PresentensePresentense Posts: 11
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Deleted
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    Said it before, Ill say it again.....

Look at it this way....you just saved "an arm and a leg" and also 2 hours of being bored to death!
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    You're a very conflicted individual.
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    3legged dog3legged dog Posts: 896
    mach271 wrote:

Look at it this way....you just saved "an arm and a leg" and also 2 hours of being bored to death!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    In my lifetime, I have conquered the Multiverse by force of trUth.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    mach271 wrote:

:lol::lol: post of the night!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 723
    So I've been a member of the tenclub for 8 or 9 years now. Driven all over the place to see the band play, spent money I didn't have on hotels and tickets....and last week I find out that Eddie will be playing solo at a fantastic theater just 30 minutes from my home. BUT I SEE TODAY THAT I WAS SHUT OUT FOR TICKETS TO BOTH SHOWS!!! BITE ME TENCLUB!! What do I pay an annual fee for? A newsletter and a "Christmas" Single that never comes? COME ON NOW!!!
    I followed this forum all day today listening to dumbass comments and speculation about who was and who wasn't going to get tickets. To all of you who said "oh it's probably a good thing if the order was removed from your profile"..... SUCK IT!!! And to the knuckleheads who said "I bet they're checking zip codes and giving the tickets to the local members first" EAT IT!!!
    Now I get to jump online at 10AM Saturday with the rest of the losers and fight for the privelage to pay for crap seats and fork over $50+ in "service" charges to live nation. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Now.....with that said, I would like to thank the Ten Club for all of their hard work and dedication to the band and their fans. You go above and beyond for us every day and it is very much appreciated. The membership fee is the best money I spend each and every year.
    Congratulations to all of the winners out there. I hope to see you at one of the shows.
    And to all the other losers....please stay off the livenation website this weekend.
    Have a great night

I totally hope you get tickets from tickbastard or live nation - I think you will esp since you're so close to the venue. Good luck dude, but please, don't be so hard on the 10C, this lottery was as fair as it could be due to the supply vs demand.
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    I would say you just took your self out of "who has an extra"
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667

exactly. :?
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667

exactly. :?
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    Now I get to jump online at 10AM Saturday with the rest of the losers and fight for the privelage to pay for crap seats and fork over $50+ in "service" charges to live nation. DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy hyperbole batman. These people are weeping for the grave injustices you've been made to suffer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y264cqxurwk
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    this loser likes your style............and thanks for reminding me to buy more tickets when they go on sale to the loser public.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,938
    You must check this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    ajedigeckoajedigecko \m/deplorable af \m/ Posts: 2,430
    arq wrote:
    You must check this definition:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery
    crap......i had no idea. i was under the impression that tickets only went to people they enjoyed being in company of.
    live and let live...unless it violates the pearligious doctrine.
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    It sucks that you didn't get tickets, but your post is more than just a little out of line. The 10C simply could not accommodate everyone with these shows - simply supply and demand. It sucks that you got shut of of your local show, but you said yourself that you've traveled all over the place to see PJ play. So you've probably taken tickets from a "local" fan in another part of the country at some point.

Hopefully you score tickets from the public on-sale. Good luck.
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    Just trying to get a little frustration out of my system in the least destructive way possible.
    I know my wife is thankful that my little pitty party ended here in front of this computer.
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    so would you say that you had a bad experience with the lottery system or would you like to see it used in the future for these types of events?
  • Options
    This is one of the few problems I have with 10c tickets as they exist now... When I first had a membership (mid 90s), the postcard system had its kinks, but seemed to be more fair to local members. Now, after re-joining (I've got money enough to spend on things like memberships now that my kids are out of diapers & I'm finished with grad school), I find that despite the years I've spent following this band's music, buying bootlegs (not only the official ones, but the old $35-$50 ones that we used to get from record stores in the '90s), merch, etc., I may get locked out of the only show within easy traveling distance because someone decided to play Phish fan.

This is really the only gripe I have about the 10c or PJ (except for that dratted Christmas single, but that's become a running joke)...

Cincinnati, Columbus 2000
    Baltimore 2013
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I got completely shut out to man and I live right across the street from the Palace.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    haha - great post :) you'll get tickets somehow (through the board or public sale). i got shut out too. next time right?
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    oh wah wah
    atleast hes playing near you if you want to see him you can try ticketmaster or other 10c members stop complaining for some of us he aint playing anywhere near us.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    It's not like you'll get bad seats off TM anyway. I sat in the Last row during one of his shows and it was fine. Better than most of my Pearl Jam 10 club seats.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:
    I got completely shut out to man and I live right across the street from the Palace.

Man I would have kicked my cat if that happen to me. But If it makes you feel any better I didn't get tix either and I don't even have a cat.