Bon Jovi's "Something for the Pain" Video

gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 278
edited September 2009 in Other Music
Check this out: www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrKU6fL6RU

Just caught some of this on an old ep of Beavis and Butthead and couldn't help but share. The impersonators (especially Ed's) are awful, just awful. Same goes for the song.
PJx69
EVx11
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• in_hiding79in_hiding79 Posts: 4,315
    I used to love that song......
    And so the lion fell in love with the lamb...,"
    "What a stupid lamb."
    "What a sick, masochistic lion."
  • gregoryieldgregoryield Posts: 278
    I've never heard that song before, but that video certainly doesn't do it any favors. At all.
    PJx69
    EVx11
  • I saw the same thing today. My girlfriend is a jovi nut and i texted her right away and was like what the hell. Jovi sucks for that
  • That was supere cheezy!! I thought the Scott Weiland Impersonator was funny though. Awful video, awful graphics and an awful song.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • arqarq Posts: 8,003
    That was supere cheezy!! I thought the Scott Weiland Impersonator was funny though. Awful video, awful graphics and an awful song.

don'r forget awful band
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Jeremys SpokenJeremys Spoken Posts: 7,578
    Song blows. But that Ed was SPOT ON.. just admit it.
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• dreamweaverdreamweaver Posts: 716
    no I know why ed trashes bon jovi everytime he talks about him
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • I love the theme of the video:

"If you want some music that doesn't make you want to kill yourself, turn to us."

Like some skateboarder is gonna buy a Bon Jovi album. It's a good thing they don't think too highly of themselves. :lol:
  • ParksyParksy Posts: 1,749
    So...... it was 1995 and Bon Jovi were still trying to look like women.

Hmm.
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • WTF! I can't believe this is an actual music video. Seems more like some sort of skit from SNL or MadTV.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Red BurritoRed Burrito Posts: 476
    What a lame video!
    the sorrow grows bigger, when the sorrow's denied
  • OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,033
    I think I threw up a little in my mouth from watching this LOL... Did anyone notice the comment of someone trying to say this was a Cure B-side?? ROFL :lol:
  • DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    The guy in the plaid shirt at 22 seconds into the video is a friend of mine. He used to post here.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Everytime this song is played, a kitten dies....please please stop the slaughter of innocent kittens
  • SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,594
    Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PrKU6fL6RU

Just caught some of this on an old ep of Beavis and Butthead and couldn't help but share. The impersonators (especially Ed's) are awful, just awful. Same goes for the song.

That video and the song are both so stupid. No wonder Bon Jovi is a douchebag.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Boy I hate this band.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    There is a quiz show here in Australia called The Einstein Factor where you choose your own subject as well as general knowledge questions. A girl on there had Bon Jovi as her special subject, poor girl. But they forgot to ask the most important question, How much do they suck! :lol:
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24
  • ZidaneZidane Posts: 362
    I was going to start a new thread until I noticed that it was already around...

Anyway, they just showed that video on "Much More Retro" in Canada and I can't believe how full of bullshit this video!!! I remember back then being so mad and you know what...? 14 years later, I'm still fuckin mad!!! Bunch of jealous SOBs!!!! Couldn't take the fact that young bands pushed them out of the spotlight!

Sorry, the tread is old but I had to bring my anger up to date!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• bicyclejoebicyclejoe Posts: 1,203
    What the hell? One of the Bon Jovi fans below the video posted this:

"You ppl make me laugh..Especially the dude who things in order to like Vedder and Weiland you have to hate on Bon Jovi..i like all three of them..but, that being said..only one of them didnt have to rely on heroin to be artistic...I will let you guess which one.."

