The End All Ticketing Solution

McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Green Day
Show: April 14, 2009
On Sale Date: April 13, 2009
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004 ... orcatid=60

i realize this is totally unrealistic for anyone who wants to travel to a show, but it's a baby step
buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• OkOk Posts: 2,144
    McJuicy wrote:
    Green Day
    Show: April 14, 2009
    On Sale Date: April 13, 2009
    http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1C004 ... orcatid=60

i realize this is totally unrealistic for anyone who wants to travel to a show, but it's a baby step

I whole-heartedly support this approach.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 90,937
    wow! :shock:
  • McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    i didn't even notice this the first time, but under "PLEASE NOTE" it says...

In the spirit of fair access to tickets for fans, this event is a "WILL CALL ONLY" event. UPS and Ticketfast will not be available as delivery choices. You will need to bring your government issued photo ID and credit card you used to purchase the tickets to the main entrance of venue on the day of the show to retrieve these tickets. Once your order is picked up you must directly enter the venue. ** Will call tickets must be picked up by card holder. Alternate names for will call will not be allowed. ** *** TICKETMASTER AT ITS DISCRETION WILL CANCEL ANY AND ALL ORDERS WITHOUT NOTICE THAT EXCEED THE TICKET LIMIT. THIS INCLUDES DUPLICATE ORDERS HAVING THE SAME NAME, BILLING ADDRESS OR CREDIT CARD.
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The ONLY reason why this is the ticket policy is because the show is tomorrow... the tickets go on sale 24 hours before the show, so there is no way for tickets to be mailed out. Plus, it is a taped performance for rebroadcast, so I'm sure whoever is taping the performance wants a full house... this ticket policy basically guarantees that.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    The 10 Club has been doing this -- to ensure as many true fans in the good seats as possible -- for more than a decade. Wish more bands would follow suit.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • When we saw Tom Waits last summer, he did the "paperless ticketing" system as well. The original credit card and gov id were scanned to get in.
    Let the ocean swell, dissolve 'way my past
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,503
    My metallica and nin fan club tickets were both picked up day of venue with ID this year (which made the fan clubs incredibly easy to use and obtain tickets).

I want to see AC/DC play here in August, so I'm going to join their fan club too.. lol.. They're system is really wierd.

I don't understand paperless tickets? How are you suppose to show the usher or whatever that you belong on the floor or in your seat? Does paperless mean they just give you your stub at the show?
  • voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    The Stones did this with their club shows in 2003...you could pick up the tickets one day in advance, but you had to also keep the bracelet they gave you undamaged.

At the Vic show, there was no tickets, just a checklist and once you were confirmed and got your band, you went into the venue pretty much right away.
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.