Options

National Record Store Day..........

BEnglish017BEnglish017 Posts: 455
edited April 2009 in The Porch
..........has anyone heard if Pearl Jam is doing anything for this? Seems like it'd be right up their alley. I was in St. Louis last year and it was really cool. I'll be at home this year but I know my local record store says they will have some limited edition vinyl rereleases that are only for that day. i'm not getting my hopes up but it'd be cool if there were some pearl jam vinyls there. check out the site. http://www.recordstoreday.com/Home
Lexington 4.21.03, Chicago 5.16.06, Cincinnati 6.24.06, Lollapalooza 8.5.07, Virginia Beach 6.17.08, Camden 6.19.08, Camden 6.20.08, East Troy (PJ20) 9.3.11, East Troy (PJ20) 9.4.11, Wrigley 7.19.13, Pittsburgh 10.11.13, Cincinnati 10.1.14, Lexington 4.26.16, Wrigley 8.20.16, Wrigley 8.22.16, Wrigley 8.18.18, Wrigley 8.20.2018, Fenway 9.4.18, New York 3.30.20, Nashville 4.2.20, St. Louis 4.4.20, Bourbon & Beyond 9.17.22, Indianapolis 9.10.2023
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Brownie9160Brownie9160 Posts: 190
    Haven't heard of Pearl Jam releasing anything special for this, but it would be a nice surprise to find my 'Christmas' single in the mail that day! Even if PJ doesn't do anything, there are still a lot of cool things being released that day...

* Ben Harper's 10" vinyl release, Shimmer and Shine, which will feature the unreleased track "Spanish Red Wine."
    * Bob Dylan's 7" vinyl of two tracks from his 2004 Bonnaroo performance, "Dreaming of You" and "Down Along the Cove."
    * The Cold War Kids' live album, Live at Fingerprints, taped during a performance at Fingerprints Record Store in Long Beach, CA.
    * Bruce Springsteen will cut a 7" that includes his Halloween song, "A Night with the Jersey Devil."
    * The Dead Weather, Jack White's new band, will release a 7" vinyl of their single, "Hang You From the Heavens."
    * Derek Trucks cutting a few unreleased live tracks from his 2008 tour.
    * The Flaming Lips/Black Keys split 7", including "Borderline" and "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles."
    * Jane's Addiction vinyl reissue of "Mountain Song" and "Standing in the Shower...Thinking."
    * MC5's classic "Kick Out the Jams" single reissued on 7" vinyl in original packaging, first time available since 1969.
    * My Morning Jacket's super-exclusive Live at Louisville double LP, vinyl edition is a one-time pressing.
    * Neil Young's Sugar Mountain Live at Canterbury House 1969 special double LP vinyl addition.
    * Radiohead reissuing a ton of 10" vinyl EPs, some of which are already available, including Karma Police, Creep, Fake Plastic Trees and more.
    * Sonic Youth/Beck split 7". Sonic Youth will also put out a split with Jay Reatard on RSD.
    * Sublime single featuring two live tracks, "April 29, 1992" and "Superstar Punani," first time on vinyl!
    * Yeah Yeah Yeahs' It's Blitz LP, a vinyl version of the upcoming album.
    Hartford 06
    Bonnaroo 08
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield I & II 08
    E.V. Boston I & II 08
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    I am going to Fingerprints in Long Beach. Matt Costa and 'The Bird and The Bee' are both doing free in-store performances (last year was Silversun Pick Ups and Limbeck, with Rob Halford of Judas Priest doing a meet and greet. They also had a free raffle for tickets to the Portishead rehersal concert at a studio in L.A.).
    Gonna pick up that Cold War Kids CD. There are also going to be discount coupons for the D-Pizza shop next door... 2 slices of pizza and a Coke for 3 bucks.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    I really want the MMJ one, but no record stores in the Albany area support it.
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    i cant wait for next saturday. definately getting the mmj double 10". @ neptoon in vancouver here, there are 6 bands doing shows all day, and at every other store there will be stuff going on too....im heading to neptoon first, then making the rounds. got the whole day off and its payday the day before. should be a great day.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    Oxxys wrote:

i know it defeats the purpose , but musicdirect.com is selling the mmj 10"
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    oh sweet i bet easy street will be doin somethin cool.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    NeilJamNeilJam Posts: 1,191
    Haven't heard of Pearl Jam releasing anything special for this, but it would be a nice surprise to find my 'Christmas' single in the mail that day! Even if PJ doesn't do anything, there are still a lot of cool things being released that day...

* Ben Harper's 10" vinyl release, Shimmer and Shine, which will feature the unreleased track "Spanish Red Wine."
    * Bob Dylan's 7" vinyl of two tracks from his 2004 Bonnaroo performance, "Dreaming of You" and "Down Along the Cove."
    * The Cold War Kids' live album, Live at Fingerprints, taped during a performance at Fingerprints Record Store in Long Beach, CA.
    * Bruce Springsteen will cut a 7" that includes his Halloween song, "A Night with the Jersey Devil."
    * The Dead Weather, Jack White's new band, will release a 7" vinyl of their single, "Hang You From the Heavens."
    * Derek Trucks cutting a few unreleased live tracks from his 2008 tour.
    * The Flaming Lips/Black Keys split 7", including "Borderline" and "Her Eyes Are A Blue Million Miles."
    * Jane's Addiction vinyl reissue of "Mountain Song" and "Standing in the Shower...Thinking."
    * MC5's classic "Kick Out the Jams" single reissued on 7" vinyl in original packaging, first time available since 1969.
    * My Morning Jacket's super-exclusive Live at Louisville double LP, vinyl edition is a one-time pressing.
    * Neil Young's Sugar Mountain Live at Canterbury House 1969 special double LP vinyl addition.
    * Radiohead reissuing a ton of 10" vinyl EPs, some of which are already available, including Karma Police, Creep, Fake Plastic Trees and more.
    * Sonic Youth/Beck split 7". Sonic Youth will also put out a split with Jay Reatard on RSD.
    * Sublime single featuring two live tracks, "April 29, 1992" and "Superstar Punani," first time on vinyl!
    * Yeah Yeah Yeahs' It's Blitz LP, a vinyl version of the upcoming album.

I didn't realize so much good vinyl was being released this month. I hope I can get some of this now that I will finally have a temporary job with the US Census.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Oxxys wrote:

i know it defeats the purpose , but musicdirect.com is selling the mmj 10"

thanks for the heads-up!! sadly, we don't have a record store here & i've been looking for somewhere that was selling this online. thanks again! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Iron & Wine also releasing for this day and we can't forget the new Wilco DVD Ashes of American Flags... If you buy this DVD on the day at one of the stores you get a free download of an entire concert. Pretty cool... Will be picking up the MMJ and Wilco newies Saturday :)
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    Brain of mJBrain of mJ Posts: 786
    One of the owners of Atlanta's major indie record store is one of the founders of NRSD. Please support your local ventures of this project before there's only a few non big-boxers left!!!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    oh sweet i bet easy street will be doin somethin cool.

Did they do anything?