I thanked him for informing everyone that Bon Jovi used heroin, since Eddie Vedder hasn't that was the only assumption I could make from his comments.
    My Pearl Jam Road: 10/22/90 Seattle | 12/22/90 Seattle, Moore Theater | 9/29/92 Seattle, Magnusson Park, Drop in the Park | 9/5/93 The Gorge, with Neil Young and Blind Melon | 7/20/06 Portland, Arlene Schnitzer Concert Hall with Sleater-Kinney | 7/22/06 The Gorge, 10/21/06 Mountain View, Shoreline Ampitheatre, Bridge School Benefit | 9/21/09 Seattle | 9/22/09 Seattle | 9/26/09 Portland, OR | 7/14/2011 Eddie Vedder, Portland, OR | 11/29/13 Portland, OR
  • soft rock's answer to grunge and gangsta rap?
  • HollybokHollybok Posts: 27
    I am actually horrified by this video as I used to be a fan when growing up. Their desperation is appalling! Funny to watch now though.
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • PJ ColombianPJ Colombian Posts: 113
    Holy smokes... that was painful.. the definition of suck.. which one of these aholes dressed up like courtney love.. god i hate that hooker..
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    bicyclejoe wrote:
    What the hell? One of the Bon Jovi fans below the video posted this:

"You ppl make me laugh..Especially the dude who things in order to like Vedder and Weiland you have to hate on Bon Jovi..i like all three of them..but, that being said..only one of them didnt have to rely on heroin to be artistic...I will let you guess which one.."

I thanked him for informing everyone that Bon Jovi used heroin, since Eddie Vedder hasn't that was the only assumption I could make from his comments.

I always thought Red Mosquito was perhaps a reference to heroin use and assumed it was about his experience trying it, so maybe Ed has tried it. I don't think it really matters since obviously Ed and JBJ have both shown to be productive musicians that haven't been caught in the turmoil of substance abuse (well, maybe a little too much wine on Ed's part, but he's a fun drunk).
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • bonebone Posts: 498
    Zidane wrote:

Anyway, they just showed that video on "Much More Retro" in Canada and I can't believe how full of bullshit this video!!! I remember back then being so mad and you know what...? 14 years later, I'm still fuckin mad!!! Bunch of jealous SOBs!!!! Couldn't take the fact that young bands pushed them out of the spotlight!

You have to give them some credit though for maintaining some form of relevence for such a length of time. Especially since they were lumped in with the 80s groups but actually survived the "Grunge" movement fully intact.

Frankly, they kind of come accross as pompous douches at times, but there is no doubt that they will be a band remembered for a long long time.
    1993-08-12 - Edmonton, AB, Convention Centre
    2003-05-30 - Vancouver, BC, General Motors Place
    2005-09-04 - Calgary, AB, Pengrowth Saddledome
    2005-09-05 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2009-08-08 - Calgary, AB, Canada Olympic Park
    2009-09-21 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2009-09-22 - Seattle, WA, Key Arena
    2011-09-23 - Edmonton, AB, Rexall Place
    2013-11-30 - Spokane, WA, Spokane Arena
  • bone wrote:
    Zidane wrote:

You have to give them some credit though for maintaining some form of relevence for such a length of time. Especially since they were lumped in with the 80s groups but actually survived the "Grunge" movement fully intact.

Frankly, they kind of come accross as pompous douches at times, but there is no doubt that they will be a band remembered for a long long time.

Yes they will be remembered for being pompous douches for a long long time
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    The irony behind this video is he's mocking a bunch of greats and saying don't listen to those D Bags... Listen to us. And they are the ones making this embarrassingly ridiculous video.

I didn't know why Ed bashed Bon Jovi either calling him a "Butt Rocker"... now i know... besides the fact that they basically suck. They do get some credit for surviving through the glam rock period and still being around and having fans but NO THANKS from me.

I agree with a few posts above though.... The Ed is SPOT ON.

Ha... fun thread.
  • G ForceG Force Posts: 1,393
    Song blows. But that Ed was SPOT ON.. just admit it.

True.
  • ZidaneZidane Posts: 362
    I made a comment about it last month and I'm still pissed about that video!!!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    haha... i remember when this video came out. how many times can a kid be shocked by Courtney Love or pissed off at Dr. Dre? i also remember how popular Bon Jovi was with skater kids at the time... :roll: :lol:
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Posts: 1,029
    Turned on the radio in my car today(no cd player) & Bon Jovi was on. When i got home i took something for the pain, i put on Backspacer.
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14 Budapest 22 Krakow 22 Amsterdam 22 St Paul 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 23 Chicago 1&2 24 New York 1 24 Philly 1&2 24 Boston 1&2 24 Gold Coast 24 Melbourne 1 24 Sydney 1&2 24