Options

mid-westerners waiting for something closer?

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
edited April 2009 in The Porch
san fran festival sounds like a blast! great lineup too! based on yesterday's billboard article, i feel like i can hold out for something just a little bit closer to st.louis/columbia/kansas city. we'll see. any fellow mid-westerners in the same mode?
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    ACL is probably a lot closer
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    yes i'm not planning on a trip to san fran or to austin if the ACL really happens.
    i'm hoping for something more or less in the midwest as opposed to either coast.
    not that i dont enjoy travelling, i just need to be closer to home this summer.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    None of them are close to Ohio...7 hours is just too far away, gas, hotel, tickets, etc....with a liad off hubby we really can't afford much these days :-(
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    yes i'm not planning on a trip to san fran or to austin if the ACL really happens.
    i'm hoping for something more or less in the midwest as opposed to either coast.

Sad day roomie.. but yeah, I totally understand.
    Personally, I know that touring is going to get more complicated when school starts (two days AFTER OSL!!) so I'm taking advantage of this to get my summer adventure in. I know I can sneak in weekend shows in the midwest (and maybe a weeknight if I plan real well...)
    That being said... I am holding off on buying tickets until I see what the rest of the tour shapes up to be..
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    I've had enough with festivals to best honest...too many people tend to go for reasons other than music (being drunk and obnoxious) and there are just too many people...I don't enjoy fighting for a decent place so I can see and I turn 25 today so its not because i'm an old timer ;)

The artists at the San Fran fest look great though...I would definitely go if I was close but I would never travel to see a show unless I had seats or unless that was my only option to see a show....heaven forbid I have to take a leak-I would prefer the choice of going to the bathroom in an actual bathroom (instead of in a bottle or on the ground around other people which in reality is what people do at festivals) and being able to come back to my seat...even if it happens to be in the nosebleeds!

Plus, for the cost of the 3-day festival I could potentially see 2 or 3 pearl jam only shows.
  • Options

Personally, I know that touring is going to get more complicated when school starts (two days AFTER OSL!!) so I'm taking advantage of this to get my summer adventure in. I know I can sneak in weekend shows in the midwest (and maybe a weeknight if I plan real well...)
    That being said... I am holding off on buying tickets until I see what the rest of the tour shapes up to be..
    yeah, when school is back in session it will take some creative juggling indeed to get the time off.
    we'll call it "field research" :D
    you can be my research assistant
    but yeah no OSL or ACL for me :(
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options

yeah, when school is back in session it will take some creative juggling indeed to get the time off.
    we'll call it "field research" :D
    you can be my research assistant
    but yeah no OSL or ACL for me :(

You still gonna write me a note? :D
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options

OF COURSE!!! i'll even put yer name on the "field research" grant proposal and subsequent paper :lol:
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team

• Options
    Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Hey J!!! hope all's well out in chitown!!!
    cheers!
    sd
    I love to turn you on
  • Options

OF COURSE!!! i'll even put yer name on the "field research" grant proposal and subsequent paper :lol:

Perfect. We'll have to think of an appropriate title for our reasearch.. how do we go about getting some grant $$ for this?

Additionally, I should be (hopefully) touring some grad schools in September-November.. here's to hoping I can couple my (once again, hopeufully) multiple flights around the country with some shows... or at least dinner with some fellow jammers. :D (Those of you in Oregon, NorCal, Chicago, Detroit, Iowa, DC, North Carolina and Connecticut be ready!! I'm on my way! (Hopefully).)

• Options
    mvwmvw Posts: 1,659
    Hey Arcticangel, Is Bon Iver actually a town in Wisconsin? I love Bon Iver (the band) and knew they were from Wisconsin, but never knew it was an actual town. Anyways, I think you are cute! ;)
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    san fran festival sounds like a blast! great lineup too! based on yesterday's billboard article, i feel like i can hold out for something just a little bit closer to st.louis/columbia/kansas city. we'll see. any fellow mid-westerners in the same mode?

well, we're going to ACL either way. it's a blast & if PJ plays, it will make the festival much better for me! i still haven't seen a PJ show with my wife & she's really excited!

it depends on if TX gets shut out from this tour. if they do, we'll head to KC to see family & catch the PJ show. 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447

Perfect. We'll have to think of an appropriate title for our reasearch.. how do we go about getting some grant $$ for this?

Additionally, I should be (hopefully) touring some grad schools in September-November.. here's to hoping I can couple my (once again, hopeufully) multiple flights around the country with some shows... or at least dinner with some fellow jammers. :D (Those of you in Oregon, NorCal, Chicago, Detroit, Iowa, DC, North Carolina and Connecticut be ready!! I'm on my way! (Hopefully).)

Don't forget about Grand Rapids :)

I at least hope Pearl Jam doesn't
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    I'm waiting for all the dates to be announced before I decide what to do. No sense in travelling across the country if theyll be playing somewhere closer. I'm hoping this Alpine Valley in September rumor is true.
  • Options
    mvw wrote:
    Hey Arcticangel, Is Bon Iver actually a town in Wisconsin? I love Bon Iver (the band) and knew they were from Wisconsin, but never knew it was an actual town. Anyways, I think you are cute! ;)

Hehe thanks. :)
    And no, Bon Iver isn't actually a town in Wisconsin. I'm from Eau Claire, WI which is the hometown of Bon Iver (as in, see them at the bar, saw their bands in high school (Mikey was in my ex's band..), grew up down the road from my grandma (Brackett, WI), hometown band.) So just me being a little coy and cryptic.
    And yes, Bon Iver is the best.

• Options
    WICHITA, KS. jonesen for something within 300miles
    IT'S EVOLUTION BABY!!!!!
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    we'll see what happens. either way there will be plenty of pearl jam this year!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    arthurdentarthurdent Posts: 969
    WICHITA, KS. jonesen for something within 300miles

Amen!!!!!! Southwest Kansas is a great big vortex of suck!!!! Nothing but Mexicans and cowboys out here. :cry:
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll