Holy hell, my Ten Redux vinyls sound awful!

Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
edited April 2009 in The Porch
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I just got my Super Deluxe last week.

Just had a chance to throw the vinyl in and put Oceans on first. The guitars sounded HORRIFIC. They were slow and just ruined the song. Same thing on Porch. Did I just get a bad set or is that how all of them sound?

And I compared them with the recording on the CDs and the CDs are LIGHT YEARS better. I don't get it.

Yikes, add Garden to that list... And I know I'm playing the record on the right speed because Ed's voice sounds perfect. It's just the guitars. Totally ruining the songs.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Dipshit1982Dipshit1982 Posts: 109
    Well, it's the whole record, both sides.

I guess I'm the only one experiencing this...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    Did you buy from 10C? If so Email them.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    i love your user name. my buddy in college, his nickname was mc dipshit.
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    My Redux CD has a problem with Oceans as well...a lot of distortion...and I tried it on many different CD players, etc. I emailed the TenClub and they were great about it...forwarded my request for replacement to SONY... I haven't even looked at the vinyl yet...

Sorry to hear of your problem...Distortion really sucks at the best of times...

Anyway - yay TenClub!
    be philanthropic
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yeah it was thru them. I guess that's the only thing I can do. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. The guitars on all the songs are just irritatingly slow.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,623
    mickeyrat wrote:

Yeah it was thru them. I guess that's the only thing I can do. Just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. The guitars on all the songs are just irritatingly slow.
    first prob I've heard of with these. .Lots of vinyl freaks here too. Maybe it was just a bad pressing/lot.Contact 10C , sure to help you out.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • slow huh? this might be silly, but you did check to make sure you are on the right speed? the 33 and not the 45 speed.
    if you think what I believe is stupid, bizarre, ridiculous or outrageous.....it's ok, I think I had a brain tumor when I wrote that.
  • lukin14lukin14 Posts: 287
    slow huh? this might be silly, but you did check to make sure you are on the right speed? the 33 and not the 45 speed.

the album's are 33 1/3.. if they were played at 45rpm it'd sound more like the chipmunks..

records sound slow when you play a 45 at 33 1/3..
    life is the study of dyin'
    and how to do it right
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    slow huh? this might be silly, but you did check to make sure you are on the right speed? the 33 and not the 45 speed.

If the record was played at 45 RPM it would be way too fast, not slower. I also noticed that some songs (especially Even Flow) seem a little slower than on the original release of Ten. This is easily fixed this with the pitch adjustment on turntables (for those who have that feature). I usually set it between +2% to +3% for PJ records to make it closer to the speed they play songs live.

Yeah. Everyone else explained it, but everything else on the songs sound perfect, just the guitars sound slow and tired - if that makes sense.
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,866
    maybe your belt drive is getting worn out
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    It sounds like a pitch problem...do you have it set at 0 (in the middle)?
    I have no problem with my vinyls.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014