Options

Outside Lands Vs. ACL ?

choopchoop Posts: 1,060
edited April 2009 in The Porch
since the ACL headliners are likely to be the same 3, which are you planning on?

i'm gonna wait for the acl lineup and then see what the run of shows up to and after each fest are.

how about you? anyone gonna do both?
"If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    this is pure speculation but, if they happen to headline both festivals and there is a mini-tour in between, i would ideally start my trek off in san fran, follow them for as many shows as possible on the mini- september tour, and finish it all off in austin - this may be a little overambitious, and possibly beyond my means, so i'll just hafta figure out the precise impact on my piggy bank
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    im gonna skip the festies and hit as many of the in between dates as i can
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    choop wrote:
    since the ACL headliners are likely to be the same 3, which are you planning on?

i'm gonna wait for the acl lineup and then see what the run of shows up to and after each fest are.

how about you? anyone gonna do both?

I really don't like the rest of the line-up for Outside Lands. I am debating going too, but taking into account all the expenses (traveling from Toronto to SF) to see one night (and potentially an abbreviated set), I just don't know if I can justify that...I am also counting on a mini-tour in Sept - I think I'd prefer one night at the Santa Barbara Bowl to the entire Outside Lands fest. Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    When and Where is ACL hosted?