Options

Billy Joel at Shea Stadium July 18th.

yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Being there is all this talk about The Who, I figured I'd post this since Roger Daltrey made an appearance at the show.

I just got back from seeing Billy Joel at Shea Stadium in NY.
There were a ton of special guests this evening who helped Billy Joel close out Shea Stadium before it's torn down at the end of the year.

GUESTS:

Tony Bennett sang "New York State of Mind" with Joel.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler performed "Walk This Way".

Roger Daltrey of the Who did "My Generation. At the end of "My Generation," Joel smashed a guitar against the stage, breaking it in two.

McCartney came on at the end. He sang "I Saw Her Standing There" while playing guitar, then "Let It Be" on piano which actually closed the show.... right after Billy sang "Piano Man" Joel sat on top of piano and sang backup for Paul.

Garth Brooks appeared on stage earlier wearing a METS jersey, and in the audience, one of Joel's famous fans — ex-wife Christie Brinkley — sang along, word for word, to the chorus of "She's Always a Woman."

Besides it being an amazing show as Billy Joel always puts on, the special guests really helped make this an unforgettable night.

Roger Daltrey put on a great performance of My Generation, and seemed in tune and on key. The crowd went nuts, and I was rather surprised and very excited seeing him there. After he came out, I thought to myself....wouldn't it be fucking awesome if Eddie Vedder came out on stage too. That would have really made the night!

OK, it's after 4am and I have work in the morning. Goodnight all!
...44 shows...and counting....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    yakko69 wrote:
    Being there is all this talk about The Who, I figured I'd post this since Roger Daltrey made an appearance at the show.

I just got back from seeing Billy Joel at Shea Stadium in NY.
    There were a ton of special guests this evening who helped Billy Joel close out Shea Stadium before it's torn down at the end of the year.

GUESTS:

Tony Bennett sang "New York State of Mind" with Joel.

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler performed "Walk This Way".

Roger Daltrey of the Who did "My Generation. At the end of "My Generation," Joel smashed a guitar against the stage, breaking it in two.

McCartney came on at the end. He sang "I Saw Her Standing There" while playing guitar, then "Let It Be" on piano which actually closed the show.... right after Billy sang "Piano Man" Joel sat on top of piano and sang backup for Paul.

Garth Brooks appeared on stage earlier wearing a METS jersey, and in the audience, one of Joel's famous fans — ex-wife Christie Brinkley — sang along, word for word, to the chorus of "She's Always a Woman."

Besides it being an amazing show as Billy Joel always puts on, the special guests really helped make this an unforgettable night.

Roger Daltrey put on a great performance of My Generation, and seemed in tune and on key. The crowd went nuts, and I was rather surprised and very excited seeing him there. After he came out, I thought to myself....wouldn't it be fucking awesome if Eddie Vedder came out on stage too. That would have really made the night!

OK, it's after 4am and I have work in the morning. Goodnight all!

Let it be

i just hung out with a bunch of people from this show. Couldn't find any beatles songs on this bars jukebox, so i played NIN - Just like you imagined. i guess it's the inner greek in me.
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli