CreedDiseaseCreedDisease Posts: 241
edited July 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Suck.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    Yep. Gonna be a loooooooooong season.
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    All that matters in Houston is that Pence mashes and Valverde saves all 50 games that they win this year.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    i think it's a bit too early to say that they suck. they've proven time & time again to never count them out. it's funny....when they lose everyone hates them. but once they start winning, it's a whole other story.

i think they have a legitimate shot to contend for the wild card.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • yeahh i'm a little nervous about this team they ain't looking so hot but hey, i dont have high expectations going into the season so as long as they dont set a new record for losses i'll be happy
    MSG II 6/25/08
  • PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Suck.

I was really excited to see a Stros thread and then I read this....a little disappointing. The season is early so don't give up yet. You people should know this by now. April is never a good month for the Astros. Hopefully they'll still be in the race for their typical August run!
  • flywallyflyflywallyfly Posts: 1,453
    They have the oldest team in the league at an average age of 33 years old (last season it was 31 average... they actually brought in even older players to up it -- Pudge (37, but actually an upgrade at C), Hampton (36), Ortiz (34), Blum (36), and Boone (36 and heart surgery and already gone). After Oswalt and Wandy the starters are shit. The worst news is that the AAA team (which i go to see regularly) has become depleted and will be no help for a few seasons. Their hitting has been atrocious throughout spring training and carried over into the season (and much of last season) -- they cannot score runs for some friggin reason, just astounds me how many times they get men in scoring position with one out or less and dont score.

I'm just venting so sorry for the rant. I really hope they surprise me this season. I would love to say how wrong I am but I do believe it will be an ugly campaign :( .
    they won!!!! :D

(thank god)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    whoo frickin' hoo

we need to trade Valverde & Lee for prospects
    good win tonight. ortiz looked solid after the 1st inning. i really think that there's a lot more to this team than we realize. maybe that's the optimist in me.... 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • OneTooFreeOneTooFree Posts: 265
    the optimistic in me has been tied up & gagged by the realist in me

that said, i will cherise each win we get this season since they will be few & far between

(i have to keep my excitement curbed... especially after the letdown of last year)
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    not a 'stros fan ... but, I love EL CABALLO!!!

mlb_us_lee2_275.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    2nd Half Bump!! 8-)
    manny who???

man, Oswalt was ON last night. and thus begins the customary Astros second half surge. if their pitching holds up beyond Oswalt & Wandy, they have a legitimate shot at the postseason.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • FearTheBeardFearTheBeard Posts: 666
    On behalf of the San Francisco Guants, we thank you for beating the crap out of Los Doyers!
    man, a sweep over St. Louis would be awesome!!!! GO 'STROS!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    bases loaded, no outs and you can't get a run in vs. the Cubs? really? you guys suck. :P :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    bases loaded, no outs and you can't get a run in vs. the Cubs? really? you guys suck. :P :lol:

:cry: yup, i know. but i'll never give up on them. they'll be back in the next few years...lots of talent in the minors. but damn.....it's tough watching them this season. :shock:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,730
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

:cry: yup, i know. but i'll never give up on them. they'll be back in the next few years...lots of talent in the minors. but damn.....it's tough watching them this season. :shock:

I read recently that the new ownership wants Freidman from the Rays to be the GM and that it's his dream job being from Houston. That would be a great move.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I read recently that the new ownership wants Freidman from the Rays to be the GM and that it's his dream job being from Houston. That would be a great move.

i agree. he'd do an awesome job in Houston.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

Yeah, man. He has done a pretty damn good job in Tampa with $40 million a year. I would gladly have him leave the AL East.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

Yeah, man. He has done a pretty damn good job in Tampa with $40 million a year. I would gladly have him leave the AL East.

yeah, i meant to say that!! ha! i bet you'd be more than happy if he left! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

yeah, i meant to say that!! ha! i bet you'd be more than happy if he left! :D

No doubt, I'll gladly drive him to the airport.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

No doubt, I'll gladly drive him to the airport.

:lol::lol:
    love it!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    bunt single by big Z :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    oh chit
    81 is now off the air