

i was always good at sports so i never knew that feeling...till now! :(
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Feel for you brother. I passed last year...wanting to see the whole band...and living in Texas didn't feel like traveling to see ed...then I had this last minute bus. trip to Chicago...well I posted on board and a gracious 10C member offered spare ticket. I went to the venue and there were lots of people scalping tickets for the show...and for face..so don't dispair..work it on the board..and worst case show up at the venue with some bucks and you'll be okay. Show is good and a must see but prefer Pj.

Did pass on this years shows....after the signed SDE episode and most popular gift giver getting one.... was pretty bummed at the "random" thing...course it could have just been luck.

Now give me some PJ shows.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    sorry...

im sad i lost the lottery as well. i didnt buy it but still sad...
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    embrace wrote:

i was always good at sports so i never knew that feeling...till now! :(

ME TOO!
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    I just don't understand how people will get awarded more than one show and other nothing!? People should get one show each member. And why can't people use a debt card to pay? Money is $$
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I just don't understand how people will get awarded more than one show and other nothing!? People should get one show each member. And why can't people use a debt card to pay? Money is $$

I always pay everything I buy through the 10C with a debit card, you weren't able to?
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I think you need lithium more than concert tickets
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420

I always pay everything I buy through the 10C with a debit card, you weren't able to?
    me too..think they just dont like you :D
  • Options
    Hang the fuck on. Not that it's going to be the case for that many members who got selected but didn't they give winners an opportunity to back out by noon today? If so, do they select alternates? Just sayin...
  • Options

i think they said it was going to be a lottery system. a lottery means that it's all random. it means that they don't look at your personal account to see if you already have a show or not. and they never said you couldn't use a debit card. they said they wouldn't recommend it because of the issue of the holding funds and what not.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

me too..think they just dont like you :D

oh you mean they dont like us because we pay with a debit card? :lol::lol:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I was under the impression you can only be picked for one show but ask for as many as you wanted to. so I asked for albany one and albany rollover. I was picked for both shows. Feeling guilty I sent rollover night back to the ten club. I hope one day we all can sing along in a ten club only show where no one will be denied a ticket. This is going to sound bad at a time like this but I also won row 2 dead centre for MSG night one 2008 lottery. There go's my karma.
  • Options
    I think you need lithium more than concert tickets

hey....you know your avatar looks like he is giving head?...I'm just saying..
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    I was under the impression you can only be picked for one show but ask for as many as you wanted to. so I asked for albany one and albany rollover. I was picked for both shows. Feeling guilty I sent rollover night back to the ten club.

Other than everything demetrios does, this could be the coolest and most selfless thing ever done on this board. That is very cool of you. I think people tend to be a bit greedy in the number of shows they go to.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,240

Maybe it's a conspiracy! yeah that's it! Ed saw my anti-Obama posts and said "Ummmmm..Ahhhhhh..Make sure that fucking guy doesn't get tickets!" yeah that's it!!.. Ed you prick! how could you? after all we've been through, through the years!... : :lol:
    Actually it was your "Thanks for everything Ed" thread...Ed and SLH don't like brown nosers. :shock:

j/k...sorry you got shut out man. Thats the unfortunate aspect of this new system.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    I was under the impression you can only be picked for one show but ask for as many as you wanted to. so I asked for albany one and albany rollover. I was picked for both shows. Feeling guilty I sent rollover night back to the ten club. I hope one day we all can sing along in a ten club only show where no one will be denied a ticket. This is going to sound bad at a time like this but I also won row 2 dead centre for MSG night one 2008 lottery. There go's my karma.

I missed out on the lottery for Albany...anyway I can have your rollover show that you sent back to Ten Club??
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    sorry you got shut out man. Thats the unfortunate aspect of this new system.

yeah this lotto shit blows! and I'm not saying that because i lost...i think it's just as fair the old way..i rather blame my ISP or the meager processing power of my 4yr old obsolete PC for not scoring tix... after the whole box set fiasco..i don't have much faith in the "randomness" of random selections.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    Poncier wrote:
    sorry you got shut out man. Thats the unfortunate aspect of this new system.

yeah this lotto shit blows! and I'm not saying that because i lost...i think it's just as fair the old way..i rather blame my ISP or the meager processing power of my 4yr old obsolete PC for not scoring tix... after the whole box set fiasco..i don't have much faith in the "randomness" of random selections.
    So you actually believe that they've been hand-picking roughly a hundred and fifty names per EV show?
    Think Occam's Razor - the simplest answer is usually the correct one - I don't honestly believe the 10C could pick favourites even if they wanted to - that'd be an absurd amount of work for them. Considering the immense website redesign they just did, it would not have been hard for them to invest in a random number generator given the set of all 10C numbers who applied for any certain show... hell, I'm just finishing first year engineering and we were basically taught how to do that in our programming course!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    So you actually believe that they've been hand-picking roughly a hundred and fifty names per EV show?
    Think Occam's Razor - the simplest answer is usually the correct one - I don't honestly believe the 10C could pick favourites even if they wanted to - that'd be an absurd amount of work for them. Considering the immense website redesign they just did, it would not have been hard for them to invest in a random number generator given the set of all 10C numbers who applied for any certain show... hell, I'm just finishing first year engineering and we were basically taught how to do that in our programming course!

there have been some theories floating around here..one being it looks like way more newer/recent members landed tix than long time members and such..which i'm not saying is the case but i'm not saying that it isn't either.